Discuss Windows hardware as well as accessories such as keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc.
Nov 5th, 2010, 3:25 pm
Rather than be designed to run on a wide range of screen resolutions, form factors, and platforms, WP7 is designed to focus on a "class" of devices. Each class is defined by a set of hardware specs for a chassis.

There is a baseline set of Hardware components required, on top of which the chassis specs are applied. The base set of HW components are:
-ARMv7 based applications processor (compared this to ARMv4 for WinMo 6.x)
-Hardware accelerated DirectX and Direct3D (compositing is a big feature in WP7 and without HW accel won't run at an acceptable framerate)
-Capacative multi-touch screen
-Camera
-Bluetooth + Wi-Fi
-FM Radio
-A-GPS
-Accelerometer, compass, light, proximity sensor

Microsoft provides a set of built-in drivers for these components (1 driver for each component), to simplify the development process for the OEM. The OEM is not required to use these exact components but doing so means they don't have to spend time developing drivers for them (MSFT provides source and PDD bits) - so these are likely to be the components we find in first-generation WP7 devices. There is currently one main development platform and that is the QSD8x50 (snapdragon).

These components are in what's termed the "Silicon Catalog", and they are:
-Accelerometer - Bosch - BMA 150
-Compass - Yamaha - YAS529
-Ambient Light Sensor - Capella - CM3612
-Proximity Sensor - Capella - CM3612
-Wi-Fi - Atheros - 6002
-FM Radio - SiLabs - 4705
-Digital Camera - Aptina - MT9P012 (5MP)
-Capacative Touch Controller - Cypress Semiconductor - 301x series

The first chassis to be targeted for initial release is the "Performance Chassis" - adding on top of these base requirements a WVGA screen.

Other chassis will follow after the initial release - I would expect there to be a higher class/chassis added later. Currently we run 192 DPI for WVGA and the current WP7 build has support for 262 DPI (incomplete as of this writing) so we can more than likely expect to see larger "tablet" styled devices later.

Credit again to Da_GNARF

-Reeedim
Nov 5th, 2010, 3:25 pm

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:05 pm
In Xda-Developers we trust... :D
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:05 pm

MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:12 pm
Yep michialdu, Xda-devs have a wp7 section for months, and i thought this info is useful to developers, so i posted here. And wrote there: Credit again to Da_GNARF. ;) So i think what i've done is correct :D

-Reeedim
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:12 pm

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:44 pm
I hope they'll be able to release WM7 for my Diamond2... :)
I'm pretty sure it'll be released for MDAIII (HTC Blue Angel), I'll need to find it in my drawer if so... :D
Nov 5th, 2010, 4:44 pm

MOBILISM.ORG
Nov 5th, 2010, 5:55 pm
First of all, it's WP7 Not WM7. WinPho 'n WinMo. See the difference? :)

I don't think so it'll be released for the diamond 2... It has only a 528 mHz CPU. The other specs are looking promising. (5 mpixel, WVGA) Does it has a resistive or capacitive touch screen (i think it's resistive, correct me if i'm wrong). Well, if they'd release it, it would be extremely sloooooow. Have you seen it running on a HD2? It's pretty slow too, but it has an 1gHz CPU.

The Harrier with WP7. Man are you serious? :D I don't think a 6 year old PDA can handle WP7 ;)

-Reeedim
Nov 5th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Nov 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Well, I guess they'll at least try. Do some magic with drivers, make the system more lightweight and stuff...

And actually I wouldn't be too surprised if they would release one for that old device... WM 6.5.x runs pretty well on it... ;)
Nov 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm

MOBILISM.ORG
Nov 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
wranzzon wrote:only time will tell

Exactly.

-Reeedim
Nov 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Nov 10th, 2010, 9:02 pm
Wp7 Will NOT be compatible with ANY old phone!!!

the ONLY phone that has the req for Wp7 is the HTC HD2 and Microsoft said that they will NOT launch a offical OS update for it
BUT!! XDA said that they have some one that got it to work ont he HD2

hd2 Wp7 problem = gona be SLOW , and most apps wont be compatible

Microsft req for ALL Wp7 ( meaning they will all have same hardware specs):

- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon core
- Multytouch
- quadband EDGE and triband HSPA (850 / 1900 / 2100MHz)
- 512MB ram
- 5MP camera (720p i think 24FPS)
does are the MAIn req ( aside from GPS and other things )

after erading ont his phone on over 20 websites they ALL seem to ahve the SAME spec , only thing that changed whats the STATING apps and the LG Optimus having the FULL QWERTY keybored and the Samsung focus/omnia 7 Having the S-AMOLED
Nov 10th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Phone Line up : HTC touch , HTC Duel , HTC Diamond , SAmsung OMNIA , PALM PRE , Omnia II, Samsung FOCUS
WINDOWS PHONE 7 , ALL THE WAY!!
If my Links die, PM to have them re-uploaded :)
Nov 16th, 2012, 8:18 am
I don`t think WP7 will be compatible with any old phone.I guess HTC has the requirement for WP7. I do feel that only time will tell if it has got any sort of compatibility with other phones or not but seeing the requirement , it will be quite tough.
Nov 16th, 2012, 8:18 am
Aug 19th, 2013, 2:41 pm
"Rather than be designed to run on a wide range of screen resolutions, form factors, and platforms, WP7 is designed to focus on a "class" of devices. Each class is defined by a set of hardware specs for a chassis.

There is a baseline set of Hardware components required, on top of which the chassis specs are applied. The base set of HW components are:
-ARMv7 based applications processor (compared this to ARMv4 for WinMo 6.x)
-Hardware accelerated DirectX and Direct3D (compositing is a big feature in WP7 and without HW accel won't run at an acceptable framerate)
-Capacative multi-touch screen
-Camera
-Bluetooth + Wi-Fi
-FM Radio
-A-GPS
-Accelerometer, compass, light, proximity sensor"

I think it should be designed to have a flexible features. It has a positive feedback of the user but it should also be more fit to many applications.
Aug 19th, 2013, 2:41 pm

social media strategy
Jul 10th, 2019, 12:18 pm
angilina001 wrote:Recently I bought windows phone 7 but when I tried to connect it with wifi it shows an error Epson scanner communication error, so I want a proper solution on how to solve this error.

Try this method.
Jul 10th, 2019, 12:18 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS & AUTHORS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.