Keep yourself informed!
May 15th, 2012, 6:34 pm
It's quite something when the full page pop up requiring you to wait 7 seconds appears EVERY time you change a page...which is exactly what is happening for me tonight.

Makes you wonder how other sites manage to survive without this much intrusive advertising though.

And it might be worth mentioning that whatever this ad is trying for tonight on every page is failing - because it times out each time, so I'm simply seeing a blank screen with the 7 second wait.

And as for the subject line of this thread - cookies are enabled for me - so that's a failure too.
May 15th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Re-ups only if both links are dead please
May 29th, 2012, 12:02 am
It went away over the weekend. However, it's back now. On iPad2.

Has the "wait 7 seconds" every time I use the search.
May 29th, 2012, 12:02 am
May 29th, 2012, 4:28 am
Swes wrote:It went away over the weekend. However, it's back now. On iPad2.

Has the "wait 7 seconds" every time I use the search.

I've tried everything people have mentioned, and nothing has worked. How do we become VIP members? I'd pay to get rid of the annoying! :shock:
May 29th, 2012, 4:28 am
May 29th, 2012, 4:36 am
To become a VIP: ppcw.php?mode=donate
May 29th, 2012, 4:36 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Dec 4th, 2012, 4:15 pm
This is quite annoying and will lead to me leaving Mobilism forever.
An ad every now and then, ok, but this is ridiculous
Dec 4th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Dec 4th, 2012, 4:27 pm
Ditto. Even if I wanted to become a ViP member, I'm not willing to click on that link, get redirected, have to wait 8 seconds and then click on the "continue" link to find out. I have cookies enabled for the forum ONLY. I am NOT enabling unknown/tracking cookies for anything else.

Unless this gets fixed, I'm done.
Dec 4th, 2012, 4:27 pm

I've become so good at mistakes, I think I'll make some more.
Dec 5th, 2012, 3:34 am
The ad is appearing after every 30 seconds. I am unable to search/post anything here (this message is written in notepad and posted later here)

Windows 7
Firefox 16
AdBlock Plus disabled on Mobilism
Dec 5th, 2012, 3:34 am

Devices used: xda Atom Exec, HTC HD2, iPhone 4S, LG LTE2, Honor 3C, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 8
Dec 5th, 2012, 10:11 am
Use NoScript add-on for firefox. That gets rid of the problem.
Dec 5th, 2012, 10:11 am
Dec 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm
redted wrote:Use NoScript add-on for firefox. That gets rid of the problem.

Massive thanks. That appears to have fixed the problem for me :) Firefox 16.0.2, AdBlock Plus - every page and every refresh. NoScript - fixedy! :)
Dec 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Please do not ask for re-ups unless all links are down
Nov 15th, 2013, 11:55 pm
Does anyone have a solution to stop the incessant popups and ads that make using the site impossible on an Android tablet using Chrome? I cant install AdblockPlus as its a Nook HD+ tablet and I cant install 3rd party apps. Chrome doesnt seem to have addons for Android like Firefox does, so thats not an option.
I understand the need to advertise for revenue, however there is so much of it I just dont even bother using the site on my tablet and soon thats the only option I will have to be online.
I keep getting advertising boxes in the middle of the page, which give me no choice but to click OK on, which takes me to another page. Why on earth would any site allow advertising that takes their users to another site?
Nov 15th, 2013, 11:55 pm