Keep yourself informed!
Oct 15th, 2023, 3:17 pm
I was wondering can the Thank you button change colour to say you have already thanked the user. As if alot of ppl have thanked the user and you cant see your name in the recent list it might save time by just seeing the THANK you button and re-DL the book etc and pressing the thanl you button again with the message coming up to let you know you have already DL the book etc.
Oct 15th, 2023, 3:17 pm
Oct 15th, 2023, 8:15 pm
I have a question that falls between the "reupload requests" and just a general e-book request. An e-book I'm interested in was posted 5 years ago and now the links are closed or not available anymore. Does it matter to the powers that be if I request reupload to the original poster or just put a request out there for anyone to fill if possible. I don't want to fall afoul of a rule I might have missed somewhere. Thanks.
Oct 15th, 2023, 8:15 pm
Oct 16th, 2023, 12:27 am
iris318 wrote:
youarefinished wrote:
iris318 wrote:Is there going to be a way to buy WRZ$/get more WRZ$ now if this is the new method?

No, you earn wrz or win them in different contests available in contests section.

I know you earn/win them, but I was wondering if there was going to be a way implemented to let us purchase more WRZ$ (and also therefore donate more to the site) since going forward reups will also cost WRZ. I've been a member for a while and I'd never even realized about the contests (and my luck sucks in those in general).

I saw somewhere that you can purchase them by reaching out to Disk4mat directly. I think the exchange rate was quoted as 40WRZ = $1 USD. Don’t quote me because I only read this in passing and now can’t recall where. :lol:
Oct 16th, 2023, 12:27 am
Oct 16th, 2023, 3:31 am
Inpurisnatura wrote:
iris318 wrote:I know you earn/win them, but I was wondering if there was going to be a way implemented to let us purchase more WRZ$ (and also therefore donate more to the site) since going forward reups will also cost WRZ. I've been a member for a while and I'd never even realized about the contests (and my luck sucks in those in general).

I saw somewhere that you can purchase them by reaching out to Disk4mat directly. I think the exchange rate was quoted as 40WRZ = $1 USD. Don’t quote me because I only read this in passing and now can’t recall where. :lol:

Yup, this is correct. Anyone who is interested - please PM me.
Oct 16th, 2023, 3:31 am
Oct 16th, 2023, 2:55 pm
Really wonder if the uploaders will see my requests if they have blocked me? (Sometimes I wonder what is the point? Or maybe I need a new account...)
Oct 16th, 2023, 2:55 pm
Oct 16th, 2023, 6:34 pm
I think I have a bug to report

When I select many reupload requests because I do more than one and then click, only one that is completed is removed from the list.

Also, when I complete, I do not want to click "view requests" every time. Can this please be automatic direct?

And last, after a complete submit, the list sometimes does not keep the order. Example for you made simple: book a, b, c, d. Click complete on book d. Order after is b,a,c. This is complicated as it makes doing more than one request at a time difficult. Doing one at a time takes way way more time than doing them in batches.
Oct 16th, 2023, 6:34 pm

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible
Oct 16th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Schillerstrasse wrote:I think I have a bug to report

When I select many reupload requests because I do more than one and then click, only one that is completed is removed from the list.

Also, when I complete, I do not want to click "view requests" every time. Can this please be automatic direct?

And last, after a complete submit, the list sometimes does not keep the order. Example for you made simple: book a, b, c, d. Click complete on book d. Order after is b,a,c. This is complicated as it makes doing more than one request at a time difficult. Doing one at a time takes way way more time than doing them in batches.

Thanks, added to our to-do list.
Oct 16th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Oct 17th, 2023, 5:34 pm
I have unanswered requests from before this new button (some are from months ago, as I don't police it very often). Are those reup requests still considered outstanding, or do I need to go back to those posts and click the button?

I guess I'm asking if this policy is retroactive.
Oct 17th, 2023, 5:34 pm
Oct 18th, 2023, 12:38 am
I have found that about 1 out of 6 requests using the button have working links.

Maybe consider having the wrz non-refundable to help with this problem?
Oct 18th, 2023, 12:38 am

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible
Oct 18th, 2023, 12:47 am
StarredReader wrote:I have unanswered requests from before this new button (some are from months ago, as I don't police it very often). Are those reup requests still considered outstanding, or do I need to go back to those posts and click the button?

I guess I'm asking if this policy is retroactive.

You should definitely go back and use the Reupload button. The rules state that you can report unreuploaded topics after 3 days.

Schillerstrasse wrote:I have found that about 1 out of 6 requests using the button have working links.

Maybe consider having the wrz non-refundable to help with this problem?

It's mostly people clicking on the button accidentally intending to click Thank You. The number of people making this mistake will decrease with time.
Oct 18th, 2023, 12:47 am
Oct 18th, 2023, 2:42 am
So I just saw this thread because I was looking to see if a particular poster is still active, and this turns out to be what he posted in most recently.

From my perspective as someone who frequently encounters topics with dead links, and so has been requesting a lot of things over the years, this disincentivizes me from requesting them -- instead I can usually go to Zlib and find the books there. Which I usually do anyway, but I also let people know that the books are missing here.

Instead I am only incentivized to post in topics with dead links and inactive posters, where I get WRZ$0.1 basically for "reporting" the dead topic.
Oct 18th, 2023, 2:42 am
Oct 19th, 2023, 12:10 pm
Another question: a lot of times a poster will add to an old post of theirs with new books, but they don't refresh the old books. So you go in to get book 6, then you decide you want to click the links for 1-5 too... but some or all of those are dead. Do we still click re-upload when the newest book is active because we want the dead books? Or should uploaders be checking their older books if they're going to be posting new ones in the same thread?
Oct 19th, 2023, 12:10 pm
Oct 19th, 2023, 5:21 pm
Collecting 3 wrz is not an incentive for anyone who frequently releases books. I think that those who don't update all links will not be doing it for the wrz. It is a time issue, a race to get the book before another person does it.
Oct 19th, 2023, 5:21 pm

Oct 19th, 2023, 8:33 pm
iris318 wrote:Another question: a lot of times a poster will add to an old post of theirs with new books, but they don't refresh the old books. So you go in to get book 6, then you decide you want to click the links for 1-5 too... but some or all of those are dead. Do we still click re-upload when the newest book is active because we want the dead books? Or should uploaders be checking their older books if they're going to be posting new ones in the same thread?

Uploaders should check their topics in any case, but now they have the possibility to check directly the reupload requests.
This new feature, the Reupload button, as the title says, has been created to request new working links in dead topics. Instead of filling topics with numerous "please reupload", "dead links" ect posts, members have now a more direct and effective way to ask for it, since BOTH sides , uploaders and users can check through their profiles which topic is dead, how many people asked for it and the most important when that particular topic has new links again.
Oct 19th, 2023, 8:33 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Oct 20th, 2023, 6:16 am
I hope I'm no repeating question, but here goes...

What happens if the request to reupload isn't fulfilled after a certain amount of time...does that WRZ go back to the person who initially requested the reupload?!?
Oct 20th, 2023, 6:16 am