Keep yourself informed!
Sep 4th, 2021, 6:35 pm
As of today you should no longer need to login each time to use the Premium Downloader. Instead you now only need to login to the Premium Downloader once per session.

Because the domain through which the Premium Downloader is integrated into Mobilism has changed to dl.mobilism.org (previously it was mblservices.org), you may need to save your Premium password in your browser again. Your actual Premium password has not changed, but your browser will likely auto-fill the login with the password that you saved for mobilism.org instead of mblservices.org (the Premium system). To see what your previous saved password for mblservices.org was, do the following:

For Chrome:
1. Click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
2. Select Settings
3. In the search bar at the top that says "Search settings" type in password and press enter. There will be a result titled "Passwords" with a key icon. Click on it.
4. In the upper right-hand corner will be a field called "Search passwords" - type mblservices.org and press enter in it.
5. Your saved login will be listed below. Click on the eye icon to the right of it and enter your login if prompted for your saved password to be shown.

For Firefox:
1. Click on the three lines in the upper right-hand corner
2. Select Settings
3. In the search bar at the top that says "Find in settings" type in password and press enter. There will be a result in bold titled "Logins and Passwords" and next to it a button titled "Saved Logins..." - click on that button.
4. Type in mblservices.org, select the account from the results on the left side, and press the eye icon next to the password to reveal it

For Safari:
1. From the Safari menu, choose Preferences, then click Passwords.
2. Sign in with Touch ID, or enter your user account password
3. Search for mblservices.org in the upper right-hand corner, and select it to view your password

For Chrome mobile:
1. Click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
2. Click on Settings > Passwords
3. Click on the magnifying glass/search icon at the top
4. Enter 'mblservices', select it from the results below, click on the eye icon to reveal your previous password

Alternatively you can reset your Premium password by clicking Forgot Password Here or I can reset it for you if you send me a private message.
Sep 4th, 2021, 6:35 pm
Sep 4th, 2021, 9:25 pm
Bless you for your patience.
Sep 4th, 2021, 9:25 pm
Sep 4th, 2021, 10:52 pm
I have followed the steps, and it works, but Firefox wants to update the password for my REGULAR login (with the PREMIUM one).
I assume that I will still need 2 logins, regular and premium, but FF seems to think that they are the same (same username, from same URL?)
Please advise how this can be managed.
Thanks!
Sep 4th, 2021, 10:52 pm

"Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge".

Alfred North Whitehead
Sep 4th, 2021, 11:09 pm
philosopher201 wrote:I have followed the steps, and it works, but Firefox wants to update the password for my REGULAR login (with the PREMIUM one).
I assume that I will still need 2 logins, regular and premium, but FF seems to think that they are the same (same username, from same URL?)
Please advise how this can be managed.
Thanks!

I always recommend that users set these two passwords to be the same. The system for Premium accounts is separate from the forum, and since your forum passwords are encrypted and we don't actually know what they are, we cannot duplicate them in the Premium system when your account there is first created. However, there's nothing stopping you from making those two passwords identical. ;)
Sep 4th, 2021, 11:09 pm
Sep 5th, 2021, 2:50 am
Having problems with Apple Safari. Any other solution?
Sep 5th, 2021, 2:50 am
Sep 5th, 2021, 2:55 am
Vig21 wrote:Having problems with Apple Safari. Any other solution?

I can just reset your Premium password- please PM me if you'd like me to do that.
Sep 5th, 2021, 2:55 am
Sep 5th, 2021, 4:27 am
I reset my password but still get an error msg when using the downloader? Using Safari (MacOS 11.5.2)
Sep 5th, 2021, 4:27 am
Sep 5th, 2021, 6:31 am
flatrock wrote:I reset my password but still get an error msg when using the downloader? Using Safari (MacOS 11.5.2)

Check your PMs please.
Sep 5th, 2021, 6:31 am
Sep 5th, 2021, 6:41 am
Thanks, D4. What a great new feature. A perfect way to start the morning—with less password-filling! :lol:
Sep 5th, 2021, 6:41 am

There is no off switch on a tiger.

If you're not scared, you can follow me on my twitter, @phoebessCZ.
Sep 5th, 2021, 11:47 am
Hi having the same issues as the person who’s on safari.. I changed my password.. still unable to download..
Sep 5th, 2021, 11:47 am

“Think not of the fragility of life, but the power of books, when mere words have the ability to change our lives simply by being next to each other.” — Kamand Kojouri
Sep 6th, 2021, 12:41 am
Have tried and tried to do this but not working have spent an hour on it.
Tried to reset pass word but No.
Looks like I can't use this anymore :(
jazzysmum
Using chrome
Sep 6th, 2021, 12:41 am
Sep 6th, 2021, 1:07 am
Jazzysmum wrote:Have tried and tried to do this but not working have spent an hour on it.
Tried to reset pass word but No.
Looks like I can't use this anymore :(
jazzysmum
Using chrome

Check your PMs please.
Sep 6th, 2021, 1:07 am
Sep 6th, 2021, 4:12 am
Still unable to make this work.!!
have changed password so many times I'm losing track.

jazzysmum
Sep 6th, 2021, 4:12 am
Sep 6th, 2021, 4:17 am
Jazzysmum wrote:Still unable to make this work.!!
have changed password so many times I'm losing track.

jazzysmum

Are you being prompted to enter a password and then getting the password incorrect error? Or is it simply telling you your password is incorrect without promoting you to enter one?

If you're not being prompted to enter a password, clear your browser's cookies, and you will then be prompted to enter it again.

If you're entering a login and it's telling you it's the wrong one, you're either really entering the wrong one, or you included a forbidden character in your password. As mentioned in the menu for changing your Premium password, "do not use #, & or % in password".
Sep 6th, 2021, 4:17 am