Keep yourself informed!
Nov 24th, 2011, 6:13 pm
What surprises me is: The last time a Mod or Administrater commented on this was the 3rd Oct.

Maybe a new approach is required? i.e. Allow Mods to reward (or not) any post? And the "good" members can still "thumbs up" whenever they want?

Just..Image
Nov 24th, 2011, 6:13 pm

If a link is dead and you don't get a reply from me, please refer it to a Mod. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Nov 24th, 2011, 10:17 pm
Actually Beukies there is a lot of discussion between Mods & Admins on this topic and how it is working.
That none of us has posted here does not mean that we ignore these comments, simply that we are still talking about them.
Nov 24th, 2011, 10:17 pm

sherlockx The Eternal Trickster
Nov 24th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Beukies wrote:What surprises me is: The last time a Mod or Administrater commented on this was the 3rd Oct.

Maybe a new approach is required? i.e. Allow Mods to reward (or not) any post? And the "good" members can still "thumbs up" whenever they want?

Just..Image

Huh... viewtopic.php?p=912890#912890 22 Nov.
Nov 24th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Dec 4th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Beukies wrote:What surprises me is: The last time a Mod or Administrater commented on this was the 3rd Oct.

Just..Image

I hate to pick apart your post too, because we're probably on the same side here, but allowing moderators to reward or not reward posts could lead to favoritism.

My vote still lies with either the reestablishment of the old system, or the streamlining of the new.

Another random thought: automatic WRZ reward for posting to a releases section. Moderators would still be allowed to revoke the post, but otherwise releasers get the instant gratification of increased WRZ. Have a potentially harsher fine for anyone posting there with anything but a release.
Dec 4th, 2011, 6:12 pm

More mirrors = more happy users
flashmirrors | interupload | mirrorcreator.com
Dec 9th, 2011, 10:28 pm
System is still a massive mess... it's just weird when I see people who go through the trouble of posting "thank you" without even clicking the ******* thumbs-up button. People are stupid; you need to make it hard to download without clicking the button, otherwise nobody will do so.

Even this: Look at all the complaints, without a single thanks (well, except mine recently): viewtopic.php?f=426&p=911623
Dec 9th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Dec 11th, 2011, 11:03 am
primetech wrote:Even this: Look at all the complaints, without a single thanks (well, except mine recently): viewtopic.php?f=426&p=911623

Well with all the complaints, I can see why it hot only 1 thumbs up. How is that post an example?

And by going by one of my own releases here: viewtopic.php?f=311&t=155019&start=0
It does work
Dec 11th, 2011, 11:03 am
Dec 11th, 2011, 5:12 pm
In the past two months this system has been live, more than 50,000 thumb ups have been given. An amount far greater than had ever been realized on a daily basis via the "donate" button. We will eventually have its complete integration into the system. Thank you posts are still considered as spam and you are more than welcome to continue reporting them as such
Dec 11th, 2011, 5:12 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Mr FuFu wrote:In the past two months this system has been live, more than 50,000 thumb ups have been given. An amount far greater than had ever been realized on a daily basis via the "donate" button. We will eventually have its complete integration into the system. Thank you posts are still considered as spam and you are more than welcome to continue reporting them as such

I shudder to imagine how many hundreds of thousands of thumbs-ups were NOT given, then. The ratio of downloads to TU's must be ten to one. The amount of effort to fix this problem is relatively insignificant.

TUing a release simply takes too much time. You are pushed to another page, then pushed back, heavily discouraging users from doing it when they can just download and get the hell out of there.

Will you, and when can you, fix this problem? It isn't hard.
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Dec 28th, 2011, 2:54 am
If getting wrz is really a big deal, anyone could release in a section that still uses the wrz system, plus the TU system, such as in movies. I'm not totally sure if there's another section that does that...

As was mentioned before, anyone can make some simple banners for their signatures asking for TUs. Just like other forums, asking a thanks, or a reply.

Most people here are known as 'Tech Addicts.' Meaning, that if Mobilism wasn't around, we (us Tech Addicts) would be on other forums. Which of course those forums don't use this warez system at all. So, what we do about it? Probably nothing. But I'm sure that we would not be going around complaining about virtual cash. Because in reality there is way too much warez going around, with not really much of anybody spending it, or using it.

The last time you donated wrz was almost a month ago. So I really don't see how getting more will benefit you at this time. I could see that, if you were donating it to newer members, or constantly making requests for popular software, games and movies to benefit others.

I hated this system as well when it first came out. But, it taught me that if I want the wrz, I have to work for it. It was way too easy for people to get wrz in the past.

I'm sorry if this offends you in any way, but it's my point of view. :)
Dec 28th, 2011, 2:54 am

!~! Retired !~!
MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT. ◄
Mar 10th, 2012, 4:45 pm
Can't we have thumbs Up sign outside the post.i was just doing it for some books but i have to open each post and then thumb up even if i don't intended to download the file but just encourage the uploader. so i was thinking may be we could have that sign between views and last post.
If We can't have then it them maybe it could help that when one clicks on TU button than he does not have to bounce 2 pages.it could be done on same page.it could be done.i have seen a similar system of giving Rep. on mobiles24.com or TU on desidime.com Forum if you like a post, or a more simple example of LIKE on FACEBOOK.if one had not to bounce back 2 pages then people would give more TU.
Mar 10th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Retired.Don't Ask me For Re-ups. Feel Free To Add Mirrors

We Are Pirates Not Thieves.Thieves Are Found In Parliament.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:14 am
I second what jatboylover said, My thoughts exactly.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:14 am

Ignorance is the root of all evil
-
Don't be shy, click Image :)
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:38 pm
iginxyz wrote:I second what jatboylover said, My thoughts exactly.

actually my doubts were cleared.
Go to User Control Panel > Edit display options > Display confirmation dialogs > click No

here is the link : viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=312486
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:38 pm

Retired.Don't Ask me For Re-ups. Feel Free To Add Mirrors

We Are Pirates Not Thieves.Thieves Are Found In Parliament.
Sep 30th, 2012, 2:43 pm
I like the system . It's what made me join this site in the first place . I found a book here that I was looking for months and desperately wanted to thank the uploader . Then I saw the list of users who thanked , but didn't see any Thank You button , figured I'd have to log in , and so made an account and thanked the uploader first thing . Besides I was impressed how this site let anyone download without having to register or make a certain amount of posts like in some other forums . I find those kind of stuff somehow cheap and annoying and never joined them anyway.

I think the real reward is the good feeling you get from sharing your stuff more than getting some virtual cash . I'm in some torrent sites where ppl upload LOADS of stuff and get no monetary reward whatsoever : real or virtual . That's real free sharing isn't it ? Giving without expecting anything back . Why should we be any different ? Initially I only used to thank uploads that I liked or didn't already own myself . But then I made it a point to thank everything even if I don't download them , to show my appreciation for what they do .

I find collecting WRZ$ fun too . But I make use of the contest section for that , where I made all my WRZ$ 8)

Just wanted to thank the thank-you system and share my opinions along with it :D
Sep 30th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Sep 30th, 2012, 3:07 pm
And a great job at winning contests you have done since then as well as your input in free talk discussions. Thank you for your feedback on the system. It's a refreshing reminder of how much appreciation goes to every user here, unnoticed by many, and shows what just a few words from one person can do to make something worthwhile and enjoyed for everyone.
Sep 30th, 2012, 3:07 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.