Keep yourself informed!
Nov 24th, 2014, 1:21 pm
Disk4mat wrote:Godwod: the problem is on your end, everything is working fine here. There's nothing we can except offer ideas: have you tried switching browsers? Do you have any security products or settings that could prevent cookies from Mobilism from being saved?

As previously mentioned, the login problem occurs whether I use Chrome or Firefox (Windows).

I usually view this forum on Chrome and I had no problem until about a week ago.
I had not changed any of my browser settings and have not installed any new security product or addon.
When the problem became acute yesterday (almost every click on a post or board logs me out), I tried using Firefox, but came across the same problem.

Clearly there have been changes at your end.
For instance: although I am using the Classic skin, I've had to reset the date/time setting from the new default setting. I know this "new" default is not one I chose originally, so clearly changes at your end are affecting users of the Classic skin.

Other users have reported and are still reporting the same login/logout problem.

For me, the solution right now is to use the forum without the option to thank posters.
Despite having to wade through unwanted boards and posts, having to log in repeatedly (5 or 6 times), with each new tab I open, is such a hassle that I just cannot be bothered with it.
Nov 24th, 2014, 1:21 pm

~ Check all links before using the "Reupload" button ~
Nov 24th, 2014, 10:29 pm
QUESTION

Has the forum stopped warning us when we're about to post something and there's a new (unread) post above ours? I've checked all of my settings and can't find that feature anywhere. :(
Nov 24th, 2014, 10:29 pm

Hurricane At The Sea (1850) - Ivan Aivazovsky
LUCAS
Nov 24th, 2014, 11:16 pm
Godwod: there are changes constantly but none of them were related to login or cookies. Users have been reporting this problem since 2008 but in each case it's been something on the user's computer rather than our end.
Nov 24th, 2014, 11:16 pm
Dec 2nd, 2014, 1:54 am
I like the old one but the new one is cool too. takes a it getting used to.
Dec 2nd, 2014, 1:54 am
Dec 15th, 2014, 4:12 pm
New Glitch that is happening in the iPad today.

Using classic version and clicking on some hyperlinks, opens a new tab in the Mobi 2.0 version of that same page but I'm not logged on!!!

This first became apparent when someone posted a hyperlink in the The Last Will Be The First, and when I clicked on it, I got kicked off line and into Mobi2:0.

Also going to eBooks > eBook releases >Categories > fiction...... (Or anything else) Opens that page in Mobi 2:0 non- logged on status.
Same if I click on Top Releases.
Other hyperlinks do not seem to have this problem.
Dec 15th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Dec 21st, 2014, 8:58 am
canmus wrote:New Glitch that is happening in the iPad today.

Using classic version and clicking on some hyperlinks, opens a new tab in the Mobi 2.0 version of that same page but I'm not logged on!!!

This first became apparent when someone posted a hyperlink in the The Last Will Be The First, and when I clicked on it, I got kicked off line and into Mobi2:0.

Also going to eBooks > eBook releases >Categories > fiction...... (Or anything else) Opens that page in Mobi 2:0 non- logged on status.
Same if I click on Top Releases.
Other hyperlinks do not seem to have this problem.

Likely means one of the links comes from a different subdomain than the one you were using before. So for example: forum.mobilism.org vs mobilism.org or www.mobilism.org.
Dec 21st, 2014, 8:58 am
Dec 25th, 2014, 9:37 am
Searches not showing up all result or will come up empty.

For example, a search for an author whose books I have previously seen here will come up empty. Or will only show the most recently uploaded book by that author.

merry60 wrote:Please check the eBook Help Desk, thanks.
Dec 25th, 2014, 9:37 am

Send me a PM and I'll reupload my links.
Thank you!
Jan 6th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Sorry but I prefer the older version. Thanks for running this site though, I love it!!
Jan 6th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Jan 13th, 2015, 8:10 pm
I love the new site, very clean and minimalistic, but for some reason I only get to see the new design if logged out. As soon as I log in it reverts to old style.
Using Safari on MacBook Pro.
Jan 13th, 2015, 8:10 pm
Jan 16th, 2015, 1:50 am
leiito wrote:I love the new site, very clean and minimalistic, but for some reason I only get to see the new design if logged out. As soon as I log in it reverts to old style.
Using Safari on MacBook Pro.

You can use the new skin by logging in, going to "user control panel">board preferences -- scroll down and you will see 'classic'. Select it to choose another option, mobilism 2.0.
Jan 16th, 2015, 1:50 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jan 16th, 2015, 4:07 pm
Godwod wrote:Is there a way to avoid being constantly logged out of the forum?

Although I have read other users mentioning the problem, this only started happening to me a week or so ago...

I use the Classic skin, if that helps... :)

I had this situation for over a year and it prevented me from thanking uploaders. I would login successfully, the page would refresh and I would be back at the login page; a constant loop. Dont ask me why but the situation resolved itself without any special effort on my part. I can only think that some Windows update may have fixed the situation....
Jan 16th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Jan 19th, 2015, 3:59 am
for a few weeks i had the same issue with the site and internet explorer and only this site

Firefox works fine and now it has resolved itself without doing anything myself.

am i the only one or are there other who have had the same issue resolve itself?
Jan 19th, 2015, 3:59 am
Jan 26th, 2015, 5:35 pm
The Issue described previously has come back. one week of good working.
same as same with ie i am logged but i seem not logged.
i have not updated anything and i repeat the issue is only with mobilism.org and ie 11

with firefox no issue unless we count the annoying asking for update of adobe flash and i must back up to the previous page n times before i have the page i have asked for and i keep it.
Jan 26th, 2015, 5:35 pm
Feb 19th, 2015, 7:06 pm
last news:

I didn't know what you did but today at this time the login to mobilism with ie is working as it should.

i hope it will be for a long time.
Feb 19th, 2015, 7:06 pm