A place for Mobilism members to meet other Mobilism members!
Apr 29th, 2018, 8:29 am
Hello everyone!
First time posting in mobilism so bear with me if I make any errors :D
I am looking for a particular title of a Fantasy series I started a few years ago and never finished.
If I remember right, it is set in a kind of medieval- like world, very dark, very gritty with lots of battles and mayhem
The Protagonist is an albino (not Moorcook's Elric ) who by reason of his hair and eye color is chosen to lead a city nation. In fact, there are several States representing each a God, who then chooses an albino as avatar and de facto king/queen of the State.
The states are always in conflict with each other as are theirs Gods.
So, with those very detailed information :lol: , could you guess and find wich serie I am looking for?
Thank you
Apr 29th, 2018, 8:29 am
Jan 18th, 2019, 10:54 pm
Was it The Dark is Rising series, by Susan Cooper? I believe the character Pendragon/Bran Davies is albino, but with out of the ordinary non-red eyes (I think they're called "tawny" lol).
Jan 18th, 2019, 10:54 pm
Jan 20th, 2019, 5:41 am
Thanks for your answer! No it is not the Dark is rising series, i remember that one.
Actually I finally found the books a couple of months ago.
Thanks
Jan 20th, 2019, 5:41 am
Jan 23rd, 2019, 10:51 pm
Probably Tom Lloyd, the Twilight Reign five book series. Starts out as a kind of coming of age story and turns into a more and more gory and depressing grimdark story. If you like grimdark without a happy end, this might be for you.
Jan 23rd, 2019, 10:51 pm
Jan 24th, 2019, 9:40 am
Exactly!! I finally dnfed it around book 3. I like Grimdark books but not that dark and depressing :lol:
Jan 24th, 2019, 9:40 am
Jan 24th, 2019, 8:56 pm
I quit that series late in book two for the same reason. I did peek at how it ends though. And discovered that this was the right decision.

This was just dragged on and on to heap more and more misery on the protagonist to get him utterly destroyed in the finale. Not my piece of cake!
Jan 24th, 2019, 8:56 pm
Jan 27th, 2019, 5:43 am
You are getting me curious now lol. I think I'll go peek at the end just to confirm my decision like you did :lol:
Jan 27th, 2019, 5:43 am
Jan 29th, 2019, 8:03 pm
Tell me what you think about it!
Jan 29th, 2019, 8:03 pm
Dec 30th, 2022, 11:21 am
Calanthe wrote:Hello everyone!
First time posting in mobilism so bear with me if I make any errors :D
I am looking for a particular title of a Fantasy series I started a few years ago and never finished.
If I remember right, it is set in a kind of medieval- like world, very dark, very gritty with lots of battles and mayhem
The Protagonist is an albino (not Moorcook's Elric ) who by reason of his hair and eye color is chosen to lead a city nation. In fact, there are several States representing each a God, who then chooses an albino as avatar and de facto king/queen of the State.
The states are always in conflict with each other as are theirs Gods.
So, with those very detailed information :lol: , could you guess and find wich serie I am looking for?
Thank you

Hi...try the witcher
Dec 30th, 2022, 11:21 am