Keep yourself informed!

Do you get full-page ads more frequently than once an hour?

Yes, they appear very often 217
92%
No, they appear normally (once an hour) 11
5%
Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo 9
4%
Total votes : 237
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:19 am
If the full-page ads are appearing more than once an hour for you (which is how often they should be appearing), make sure you have cookies enabled. If cookies are enabled, make sure your browser is updated and you don't have any security products (antivirus, anti-spyware) that could be interfering with cookies being stored. If none of that works, download and enable Adblock for your browser. We do need advertisement revenue but we'd rather you browse us without ads than with that ad appearing every page.

If you are getting full-page ads very frequently, please post in the topic: your browser and its version, operating system, security products.

EDIT: It appears the problem is mostly happening with some users with Firefox 16/17. Those of you with firefox- do you have any special plugins or other software that could affect storage of cookies? What is your approximate geographic location? So far we have not been able to replicate the problem which is why we need as much info as possible (I myself use Firefox 17 as well and get the ad once an hour).

EDIT 2: The full-page ads have been completely disabled for the time being.

EDIT 3: Testing new ads. Please report again if they keep appearing on every page instead of as they're supposed to- once per four hours.

Thank you.
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:19 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:24 am
They appear way too often on my side...sometimes even every new tab I open shows those ads
using Firefox 17.0.1, on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (SP1 up to date), along with Microsoft Security Essentials (antivirus)
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:24 am

YouTube Android gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/crisr82
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:51 am
They were appearing after every click yesterday, wth the 8 second wait too, until I updated the Adblock definitions. Site restored to its familiar beauty :)

Firefox 17.0, Adblock Plus 2.2.1 (EasyList filter)
Dec 5th, 2012, 4:51 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:24 am
Started today... every 10 seconds I got kicked out to a mobilism screen (no ad) to a screen with an 8 second delay... I wait the 8 seconds, click, get back to the "regular" page and 10 seconds later I'm kicked out again... I'm using win 7, Firefox 17... I have cookies turned on (but NOT 3rd party cookies). I have Adblock plus running. These setting haven't changed in months.

Like I said, this just started today.... currently the ONLY way I've figured out to get things to work sorta normally is to turn Java & java script off while on Mobilism and then turn it back on when I step out of mobilism for downloads... This is a pain.

I can't seem to find anything in Adblock that allows me to update definitions....
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:24 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:50 am
Every single page was getting a redirect - Firefox 17.1

In Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m no problem what so ever , so it appears its related to Firefox and its handling of java script.

untill its sorted I will stay on Google Chrome , no big deal .
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:50 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:52 am
Not sure how this question will be received, but here we go anyway.

Why do we need to see ads coming in and then again when we go to download apps since people use adlfy? A bit overkill for those of us on limited data. Just my two cents.
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:52 am

Respect...
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:53 am
tommy2timez wrote:Not sure how this question will be received, but here we go anyway.

Why do we need to see ads coming in and then again when we go to download apps since people use adlfy? A bit overkill for those of us on limited data. Just my two cents.

Adfly is not allowed. Link me up to the releaser who is using it.
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:53 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:57 am
Disk4mat wrote:
tommy2timez wrote:Not sure how this question will be received, but here we go anyway.

Adfly is not allowed. Link me up to the releaser who is using it.

I'll let you know it when I see t from now on. Thanks
Dec 5th, 2012, 5:57 am

Respect...
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:13 am
triumph48 wrote:They were appearing after every click yesterday, wth the 8 second wait too, until I updated the Adblock definitions. Site restored to its familiar beauty :)

Firefox 17.0, Adblock Plus 2.2.1 (EasyList filter)

I have done this , but no difference, still being redirected in Firefox , is there any other thing you may have done (enabled / un enabled )
In Firefox I went to :
>Add -ons Manager
>> Adblock Plus Filter Preferences
Add filter subscription
>>> EasyList
Actions
> update

The two blocked ones in Chrome ( which may be redirecting ) - according to Ghostery
Lijit
Vibrant Ads
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:13 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:29 am
It seems to be every click for me. I was thinking every 10 seconds but I've manage to stay on this page to post now.
I'm on Mac Mountain Lion with Safari 6.0.2 (no anti virus on mine) - off to update my ad block now!
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:29 am

Dec 5th, 2012, 6:41 am
I'm using Safari on my iPhone and the ad pops up every time I come back to this window
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:41 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:54 am
Every click so far. I'm using firefox,with adblock edge. I think I'll avoid this site until you get the adify,or adfy ads under control.
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:54 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:56 am
I used to get it every click yesterday, but ever since I updated fanboy and easylist's adblock definitions in my Firefox, everything is now back to normal. :)

Appreciate you starting this thread disk4mat.
Dec 5th, 2012, 6:56 am

LG G2
LG Optimus 2X
Acer Iconia A510
Like what you downloaded? Please consider supporting the developers by rewarding them with your purchase.
Dec 5th, 2012, 7:14 am
Thank you thank you thank you for this thread. I was getting the ads every single click yesterday. I updated my firefox adblock preferences like suggested above, and everything is fine now.
Dec 5th, 2012, 7:14 am
Dec 5th, 2012, 7:53 am
Right ,This works in Firefox 17
Go through Add- on Manager (as in post #9 )
then after updating EasyList - go to (next button along from Filter subscription )
Exception Rules
Actions > show / hide filters
pan down till you find 93.114.44.238^document
turn OFF the enable (untick )
close browser - reload browser and it is back to normal .....
Dec 5th, 2012, 7:53 am