Keep yourself informed!
Nov 21st, 2023, 11:27 am
Hi, I have a question. I figured that with this new function, posters will not keep their links for long, forcing us to pay for reups.

That's exactly what I found with a book a searched for today which was originally posted in August 2023.

That's a very short time. I don't believe this is fair at all.
Nov 21st, 2023, 11:27 am
Nov 21st, 2023, 1:01 pm
Wozzie29 wrote:Hi, I have a question. I figured that with this new function, posters will not keep their links for long, forcing us to pay for reups.

That's exactly what I found with a book a searched for today which was originally posted in August 2023.

That's a very short time. I don't believe this is fair at all.

If you read merry60's replies (Admin of e-book section) , reuploading in eBooks is not voluntary and does not depend on availability or desire, for active posters it is mandatory.
Also, what do you mean by saying "forcing us to pay for reups".. If you read the topic about our "WRZ$ System" https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10&hilit=wrz+system, WRZ$ is Mobilism's virtual currency system. Each user starts with 50 WRZ$ and gains WRZ$ through posting, being thanked by other members, participating in contests, fulfilling requests, and other activities on this site.
You download and use something for free! A small amount of "virtual money" (3WRZ$) as a "gift" to show your appreciation to the uploaders who offer you free stuff, is a minimum thing to do, I think.

You can cancel any request any time here: https://forum.mobilism.org/ucp.php?i=reuploads&mode=requests
At the bottom right: https://prnt.sc/kMpryL55DpW5
Nov 21st, 2023, 1:01 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Nov 22nd, 2023, 11:18 pm
thanks for all the wrz requesting to an inactive user costs you 3 wrz lol
Nov 22nd, 2023, 11:18 pm
Nov 22nd, 2023, 11:39 pm
FFDavid wrote:thanks for all the wrz requesting to an inactive user costs you 3 wrz lol

You don't actually get the WRZ$ until you fulfill the reupload request.
Nov 22nd, 2023, 11:39 pm
Nov 23rd, 2023, 6:56 am
I've got a re-up request for a magazine posted on May 16, that is, more than 6 months ago.
From rules:
Replacing links in Magazine releases older than 6 months is not mandatory.

I would gladly re-up it but I only recently deleted the original file.* What am I supposed to do now since there's no cancel/delete re-up request?

edit: * I re-upped it anyway.
Nov 23rd, 2023, 6:56 am

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
Nov 24th, 2023, 6:07 pm
Jimking wrote:
Snowie wrote:So, the reup request only goes to the original releaser? The process for reups.for inactive users is just the same? It would be nice if there was a way to streamline those requests too or to make reup requests go to a wider audience of releasers. Not every releaser will reup and some just have so many releases that they don't have the time or desire to fill reup requests.

Yes, because mainly only the original releaser has a copy of the file. Now there are some users who downloaded the same file and decide to add a mirror link in the OP. But this is something that happens occasionally. So the alternative way of using the reupload button is to leave a comment asking for a new link, but this doesn't mean that you'll have better results.
Instead of having numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages, we added this more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics.
About the inactive users the usage of the button maybe is a bit "useless" . The system doesn't recognize by its own if the uploader is inactive or not. It just sends the same request msg.

I was a requester, not a fulfiller, for a book...but now I have a distracting "1" displayed on the reload icon, right next to the mail icon. After a month or so, I presume the original releaser is not going to respond. Is there anyway I can get rid of this seemingly permanent notification? I can't find a way to delete it. Thanks!
Nov 24th, 2023, 6:07 pm
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:36 pm
Iphone8 wrote:
Jimking wrote:
Snowie wrote:So, the reup request only goes to the original releaser? The process for reups.for inactive users is just the same? It would be nice if there was a way to streamline those requests too or to make reup requests go to a wider audience of releasers. Not every releaser will reup and some just have so many releases that they don't have the time or desire to fill reup requests.

Yes, because mainly only the original releaser has a copy of the file. Now there are some users who downloaded the same file and decide to add a mirror link in the OP. But this is something that happens occasionally. So the alternative way of using the reupload button is to leave a comment asking for a new link, but this doesn't mean that you'll have better results.
Instead of having numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages, we added this more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics.
About the inactive users the usage of the button maybe is a bit "useless" . The system doesn't recognize by its own if the uploader is inactive or not. It just sends the same request msg.

I was a requester, not a fulfiller, for a book...but now I have a distracting "1" displayed on the reload icon, right next to the mail icon. After a month or so, I presume the original releaser is not going to respond. Is there anyway I can get rid of this seemingly permanent notification? I can't find a way to delete it. Thanks!

The number should only appear if someone requested a release of yours to be reuploaded. Please check here: ucp.php?i=reuploads&mode=releases
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:36 pm
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:54 pm
| The number should only appear if someone requested a release of yours to be reuploaded. Please check here: ucp.php?i=reuploads&mode=releases

The number appears, but this was not a release of mine. How do I remove the number? Thanks!
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:54 pm
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:59 pm
Iphone8 wrote:| The number should only appear if someone requested a release of yours to be reuploaded. Please check here: ucp.php?i=reuploads&mode=releases

The number appears, but this was not a release of mine. How do I remove the number? Thanks!

Please check your PMs.
Nov 24th, 2023, 7:59 pm
Dec 13th, 2023, 5:51 pm
iris318 wrote: Another question: a lot of times a poster will add to an old post of theirs with new books, but they don't refresh the old books. So you go in to get book 6, then you decide you want to click the links for 1-5 too... but some or all of those are dead. Do we still click re-upload when the newest book is active because we want the dead books? Or should uploaders be checking their older books if they're going to be posting new ones in the same thread?

merry60 wrote: Posters do not leave links dead when they add a new book, they do want their books downloaded. But it may happen that the remaining link is not a blue arrow, in which case the Rules apply and a reupload to a supported filehost can be requested.

Regarding this issue I mentioned earlier:
viewtopic.php?f=1292&t=4973551
the third book was just posted
the first book, the oldest, has 2 dead links. The blue premium and the other.
the second book, the blue premium is dead, the other is active.
the third book is brand new and fully active.

So what is done in that situation? Two books can't be downloaded by premium, but they're in a post that was just added to. Do I use the wrz request for fresh links or a PM request for supported premium links for the previous two? I want to follow rules, and since this is exactly the situation I mentioned when I brought this up in October, I wanted to point it out and get clarification, if I could, please. Thank you.
Dec 13th, 2023, 5:51 pm
Dec 14th, 2023, 2:47 pm
iris318 wrote:So what is done in that situation? Two books can't be downloaded by premium, but they're in a post that was just added to. Do I use the wrz request for fresh links or a PM request for supported premium links for the previous two? I want to follow rules, and since this is exactly the situation I mentioned when I brought this up in October, I wanted to point it out and get clarification, if I could, please. Thank you.

You must have been very quick to report, I checked and the links work.

Happy Holidays!
Dec 14th, 2023, 2:47 pm

Dec 15th, 2023, 9:35 am
merry60 wrote:
iris318 wrote:So what is done in that situation? Two books can't be downloaded by premium, but they're in a post that was just added to. Do I use the wrz request for fresh links or a PM request for supported premium links for the previous two? I want to follow rules, and since this is exactly the situation I mentioned when I brought this up in October, I wanted to point it out and get clarification, if I could, please. Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

... those are NOT the links I looked at when I got the first (the first two didn't contain centfile), so yes, she must have updated them between my asking and your checking. So that's wonderful and I'm very thankful.

However, what would I do if a poster does not update the older links? Because that has been a thing that I encounter, and more than a day or two or three after the new book is posted.
Dec 15th, 2023, 9:35 am
Dec 16th, 2023, 6:17 am
iris318 wrote:
merry60 wrote:

Happy Holidays!

... those are NOT the links I looked at when I got the first (the first two didn't contain centfile), so yes, she must have updated them between my asking and your checking. So that's wonderful and I'm very thankful.

However, what would I do if a poster does not update the older links? Because that has been a thing that I encounter, and more than a day or two or three after the new book is posted.

Hi, Iris! I'm not sure I understand your question exactly so I'll go over the whole process, just to be sure.

1) Dead links are encountered. Poster is Active. --> Hit the Reupload request button. If no response within 3 days, post in topic letting us know there's no response. If a poster has just added new books to an older post and gets a reup request, they'll know it's for the older links. Most of the time, they update all of their links when they add new content so this situation should be rarely encountered. If you do find it happening more than rarely with a specific uploader, contact an ebooks mod who is online and explain the situation.
2) Dead links are encountered. Poster is listed as inactive or has not visited the board in more than three days. --> Post in topic letting us know links are dead and poster not available. Depending on the situation, we'll either move the post to Expired so someone else can post a new release or we'll ask for mirrors.
3) New post has dead links within a few hours/days. Post in the topic and we'll get in touch with the poster to find out what the issue is.

Basically, the whole situation is just a clarification of what has always been in the rules: 1) Contact the OP (via PM - now via Reupload button) 2) If no response, post in the topic and let the mods take it from there.

I hope that clarifies everything for you - have a wonderful holiday season!
Dec 16th, 2023, 6:17 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Dec 16th, 2023, 11:46 am
@FIZBAN
Your reply to Iris318 above:
"2) Dead links are encountered. Poster is listed as inactive or has not visited the board in more than three days. --> Post in topic letting us know links are dead and poster not available. Depending on the situation, we'll either move the post to Expired so someone else can post a new release or we'll ask for mirrors."

Thanks for a very clear and comprehensive description of the process. I'm very new to interaction on any forum and am confused about one thing: You say "post in topic". Which topic? This one or the actual post?
Thanks for any help.
Regards
P.
Dec 16th, 2023, 11:46 am