Keep yourself informed!
Mar 26th, 2013, 3:22 pm
just as i thought, most of the releasers are complaining and waining about this rule, but they don't actually spend 2 seconds to think about it, if there are no more users to download your links, from where you will get your precious ppd money?!

most of them are fed up with sites that allow only 1 download per day or 1 download every few hours, we need to take some time and get them back to supports us, don't think only about yourselves!

80% of the releasers just get the apps from different sites (that host them on zippyshare or other free service) and post them here, but of course they're changing the host to a paid one, so, where's the logic and the fairness in that?
Mar 26th, 2013, 3:22 pm

FREE 2.5GB Dropbox account + 1GB bonus for both (you must install dropbox and sync to receive bonus!): https://bit.ly/j0indropbox
Mar 26th, 2013, 4:55 pm
People who have no idea of work releasers think it is very simple.
Try to publish releases every day (from 3 to 20 releases per day) few months
(or years) and you will understand that it is not so easy :)

But if you are did hack some programs that it takes more time.
Mar 26th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Mar 29th, 2013, 1:46 pm
At this point I'm agree with uploaders! Cause forums are alive thanks to uploaders' work and if they leave here , we'll lost our members and decrease our traffic and etc! So we should respect to their work! If anyone requests more mirror(s),additional links are allowed but without any request not!
Mar 29th, 2013, 1:46 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS & AUTHORS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Mar 29th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Ok here's the thing many of mods are in favor of the rule giving the reason about general users convenience. While uploders are opposing it because they are loosing valuable resource for the work they do.
First of all I dont understand why mods are against PPDs. You cant expect us doing 4-5 hrs(or even more) of charity work (although its illegal) each day. Thats impossible for us. Nothing in the world is free, but still our work is made available for free but with just some terms and conditions. Is it too much to ask for?

I would like to add suggestion:
If forum is so obsessed with the direct links, I would suggest approving of link shortners like adf. fly linkbucks etc. So that uploaders will be able to embed the direct links into them. Most of the app files are about 1 -5 Mb range and the PPD sites offer almost same amount as these link shortners. So now the users will just have to wait for 3 sec or so and then no waiting for actual download.
And allow paid link shortners only for direct links to keep this policy under check. Along with prohibition of posting the embedded (de-shortened links) by other users.
Mar 29th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Please Don't add mirrors to my uploads.
If you want to support me! Visit: https://adf.ly/OTLb3
Mar 31st, 2013, 7:00 pm
HPR wrote:At this point I'm agree with uploaders! Cause forums are alive thanks to uploaders' work and if they leave here , we'll lost our members and decrease our traffic and etc! So we should respect to their work! If anyone requests more mirror(s),additional links are allowed but without any request not!

agree with you brother
Mar 31st, 2013, 7:00 pm
Apr 1st, 2013, 10:20 pm
make this and i delete my acc that is the work from us releasers and is not fair!
Apr 1st, 2013, 10:20 pm

Main Language: SMALI :D

Best Bitcoin Gambling Site :)
https://duckdice.io/?c=692a5988a8
Apr 1st, 2013, 11:34 pm
So you all like the fact of dead links, do you? Nobody of you simply remembers megaupload, filesonic, megashare, etc.? No? Let me give you a damn review: All of them died. So if you, the mega "i'll upload free goods & simply mirror other releases for money" uploaders, are not able to provide some mirrors, then: Sad for you. You want the bucks? Fine. Then make the mirrors by yourselves.

Only a few of you are clever enough where i have to say: It's nearly ok. But most of the complaints are coming from "releasers", only mirroring something or uploading free apps. Even demos, we have to remove! Then there is the part of releasers, they don't even test their releases in summary claiming them as "no ads", but having a bunch of shit in the apps.

And c'mon: You post the same topic to a bunch of boards too. Releases will get crawled and offered at each stinking blogspot site. Only the 1st post, not the whole thread. With your links, because each and everybody is too damn lazy to provide own links. So don't cry like little babies. You earn enough, even with mirrors, which are not that annoying the users here.
Apr 1st, 2013, 11:34 pm

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Apr 2nd, 2013, 12:00 am
First let me say thank you to all releasers, your work is appreciated by me and I am sure other users too. I will always try your links first to support you.

A few years ago I did what the releasers here do but I did it for free. As teams we would post new releases in nice formatted posts and sometimes post 50 a day. It took a lot of time but it was our hobby and we got pleasure from seeing the rest of the community use what we provided and also thank us. 12 years later and many of the users still use the forum to chat and release things. It became a community and everyone always helps each other. No money involved.

So I can understand why the admins here are making this change.

Most releasers here do it for the money and will not suddenly change in to the community help for free type of people so maybe a compromise is the best solution. My suggestion is except from the original releaser, any mirrors posted must be to a site that does not pay for downloads/views, so that the mirror creator can not earn any money. So any mirrors are created only to genuinely help other members. Try this out and see if it works. Just remind everyone to support the releasers by trying their links first.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 12:00 am
Apr 2nd, 2013, 3:11 pm
Totaly agreed with f000h.
There's no motivation to post anymore and releasers will quit with this decision.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 3:11 pm

- Please don't add mirror in my releases, Thanks!

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 7:28 pm
This comes from a so called "Major Android Releaser", only posting free apps or taking releases from other boards/sites :D. Maybe you tell us, why i had banned you for 14 days, or should i do? Hm?

f000h may say that. infinitely may say that. wodeaigsq maybe too. das.mustermann even. And so on. But for sure: Not from you. Never.

@All: And like i said: Hundreds of sites will copy your release - with your links. You post the releases in other boards too. You won't get poor, so don't say so. With a release here, you could be sure, your links will be spread worldwide. So you get revenues not only from mobilism-users, no. Thousands of other users are downloading through your link. Not a single mirror will be spread.

Did any of you just googled a link, you posted here a few hours ago? Or a day, a week, month? I'm sure you all did. And i'm sure too, you all know the benefits. What would you do, if chathu_ac will only release in a closed community board? What would you do, if he quits? What would you without chelpus, not providing Lucky Patcher and the cracked Google Play Store?

Only a few of you can reverse. f000h can. infinitely can. I think, das.mustermann can (zumindest habe ich das bei Börse.bz so in Erinnerung). Even i can. Who of you may do that if the reversers and crackproviders say: "Fuck you! You earn money with my free shared tools? I quit!". So? Think about it.
Apr 2nd, 2013, 7:28 pm

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Apr 5th, 2013, 2:38 am
nokia670819 wrote:First of all I dont understand why mods are against PPDs. You cant expect us doing 4-5 hrs(or even more) of charity work (although its illegal) each day. Thats impossible for us. Nothing in the world is free, but still our work is made available for free but with just some terms and conditions. Is it too much to ask for?

'Charity'?!?!?! Are you Fing kidding? :?
Get a grip, you are profiting from someone else's work. A few mirrors won't hurt. Seems kinda wrong to bitch about someone posting a mirror to 'your' release. Might be your time and effort posting and cracking but in the end it is still someone else's work. As long as it is not to the same site as your links, it should be allowed.

This site was great when it was WM only and mirrors were encouraged and padding releases was discouraged. The site flourished with those rules before and will do so again. G&a added mirrors to the OP. Do the PPDs only reward you if the file is a minimum size? It's getting old wasting part of my data allowance on BS that is zipped up with the .apk (I think I saw a rule about that somewhere (3.4) a term and condition of this site, too much to ask?)

edit: I've got nothing against releasers but some of those sites really do suck for free users. The admins have a valid concern about losing people(users) Since I went to Android I'm on the site a lot less than I used to be, the WM section was/is > the Android section.
Apr 5th, 2013, 2:38 am
Apr 5th, 2013, 6:25 am
Like i said: It's also up to the users. Each and everybody is encouraged to help. I'll do for apps if i have time for it. The releasers will get their revenues & the users the mirrors.

@Releasers: Ever seen our market? Also here - there is no single mirror from answers visible. So all under your post is vanished. Another good argument to accept it like we have now (besides: we won't change it back anymore).
Apr 5th, 2013, 6:25 am

Apr 5th, 2013, 9:40 am
@MickyFoley,
Please say us! You will be removing mirrors without request or not?
Also I do not understand your actions. You added ZS mirrors in many new threads.
I see that the staff did not come to a consensus on this issue.

In last time many releasers agreed to the new rules.
But on the condition if the staff will removing all the mirrors without request.

Do you agree with these terms and conditions or you want to make situation worse (for releasers)?
Apr 5th, 2013, 9:40 am
Apr 6th, 2013, 9:08 pm
The staff did come on a consensus on this. Except for one moderator everyone agrees that this rule is the better way forward. We have explained in great detail why this will not hurt you. It comes down to this: if you dont want other people posting mirrors or using them, post more mirrors on your own. So far nobody has been increasing the number of mirrors in their posts but I see a lot of people complaining about this rule. You have a solution available to you and we encourage you do use it.
Apr 6th, 2013, 9:08 pm
Jun 10th, 2013, 10:44 am
I may be a little bit late to chime in, mainly due to my far-too-long absence from the forum, but as a releaser, I have absolutely no problem with this. As MickyFoley said, there are not very many reversers among the releasers, though I'd throw my name in that list. :P I may not release a large list of apps, but those I do release are my own work (not leeched from other forums or wherever). The reason I don't have a problem with this is because I do this kinda stuff purely as a hobby. I may get paid small amounts here and there, but I still wouldn't even consider it work. If it were, I'm highly underpaid lol.

Anyways, I think the dedicated releasers should stop bitching (no offense). If you're posting quality material, your links will be downloaded plenty of times, and even still much more than any mirrors would be.
Jun 10th, 2013, 10:44 am

I'm out of the scene for as long as this message remains. No new releases or updates during that time period, but you can PM me for re-uploads.