Keep yourself informed!
Feb 5th, 2024, 3:14 am
Dear American Mobilism members,
Three months have passed since further aid to Ukraine has stalled in US Congress. As of 2024, no further military aid is being provided by the US to Ukraine. In light of this I'd like to summarize three key arguments for continuing to support Ukraine:

1. Ukraine is in a fight for its freedom, independence and existence. Ukraine has already liberated over half of the territory captured by Russia since the start of the war. There is no support within Ukraine for a ceasefire with Russia; doing so would condemn Ukrainians on occupied territory to rape, torture and deportation, while rewarding tyrants around the world and signaling that Western resolve is weak. We intend to keep fighting.
2. US aid overwhelmingly consists of weapons from American stocks. Almost 90% of the funds allocated for supporting Ukraine are then spent with US manufacturers for replenishing American stocks. The total of this amount is approximately 5% of America's annual defense budget. Without additional funding from Congress to replenish American stocks for weapons sent to Ukraine, there will be no more military aid to Ukraine.
3. Europe has provided more aid to Ukraine than the US. The narrative that Europe is not doing enough is false. However, Europe alone does not have sufficient weaponry, while Russia has placed a huge portion of its economy on war footing and is being supplied with weapons by China, Iran and North Korea.

On 2/13/24, the Senate finally passed H.R. 815, a bill to continue providing aid to Ukraine. The bill now has to be passed by the House of Representatives. Please take a couple minutes to reach out to your Representative and urge them to support passing it: https://www.actionforukraine.org/usa3

A close to home example of how Russia's invasion has touched even Mobilism: the wife of the programmer who made Mobilism's app was killed by an Iranian-made Shahed drone. The drone hit their apartment in Kyiv in the middle of the night, timed to maximize casualties.
Feb 5th, 2024, 3:14 am
Feb 5th, 2024, 3:29 am
Will be calling daily until this is voted on AND PASSED. I hope everyone else who sees this post does the same. Mobilism and those behind it have done so much for its corner of the internet over the last decade - the least we as users of this site can do is help them out during this time.

Let's pass this bill. Slava Ukraini!
Feb 5th, 2024, 3:29 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Feb 5th, 2024, 4:28 am
Petty political in-fighting that stalls aid, literally costing lives. It's ridiculous, Congress really needs to get its shit together and start working. I'm pretty sure my reps will vote no problem, but I'm gonna call for good measure. I hope it passes convincingly enough that Johnson can no longer weasel his way out.

UPD: sent a letter to them already, will start calling tomorrow. Feel free to use as inspiration :)
"
I am, respectfully, counting on you to vote YES to the H.R. 815. My hope is that the Senate--and you, as my representatives therein--leads by example and not only passes H.R. 815, but does it so convincingly that the House of Representatives would finally have to stop making a mockery of democratic processes and do its job, too.

For your records, my reasons for supporting it are:
- support for Ukraine is a non-negotiable duty and the only sensible course of action, if the US is to decrease the risks of direct military confrontation with China.
- it is terrifying that we as a country look so inept, paralyzed by internal squabbling and petty politicking, and downright impotent. This has to end; with China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, and literally every tyrant and warmonger out there watching, we cannot afford to look so vulnerable.
- I want Ukraine to destroy as much as possible of Russia’s military forces and equipment, because if they don't do it today, then in a year, two years, or five--it will be up to us and our soldiers to do it instead. As an Ashkenazi from Eastern Europe, whose family has survived literally decades of Russian tyranny, I have no doubt that it would come to that, unless they are stopped now. Not to mention, that if Russia came out of its warmongering defeated, it would discourage China from escalating, too. It is cheaper and more effective for the US to just send aid, and yet we have been failing even at that. It is ludicrous, reckless, and dangerous.
- My husband and I are working on expanding our family. I don't want my kids to be born into a world shaped by the likes of China, Russia, and Iran--and especially not because we stood idly by and watched them have their way.

Please ensure that the chaos stops and that H.R. 815 is passed. As a constituent, I could never vote for someone who doesn't take an active, unequivocal stance on this issue. I appreciate your work and count on you to represent my views on the matter at this critical junction in our history.

Respectfully,
XXX "
Feb 5th, 2024, 4:28 am
Feb 5th, 2024, 2:40 pm
Done - and if you are a fellow American, please take a moment to remind the spineless dimwits we put in office that their ability to remain office resides with the voters. It is appalling that support of the Ukraine at this moment in time has become a leverage issue - and it is critical to let our politicians hear from us.
Feb 5th, 2024, 2:40 pm

Looking to keep current with Mobi Contests?
Tune in, turn on, on Discord!
https://discord.gg/As9DZkGXUM
Feb 5th, 2024, 4:44 pm
We stand with Ukraine
Feb 5th, 2024, 4:44 pm
Feb 5th, 2024, 10:04 pm
I am totally for it. The problem at the moment is a handful of Congressmen and the probable GOP nominee, who is a Putin fan, and the leverage a narrow majority the GOP holds in the U.S. House of Representatives which gives them effective veto power over congressional bills.
Feb 5th, 2024, 10:04 pm
Feb 6th, 2024, 12:20 am
Terrapin wrote:I am totally for it. The problem at the moment is a handful of Congressmen and the probable GOP nominee, who is a Putin fan, and the leverage a narrow majority the GOP holds in the U.S. House of Representatives which gives them effective veto power over congressional bills.

Way to make it political....
Feb 6th, 2024, 12:20 am
Feb 6th, 2024, 12:50 am
assitch wrote:
Terrapin wrote:I am totally for it. The problem at the moment is a handful of Congressmen and the probable GOP nominee, who is a Putin fan, and the leverage a narrow majority the GOP holds in the U.S. House of Representatives which gives them effective veto power over congressional bills.

Way to make it political....

Politics is pretty political.
We are literally talking about the government.
Feb 6th, 2024, 12:50 am
Feb 6th, 2024, 1:44 am
We can't give what we don't have. We are 35 trillion dollars in debt.
Feb 6th, 2024, 1:44 am
Feb 6th, 2024, 3:42 am
More than 90% of all dollars spent aiding Ukraine are spent in the United States on US jobs in the defense industry. That money has been spent building new arms, so that our older weapons can be sent to Ukraine. So basically the question is this...

Do we simply expire our old weapons writing them off and basically flushing them down the toilet or do we upgrade our military and send our older stuff to Ukraine to defend democracy in Europe?

What too damned many don't seem to understand is that if Ukraine loses, Putin will do with them what he did to Chechnya. He destroyed much of Chechnya, installed a corrupt puppet dictator, and now uses their population to wage war in Ukraine. If he takes Ukraine, it will be Ukrainians that will be forcibly conscripted to fight NATO. This runs the risk of starting World War 3. This is something that really cannot be allowed to happen, if we have any goddamn brains left. Ronald Reagan understood things like this. Unfortunately our current crop of "leaders" don't seem to give a shit about anything other than their own power.

You can't back down from a bully. If you act like a wimp, the bully will take and take and take. Like Hitler, the only thing Putin understands is power.

So, in short, I'll be making some phone calls. I'm not sure what good it will do. But I'm definitely not stupid enough to think that actions (or lack of actions) don't have consequences.
Feb 6th, 2024, 3:42 am
Mar 2nd, 2024, 11:10 pm
I make calls to my state politicians (about Ukraine, as well as other issues) because my conscience doesn't sit right with me if I don't. But I'm doubtful of how positive a result it will have, unfortunately. I'm in Texas myself, and the right-wing governor here said that the Biden administration was what was stopping him from allowing open murder of people crossing the border, these ghouls are done faking empathy.

Sorry, I wish I wasn't so bitter. Keeping up with Ukraine and now Gaza has been so much, and to see people and politicians that just don't care and want their echo chambers validated above all else in the world has been weighing on me a lot. The short answer is yes, I'll still make calls and leave messages for whatever intern finds them. I hope and pray something causes the Dam to break. Glory to Ukraine, glory to the heroes :)
Mar 2nd, 2024, 11:10 pm
Mar 3rd, 2024, 1:19 pm
the republicans who support a conman like trump made us understand USA democracy is not guaranteed and for sure its far for being the best in the world. I still have hope but little. The free world, Europe and all the countries that are democracies have to start to rely on themselves. Europe has to be united, to grow a army strong and stop buying military stuff from usa.
Its Europe who has to defend Ukraine. Brexit was also one of the many reasons this lunatic assassin putin decided to invade Ukraine.
Mar 3rd, 2024, 1:19 pm
Mar 5th, 2024, 12:10 pm
I really feel bad for Ukrainians. You have a leader that is fighing for you guys and when the war first started everyone was for Ukraine. Now US politics is again a circus act where more ink has been wasted on bashing a former presidents every moves, a current president who thinks being president is going home to Deleware 3 days a week and ICE CREAM!

More people are invested in Gaza and Israel both terrorist regimes that the people of each country want nothing to do with.
And Putin willing to just keep putting young Russians into the meat grinder knowing he has 6x the meat than Ukraine.
Byt the US politics is so baffling and hard to explain except if you imagine am elementary school where every kid is a Narcissistic attention where.

Biden should be forced to eat vanilla ice cream dipped in the blood of dead Ukrainians and Palestinians every night.

I don't even think I can vote but I will be rooting for you and look into what I can do
Mar 5th, 2024, 12:10 pm
Apr 3rd, 2024, 4:23 am
I am ashamed that our Congress is presently incapable of doing anything due to the idiotic and unforgiveable actions of a few Representatives. A very few of them seem to be traitors. But the majority, I believe are working to get by them. But it is very difficult for them because ex-President Trump has let them all know that NOTHING should be accomplished until he comes back in power. It is a sad time for both our countries actually. I think, in the long run, the right things will be accomplished. Until then I will continue monthly support of various Ukrainian relief agencies and urge other Americans to do the same. Long Live The Heroes!
Apr 3rd, 2024, 4:23 am
Apr 14th, 2024, 5:21 pm
I mean its pretty standard during an election year no major legislation gets passed, because either side doesnt want the other to get a "win" that they can use for the election. D's wont give any concessions to the R's to pass it, more aid is starting to be unpopular in recent polling on the R side. It's the problem with the two party system, and frankly looking at current news with iran/isreal, and trying to move ukraine aid through doesnt seem to be very likely, they are sabotaging it on purpose so it fails even if its brought up, or trying to package israel/ukraine aid together because there are dem progressives against israel aid so it will fail that way.
Apr 14th, 2024, 5:21 pm