Keep yourself informed!
Oct 27th, 2012, 3:04 am
queenofprocrastion wrote:Now it only gives me the message "No suitable matches were found", no matter what I search for.

I'm having the same problem. :(
Oct 27th, 2012, 3:04 am
Oct 28th, 2012, 1:05 am
I tried to search for e-books that I used to be able to find and now I can't find them. There is something wrong with the search function.
Oct 28th, 2012, 1:05 am
Nov 8th, 2012, 4:59 pm
Search was working fine for me yesterday. Suddenly today, it isn't working at all. It says "no suitable matches were found," or it returns two or three completely unrelated items, even if I search for something that is obviously there (like, I go into a forum, see that it's there, and search for it). When I do this from Chrome, I get a flicker of a Chrome error message first, that looks like it says this site is being blocked by a third party extension -- but please note, I get the same message when I turn off all third party extensions. Furthermore, the search does not work using Safari or Firefox either, and generates no such browser-specific error. This is very sad :(
Nov 8th, 2012, 4:59 pm
Nov 8th, 2012, 5:40 pm
webhill wrote:Search was working fine for me yesterday. Suddenly today, it isn't working at all. It says "no suitable matches were found," or it returns two or three completely unrelated items, even if I search for something that is obviously there (like, I go into a forum, see that it's there, and search for it). When I do this from Chrome, I get a flicker of a Chrome error message first, that looks like it says this site is being blocked by a third party extension -- but please note, I get the same message when I turn off all third party extensions. Furthermore, the search does not work using Safari or Firefox either, and generates no such browser-specific error. This is very sad :(

Weird, works well for me on Firefox. Plz update your browser to the latest version and also wipe your browser's cache. Let us know the results then. ;)
Nov 8th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Retired...
Nov 9th, 2012, 9:35 am
Yes..unfortunately I'm having the same problem...No matter what I search for I always get the same answer - "no suitable matches were found". :(
I have the latest version of Firefox and browser's cache is clean.

Anyway, thank you so much for all your hard work.
Nov 9th, 2012, 9:35 am
Nov 9th, 2012, 7:38 pm
same here, also having that issue via Mobilism aplication. FF is latest, cache wiped.
Nov 9th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:31 pm
Unexampled Orion wrote:
webhill wrote:Search was working fine for me yesterday. Suddenly today, it isn't working at all. It says "no suitable matches were found," or it returns two or three completely unrelated items, even if I search for something that is obviously there (like, I go into a forum, see that it's there, and search for it). When I do this from Chrome, I get a flicker of a Chrome error message first, that looks like it says this site is being blocked by a third party extension -- but please note, I get the same message when I turn off all third party extensions. Furthermore, the search does not work using Safari or Firefox either, and generates no such browser-specific error. This is very sad :(

Weird, works well for me on Firefox. Plz update your browser to the latest version and also wipe your browser's cache. Let us know the results then. ;)

My browsers already are all the latest version; just FYI I also had the same problem using a fresh, new, clean install of Chrome on a second computer after my last post....
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:31 pm
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Oops, hit send too soon. Anyway, that being said - as of today it seems to be working again. I never did clear my cache, FYI.
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Dec 24th, 2012, 9:37 am
Sorry for necrobumping this thread, but the search function isn't working again, I always get the "No suitable matches were found" error. Was working yesterday, any news on the fix? :)
Dec 24th, 2012, 9:37 am

- i pwn n00bs -
Jan 1st, 2013, 1:37 am
The search bar is not working anymore for me.
Jan 1st, 2013, 1:37 am
Jan 2nd, 2013, 9:41 am
working on me,, i think the search engine searches for the topic name and not the topic's content..
Jan 2nd, 2013, 9:41 am