Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Feb 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm
Hi.
I have iphone4 and I use version 6.1 and I just jailbreaked it using evasi0n 1.2

I try to install an app from web but I get a message that the phone is not jailbreaked.

I used to have installous but now I dont have it. with installous I could easly install apps... what to do??
Feb 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm
Feb 12th, 2013, 11:42 am
You need to install "Appsync"

Step 1: Open Cydia.

Step 2: Tap on Manage from the bottom menu.

Step 3: Tap on Sources.

Step 4: Tap ‘Edit’ on top and then tap on ‘Add’.

Step 5: Type this URL into the field: h**p://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com (replace * with t)

Step 6: After Cydia adds the repo, tap on the repo and download AppSync

Edited by eXpat to remove live link
Feb 12th, 2013, 11:42 am

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 Gingerbread version 2.3.3 stock rom
iPhone 4 IOS 6.1
Feb 14th, 2013, 4:14 am
Building off of eXpat's post, SinfulIphoneRepo also has a custom app called AppCake that's basically like Installous. Install that after installing AppSync and you'll be set. Oddly enough, last I checked, there's a copy of Installous on their repo as well, but that may be a legacy version and doesn't work any more. I haven't actually tested it, but I'd assume it doesn't work and it's just there for posterity.
Feb 14th, 2013, 4:14 am
Feb 14th, 2013, 3:59 pm
mikehoteltango wrote: Oddly enough, last I checked, there's a copy of Installous on their repo as well, but that may be a legacy version and doesn't work any more. I haven't actually tested it, but I'd assume it doesn't work and it's just there for posterity.

It's a modified version of Installous to allow you to still use the app to install ipa's. It circumvented the need to put your device into airplane mode to prevent it from closing when they took apptrackr down. Oddly I find it still works better than vshare, ipastore, appcake etc. to install and sync so I tend to download then use iFile to move to the Installous directory and proceed from there.
Feb 14th, 2013, 3:59 pm
Jun 7th, 2013, 11:11 pm
yea get the iphonecake source and download appcake its pretty much as easy as Installous and adds appsync for you as well
Jun 7th, 2013, 11:11 pm