Keep yourself informed!
Apr 11th, 2013, 11:28 am
dkmc wrote:I am trying to apply the hosts file fix in my laptop but can't figure out how to remove the .txt extension after saving it in a temp folder. Is anyone able to help with that. Thanks.

Control Panel > Folder Options > View > [Uncheck] Hide Extension for Known File Types.

If you view the files before as FILENAME. Now it will show FILENAME.TXT

Just edit it and remove the .txt.
Apr 11th, 2013, 11:28 am
Apr 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm
DemonDiva wrote:
deathblade200 wrote:
pawces wrote:The android app still cannot connect. Was the original URL hard coded into the program? Premium user here.
you did change and save the host file on the android device right?

Thank you for trying to help, but my system files are all showing, and all I can find is a "HOST.EXE" (written just like that in the Windows folder).

I'll just keep everything crossed that problems are worked out and we get back to normal soon :)

User the data below to enter in this android app: "Host editor" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mhvc3RzIl0.)

93.114.44.238 forum.mobilism.org
89.32.131.24 images.mobilism.org

The Mobilism app works great after this.
Apr 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 12:33 pm
First of all let me say thanks for the trick. It works and now I can get Mobilism site with no problem at all.

Anyway it seems to me that this problem with DNS is causing troubles to a lot of users that are not aware of this. And so they are unable to get Mobilism site.

And I see that since a couple of days the uploads are really scarce, so if things will stay like this, in the future we will have less and less new titles.

Thanks anyway, Mobilism rules.

M
Apr 11th, 2013, 12:33 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:09 pm
Uploads are down because people can't get into the site via the forum.mobilism.org. as soon as that is restored, uploads should resume
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:09 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:39 pm
So glad that you're still here - all sorts of horrors went through my head.

I'm in by putting the numbers in the goto box instead of mobilism etc. but no thanks boxes showing on the individual pages. I can still download. Is it just me?
Don't fancy doing the coding thing as I don't know enough not to accidently mess up the operating thing from Windows!
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:39 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Please ignore the last post. Figured out the missing thanks boxes.
Re: people who can't find you - I Googled Mobilism down and the Facebook page was very near the top.
Re: people not uploading - think of the big rush of books when the posters do find Mobilism again!!!!!
Apr 11th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Which link to use for uploading images for a book? I can at least get in via the IP address to load the book information but the book upload doesn't work? Is it still going to be long before everything is running smoothly?
Good luck guys.
Apr 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 4:34 pm
I'm so glad - could get in via the IP! But I'm too can download but there are no thanx-boxes
showing up. Cause I'm not able to figure it out all by my little self (huuh - I'm a computer-dummy)
can please someone tell me, how to get htem back?
thanx soo much
Apr 11th, 2013, 4:34 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 5:44 pm
Gatida wrote:I'm so glad - could get in via the IP! But I'm too can download but there are no thanx-boxes
showing up.

Nothing tied to the domain name, Mobilism.org, is showing up. That includes, e.g., images, buttons, or top Releases. They have yet to be reconfigured, I'm guessing, and that takes time and effort.

But here's the thing: the buttons themselves are active. I have been thanking people as soon as an item is categorised by Moderators, just as usual. You click on the broken image where the thanks button would be, and it'll register your name, again, just like usual.

At this point, I'm guessing the problem is a far more serious one than alluded to, by the Admins. It can't be a DDoS attack, else the IP wouldn't work. But it must be big.
Apr 11th, 2013, 5:44 pm

UNABLE TO RE-UPLOAD DEAD LINKS. COMPUTER DIED. APOLOGIES.
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Promoted wrote: At this point, I'm guessing the problem is a far more serious one than alluded to, by the Admins. It can't be a DDoS attack, else the IP wouldn't work. But it must be big.

dpgroup.com is mysteriously down too - same time :o
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:11 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:24 pm
irishpancake wrote:This is the Play link for Hosts Editor [free]:

Hosts Editor Free

Play link above link is not correct... :)

only for rooted phones
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:24 pm
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:33 pm
Kaethe wrote:
irishpancake wrote:This is the Play link for Hosts Editor [free]:

Hosts Editor Free

Play link above link is not correct... :)

only for rooted phones

you can only edit the host file on a rooted device
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:33 pm

I only upload apps I have bought myself

Apr 11th, 2013, 6:42 pm
Thank you.
Apr 11th, 2013, 6:42 pm