Keep yourself informed!
Aug 14th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Understood. Will come back later...
Aug 14th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Aug 14th, 2012, 6:52 pm
minnie7 wrote:Understood. Will come back later...

Thought It might only be me.

THANKS
Aug 14th, 2012, 6:52 pm
Aug 14th, 2012, 7:04 pm
LTSilver wrote:
minnie7 wrote:Understood. Will come back later...

Thought It might only be me.

THANKS

When websites move from one server to the next it has to be done incrementally (base information first) because if by chance everything was moved over at the same time and the server regardless of how good they say it can be, has to get up to speed with the information. Then other data can be moved as well. Something like a Search engine which is a complex data receiver and relay algorithm can't be hastily made public. The search engine is probably live though technically speaking, it is at the moment probably doing an index of the site. With information being added as it's indexing is possibly hampering it just a bit but I pointed out somewhere else on site that depending upon a few things that have happened in the past few hours I'd say that the search engine would be functional in another 18-24 hours at the EARLIEST. As I can not speak for the administrators or tech team of mobilism don't take my word for fact okay? Be patient and information will be passed to us in due course.
Aug 14th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:25 pm
So I guess we can take from this that actually nothing is being done about broken search since this thread is over 2 months old?
Why not put a link up to a google custom search then?
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:25 pm
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:34 pm
bluenote wrote:So I guess we can take from this that actually nothing is being done about broken search since this thread is over 2 months old?

People keep posting about the search not working in threads that have already been dealt with. Originally before moving over to a new server, they updated the search software (which this thread is originally about) and it was working fine.

The purpose of the search not working now is that it is possibly in the midst of indexing the whole site after the move to a new server. Please understand it takes time and being impatient about it doesn't exactly help it work faster or pestering the board with repeated post about "SEARCH NOT WORKING!" when all we need to do is read the announcements.

It's called technology. You just don't turn on a computer and expect it to be ready to go as soon as you press the power button do you? No, so like turning on a computer, information has to be collected and partitioned by the server in order for it to function properly. There are behind the scenes stuff that makes this site work beside a bit of code and internet connection speed.

Give the site time to do what it needs to do. This will sort itself out. Even when it does come back to being functional expect a few hiccups and bugs to pop up occasionally. While we wait for search to do its thing why don't we read a book, engage in a few contest and earn some WRZ$?
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:49 pm
bluenote wrote:So I guess we can take from this that actually nothing is being done about broken search since this thread is over 2 months old?

Search hasn't been working for 2 days. This thread is old and search wasn't working a long time ago, but people kept posting in the thread whenever they couldn't find anything in search so the topic kept being brought up even when search was fine. Now, search is indeed not working, but we will fix it shortly.
Aug 14th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Sep 13th, 2012, 8:14 pm
I thought it was only me. My internet has been down for a while and I just got it back. This info is new for me.
Sep 13th, 2012, 8:14 pm