Keep yourself informed!
Jun 10th, 2013, 12:08 pm
PutterPlace wrote:stop bitching (no offense).

You mistaken bro! We do not bitching!

They complain of ordinary members, because many releasers distribute only one or two mirror links :)
Jun 10th, 2013, 12:08 pm
Aug 20th, 2013, 3:49 pm
I can't speak for everyone, but I only use the mirrors when the original uploader's link is down. If the original link is down, there is no money to be made and I just wasted my time looking for a release. I appreciate any and all mirrors, it promotes many things but above all else, topic longevity.
Aug 20th, 2013, 3:49 pm

PLATINUM VIP. SO BROKE, WE OWE OURSELVES
Aug 25th, 2013, 5:36 am
It wouldn't be so bad if releasers posted more than one link. Not all do, but some do. No reason to mirror if you provide a handful of links. However, if they don't, you should be allowed to post them.

For instance there are posts where uploaded.net are used, & on my tablet, it is saying the plug-in is out of date. Whatever the reason is, that needs to be fixed. Error, 1x01: Plugin is out of date

So with one link, that download is useless.
Aug 25th, 2013, 5:36 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Dec 15th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Hi all,

Why did i just received this message from jimking

"Honusnap please DO NOT add mirror links where are not necessary. Especially in symo's topics when post files from chathu_ac. chathu_ac don't want his links copied everwhere. The topics are new, with a lot of links and all work fine! Adding mirror links, you make the files more vulnerable.
We allow the mirror links in topics BUT only when are necessary. The users have to follow and respect the original links first. Please respect this..
Thank you"

I'm a little puzzled ... isn't this thread title : "Android Rule Change: Mirrors by Users Allowed"

These releases are from an other man,chathu_ac. Work is not done by Symos .. so ... respect for who ?
I understand the part of hidding the source url for chathu_ac own stats. But why can't we, users, post a new link... ?
Dec 15th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Dec 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Hello everybody,

Nobody to lead me to the right way ...? This thread say that i can put links, the modo that send me a message do not agree ... so ?

Like a moderator said, "Excellent idea! Happy to hear it, this will finally bring the forums to a friendly feeling, not just a way for releasers to make money", it exactly what i feel.... some releasers are here for MONEY, coming from the old age of the "happy cracking just for pleasure days"... i do not like the new behavior of stealing others work to MAKE MONEY.

SO ... can i post a mirror in a thread or not ?

Thanks

Adding this :

maranello69 wrote:just as i thought, most of the releasers are complaining and waining about this rule, but they don't actually spend 2 seconds to think about it, if there are no more users to download your links, from where you will get your precious ppd money?!

most of them are fed up with sites that allow only 1 download per day or 1 download every few hours, we need to take some time and get them back to supports us, don't think only about yourselves!

80% of the releasers just get the apps from different sites (that host them on zippyshare or other free service) and post them here, but of course they're changing the host to a paid one, so, where's the logic and the fairness in that?

Tottaly agreeing with Maranello69, as a user, i just can say that i'm old enought to know that even if the releasers that are here for money disapears... others will come, and cleaning the place from this kind of releasers is not as bad as it seems. You just need releasers that like to post things for others... and not people that WANT money.

Like maranello69 i see that many releasers are just copying files from others board/websites and these people DO NOT DESERVE respect, as i said, they are just here to make MONEY.
What is amazing to me is that some people that are using the work of developers or at an other level the work of real crackers (Chelplus, chathu_ac...) an do make money with their so called "release"... are talking about respect,a re crying about respect... common... !!

Imagine someone that has just stolen 100k$ in a bank being robbed two blocks away and crying for a steal ...? :D Open your eyes people...!
YOU CAN'T EARN MONEY ON CRACKED APPS... that is simple as that OR you've just completly missed the point and THAT IS RESPECT. Gathering little money for the running costs of the website is one thing, but EVERY people here should "work" for free...
Dec 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Dec 18th, 2013, 2:15 pm
Honusnap wrote:Like a moderator said, "Excellent idea! Happy to hear it, this will finally bring the forums to a friendly feeling, not just a way for releasers to make money" ... Like maranello69 i see that many releasers are just copying files from others board/websites and these people DO NOT DESERVE respect, as i said, they are just here to make MONEY.

What is amazing to me is that some people that are using the work of developers or at an other level the work of real crackers (Chelplus, chathu_ac...) an do make money with their so called "release"... are talking about respect,a re crying about respect... common... !!

I agree wholeheartedly. I figure that three groups of people should be profiting from this: the people that created the app/book/etc., the ones that figure out how to crack it, and the ones taking the risk of running full websites like Mobilism.

That's how I feel as a writer aiming for publication... I have warm fuzzy feelings about the old ebook community where someone would scan/OCR a book & label it as their work, someone else hosted it, then readers would each add a new layer of editing & sign it when they bumped the version number up. Thinking about grabbing books off IRC and profiting from re-sharing them (even if I do include fixing format/other issues) gives me something closer to indigestion than warm fuzzies. :p

Instead of that, I find that many non-hacker 'releasers' will offer a few places to grab the file — at least one of which will throw the "1x01" error or "Download Failed," and at least one other will no longer have the file at all. With some releasers getting upset if PMed and others if asked in a thread to add a new mirror, I'm afraid to speak up and end up trying to get the file elsewhere.

Maybe the people creating the actual cracks should go back to the oldschool approach of marking their work, like by adding/altering an "about" screen to contain a little "cracked by ..." image/animation. They'd get more prestige like in the old days because we'd actually know who did the work — and they could even a link that'd let grateful users donate bitcoins/litecoins/whatever for their trouble. (My wicked idealistic side can't help thinking they could include "only to be shared freely!" ;-)
Dec 18th, 2013, 2:15 pm

“It was a privacy nightmare in the early days. Now it’s a privacy bad acid trip.” —GameboyRMH (Slashdot)
Dec 23rd, 2013, 10:00 pm
Further clarification of the rule:
Yes, users are allowed to post mirrors anywhere they like. However, this does not mean that Major Releasers cant ask users to not post mirrors. A Major Releaser is fully within his rights to post "No mirrors please!" in a thread. Whether users will follow what the releaser said is up to them since the releasers request has no actual authority.
Dec 23rd, 2013, 10:00 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Jan 6th, 2014, 5:21 pm
great idea mobilism; sometimes the uploaders are EXTREMELY busy and do not have time or just forget due to being so busy-and I feel that giving the option for members to upload mirrors will help the community out tremendously. I love mobilism-keep it up uploaders and moderators!
Jan 6th, 2014, 5:21 pm
Mar 26th, 2014, 3:27 pm
As a premium user for the last few years I only download from the OP unless it is a old post and no working links exist in it. That being said, not all releasers follow the posting rules so that the phone app or the direct download links work making it frustrating and pushing people to be more apt to use a posters link instead of the releasers where they have to jump through hoops. Some of those releasers who cause that issue are responding here that they don't want links and they are the ones who are causing this to happen. If all the releasers followed the posting process this probably would not be something that would be welcomed.
Mar 26th, 2014, 3:27 pm
Mar 28th, 2014, 4:31 am
@JC1, it's not ALL the releasers who are causing it; it was the TEMPLATE format vs. STANDARD format; when using template and adding on the download link, it would NOT add the colon " : " at the end of the DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS therefore resulting in the download links not showing up on the mobilism app; releasers were INDEED using the correct format, but it was the TEMPLATE format itself that was causing the error. I talked it over with MrFuFu, and this has now since been addressed and corrected.
Mar 28th, 2014, 4:31 am
Apr 7th, 2014, 7:22 pm
(GL)lowpro3210 wrote:@JC1, it's not ALL the releasers who are causing it; it was the TEMPLATE format vs. STANDARD format; when using template and adding on the download link, it would NOT add the colon " : " at the end of the Download Instructions: therefore resulting in the download links not showing up on the mobilism app; releasers were INDEED using the correct format, but it was the TEMPLATE format itself that was causing the error. I talked it over with MrFuFu, and this has now since been addressed and corrected.

Thanks and I have noticed the change recently. As I said it was just some posts, unfortunately I was lazy and didn't narrow down what was causing it. Thanks for checking it!
Apr 7th, 2014, 7:22 pm
Aug 6th, 2014, 8:21 am
Please consider adding a requirement of MD5 or SHA2 file hash in fills and quote/confirming in mirror link posting.
Aug 6th, 2014, 8:21 am