Keep yourself informed!
Oct 11th, 2023, 2:27 pm
so i clicked a reupload on an elmer mendoza title, somehow thinking it meant i could go into the post and put in new links.
wouldn't that have been a better option ?
Oct 11th, 2023, 2:27 pm

warez is waived (except when I indicate otherwise)

if you provide an amz link, pls use amz usa (not ca, uk, jp, br etc), thanks

----> please don't contact me via pm to find you titles
Oct 11th, 2023, 2:50 pm
umop wrote:so i clicked a reupload on an elmer mendoza title, somehow thinking it meant i could go into the post and put in new links.
wouldn't that have been a better option ?

No, we don't allow adding mirrors here. User needs to maintain their topics unless they're inactive.
Oct 11th, 2023, 2:50 pm

Oct 11th, 2023, 4:43 pm
Wonderful feature! Thanks a lot for thinking of us!
Oct 11th, 2023, 4:43 pm
Oct 11th, 2023, 5:22 pm
What a great idea! Yet again I am impressed by how much work goes into this site.

Please consider putting the re-up button somewhere further away from the thanks button. This would assist many of us who have small screens and/or clumsy fingers. From the discussion above I infer that there is not an "are you sure?" popup dialog. Perhaps it could be up near the report and reply buttons, since one is likely to use all of them far less frequently than the thanks button.
Oct 11th, 2023, 5:22 pm
Oct 11th, 2023, 9:32 pm
I am like a curious cat and also hit the button to see what it would do, I actually thought it was a strangely named thank you button that has been requested for multiple posts on the same book. You know so you can thank the poster a second time when they add more books to the post...
Oct 11th, 2023, 9:32 pm
Oct 11th, 2023, 10:16 pm
Do the releasers have the choice to waive the WRZ$3? I'm just asking because you have major releasers who aren't here for the WRZ$ and already have hundreds of thousands or more while newbies and others have much less to spare.
Oct 11th, 2023, 10:16 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Oct 12th, 2023, 12:55 am
Nice feature!
Maybe suggest upping it from 3 to 10 WRZ$

And then it would be nice if it could be filled by anyone and collect the WRZ$
Just some thoughts...
Oct 12th, 2023, 12:55 am
Oct 12th, 2023, 3:00 am
So you click on the reupload link and the OP is notified,

What happens when the OP had gone inactive, often you have no idea they have until you have PMed a request and they don't answer, - under the old method,

How will that process work in the new system. Do you just use the reupload request and wait for some action? And if not, how long?

And related, what if the OP is active but just doesn't reup. How long to wait before contacting mids?

I also want to support those who are requesting ways to get wrzs. Spending wrzs for this feature probably won't be an issue of running out of wrzs short term. However long term, this could cause users to have no wrzs to make a request,
Oct 12th, 2023, 3:00 am
Oct 12th, 2023, 8:05 am
I have noticed that before implementing this feature, when I hover mouse over the "Envelop icon", it will show me the count of the messages I have received. Now its gone. If possible can you fix that.
Oct 12th, 2023, 8:05 am
Oct 12th, 2023, 3:42 pm
I can see that I have a reupload request and also that the "Edit post" button is back on the top of my posts for the fist time since I was granted an inactive status.Does that mean that now I can/have to provide new links or just that someone has clicked on the reupload button,so I've only lost WRZs(which is perfectly understandable,no complaints :D)?
Oct 12th, 2023, 3:42 pm

I'm inactive now,please post a request if the links are dead :)

Please click thank you: the WRZ$ is given to the uploader at no cost to you :)
Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Oct 12th, 2023, 4:10 pm
Anonyma'am wrote:Do the releasers have the choice to waive the WRZ$3? I'm just asking because you have major releasers who aren't here for the WRZ$ and already have hundreds of thousands or more while newbies and others have much less to spare.

There is no such option right now. WRZ$ is an important component in this because it helps keep the number of reuploads requests down and restrain users from sending reupload requests for content they're not that interested in.

Readeraholic wrote:What happens when the OP had gone inactive, often you have no idea they have until you have PMed a request and they don't answer, - under the old method,
How will that process work in the new system. Do you just use the reupload request and wait for some action? And if not, how long?
And related, what if the OP is active but just doesn't reup. How long to wait before contacting mids?
I also want to support those who are requesting ways to get wrzs. Spending wrzs for this feature probably won't be an issue of running out of wrzs short term. However long term, this could cause users to have no wrzs to make a request,

In your Reuploads panel next to each reupload request you'll see when the releaser was last online. The same rules as before apply (which differ by section), so for example if the releaser is active and doesn't reply within the eBook section's timeframe, you can contact the eBook moderators.

If we see there is a need for it we'll adjust the WRZ$ economy, so to speak, to ensure people have sufficient WRZ$ to spend on reupload requests.

jhonienglish wrote:I have noticed that before implementing this feature, when I hover mouse over the "Envelop icon", it will show me the count of the messages I have received. Now its gone. If possible can you fix that.

This feature is no longer needed- the PM interface has been modernized and you will now get a bubble with the number of unread PMs above the actual envelope.

pilesuszele wrote:I can see that I have a reupload request and also that the "Edit post" button is back on the top of my posts for the fist time since I was granted an inactive status.Does that mean that now I can/have to provide new links or just that someone has clicked on the reupload button,so I've only lost WRZs(which is perfectly understandable,no complaints :D)?

You don't lose WRZ$ when someone requests a reupload of your release. Only the user who requested the reupload loses WRZ$, and you can earn that WRZ$ if you fulfill the reupload request. The rules for reuploading/inactive status haven't changed.
Oct 12th, 2023, 4:10 pm
Oct 12th, 2023, 4:16 pm
Thank you for answering so quickly!
Oct 12th, 2023, 4:16 pm

I'm inactive now,please post a request if the links are dead :)

Please click thank you: the WRZ$ is given to the uploader at no cost to you :)
Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Oct 12th, 2023, 6:48 pm
Is it possible to have who has requested the reupload on the list?

I can not send a message to the person if there is an issue or if help is needed.
Oct 12th, 2023, 6:48 pm

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible
Oct 12th, 2023, 6:58 pm
Schillerstrasse wrote:Is it possible to have who has requested the reupload on the list?

I can not send a message to the person if there is an issue or if help is needed.

We will probably add this soon, but first thing we're still working on bugs for now.
Oct 12th, 2023, 6:58 pm
Oct 12th, 2023, 7:01 pm
sorry, I was adding when you replied

Also, it would be essential I think to know history of reupload requests. Maybe this can be added to the list of possibilities.

Thank you again!
Oct 12th, 2023, 7:01 pm

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible