Keep yourself informed!
Dec 7th, 2012, 5:33 am
Nobody knows why we didn't have a mobile version of the site directly from your browser before, given that we're kinda a site dedicated to mobile device users. Anyways we now have one. If you go to mobilism.org from your phone or a low resolution device it will automatically show the mobile version of the site. Alternatively, you can permanently set the site to show the mobile version by going to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style > Mobile.
Dec 7th, 2012, 5:33 am
Dec 11th, 2012, 2:20 pm
SGS3 - Native browser access:

Dec 11th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Retired...
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:11 pm
I'm using a LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.1) with browsers Chrome 18.0, Firefox 17.0 and Firefox Beta 18.0.

The mobile version of the site is shown with Chrome without problems, but with both Firefox's browsers the mobile version is shown only a little seconds and then it passes directly to full version without possibility of go back...
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:39 pm
The same issue described with more info: I have set User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style > Mobile in order to test access with Firefox. It runs, but not well.

Here is an screenshot of Chrome access. Everything seems to be OK (I was not logged so it shown the presentation text):

Here is a screenshot of Firefox access:

Notice that the button above shown "Switch to mobile style" instead of "Switch to full style". The correct button is shown only a few seconds and then it changes... The button lead to this error page:

I think the site thinks that Firefox is desktop or something like this... Or maybe it's a Firefox problem (if you want I can try to open a bug in mozilla's website), but since forum mobile access is new you may want to take a look. Personally I want to use Tapatalk for forums but you don't allow it because of securuty reasons. Ok, but at least I want to use Firefox because Chrome sucks :lol:

NOTE: I cannot use mobile style permanently because I access the forum from my PC (Firefox Desktop) as well.

If you want me to do another tests don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks and best regards.
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:39 pm
Dec 13th, 2012, 7:29 pm
The site looks very nice on my Droid DNA.
Dec 13th, 2012, 7:29 pm

-RajuAbju, the one and only
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:00 am
it's driving me crazy. my firefox on all my computers think I have a small screen for some reason and it shows mobile and I always have to click "switch to full style". I've been looking and looking for the answer to this.
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:00 am
Dec 24th, 2012, 5:11 pm
allowingtoo wrote:it's driving me crazy. my firefox on all my computers think I have a small screen for some reason and it shows mobile and I always have to click "switch to full style". I've been looking and looking for the answer to this.

You have the contrary problem than me :shock:

1st. Check if you have the in this forum profile preferences the option User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style > Mobile instead of ppcw.

2nd. If you have ppcw selected maybe the problem is your user-agent. Enter in this page:
http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

And write you user-agent here to check...
Dec 24th, 2012, 5:11 pm
Jan 8th, 2013, 7:24 am
ohh...really it's a great news that now we can access this site from our mobile.
Jan 8th, 2013, 7:24 am
Jan 8th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Mozilla/5.0
Windows
NT
WOW64
rv
Gecko/20100101
Firefox/12.0

There. It did it again today. I'm on my laptop and it was in fullstyle mode and I'm signed in and browsing eBooks and all of the sudden it just switched to Mobile on me. Very disconcerting.
Jan 8th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Jan 16th, 2013, 6:35 am
Your Firefox version (12.0) is really old... Should try a newest one (18.0 stable, 19.0 beta).
Jan 16th, 2013, 6:35 am
Jul 30th, 2013, 5:57 pm
I'm using the latest Firefox, and I still get switched to mobile when I first start.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
I'm on Windows XP, using Firefox 22.0, my display is set at 1280x800. I was using large DPI, but I just changed that to normal (but I haven't restarted yet.)
Jul 30th, 2013, 5:57 pm
Aug 7th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Well. It's still doing it. I went into Firefox and I changed my Cookie Preferences via Tools -> Options -> History -> Firefox will remember History. I changed that to Custom Settings and added two copy and paste cookie settings. One for forum.mobilism.org and one for the whole address bar for when I was logged in. I clicked allow for both. These are set for "Until they expire".

Then since I use CCleaner, I ran analyze first, since I was logged into Mobilism. I had already set (I thought) the cookie to be saved, but I ticked off ALL the boxes in both Windows and Applications for Passwords and Network Passwords. I got the Warning Box that it was going to deleted my passwords but went ahead. Sure enough, after running that, there was another cookie for Mobilism that I could choose to save which I did.

I then unticked the password boxes and ran CCleaner and exited, restarted Firefox, opened Mobilism and I was still logged into Mobilism.

Going to the eBook forum, which I have a link to on my toolbar (is that the problem?) I have no problem on the first page. It's the full style. When I go to the second page - it switches automatically to the Mobile style. This is a CCS stylesheet problem. I can't turn it off. That's why I was trying to set a permanent cookie.
Aug 7th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Aug 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm
It seems to have finally stopped for me, I changed several display settings.
I'm still on 1280x800 resolution, and back on large size (120 DPI) under display, settings, advanced.
On the Appearance tab, I'm using extra large fonts.
On Appearance, Advanced, I'm using the following settings:
Title Bars - size 27, font Microsoft Sans Serif size 12
Menu - size 22, font Microsoft Sans Serif size 12
Message Box - font Microsoft Sans Serif size 10
Scrollbar - size 20
Most other fonts sizes in that area are either 10 or 12, and all are set on Microsoft Sans Serif.

I'm not quite sure which setting (or settings) allowed Mobilism to work, but it seems to be holding now.
Aug 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Aug 7th, 2013, 6:35 pm
I'm on a Lenovo 14 inch laptop with a 1366 x 768 (recommended) display. I found an updated driver just now by going to the Advanced Display properties and clicking through there to the Intel website. I had to enable the Java again. My Display looks much better.
Aug 7th, 2013, 6:35 pm