Discuss Windows apps here.
May 4th, 2011, 5:24 pm
Well you don't install Zip files. If a file is in *.zip format that means the file is compressed. You will need a program like WinZip to extract a file if it is zipped.

A XAP file on the other hand is the the WP7 application or game that you would want to install. After you download it from whatever source you will need an application to 'deploy' the xap.

The term 'deploy' basically means to 'install'. See the link in my signature (Windows Phone 7 Marketplace for PC )? Install that program and then you will be able to deploy xaps to your phone. But your phone will need to be developer unlocked to do so. After you install Windows Phone 7 Marketplace for PC ...just double click on the XAP and it will deploy.
May 4th, 2011, 5:24 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
May 5th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an XAP file is just a ZIP file in reality. Rename an .XAP file to .ZIP and examine the files inside it to see what an XAP actually contains.

If you have a ZIP file there are two possibilities:

1. The ZIP file contains an XAP file, in which case just extract the file from the ZIP and deploy the XAP file
2. The ZIP file contains files such as AppManifest.xaml, xml files, dll files, Content folder, etc. In which case just rename the ZIP to XAP and deploy the renamed XAP.
May 5th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Jan 23rd, 2014, 6:59 pm
He is trying to ask,
as some .Xap file can not deploy on Deployment Tool 2.0
All xap are from the marketplace is in actually zip format, so deployment tool read as zip, means cant deploy such .Xap files. (from store)
Jan 23rd, 2014, 6:59 pm
Mar 24th, 2018, 1:57 am
If we talk about the Zip format
That is a very convenient 7-zip program (the program is free)

Or WinRar (the license costs money)
Mar 24th, 2018, 1:57 am
Jul 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Thanks for the guidance buddy its really knowledgeable.
Jul 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm