If it does not belong anywhere else and is about iPhones, post it here.
Jul 21st, 2012, 6:00 am
Looking to download the files to your pc then install them to your iDevice? Don't want to let iTunes do it for you? Or do you simply want to update your firmware an unorthodox way?

GetiOS.com is the site for you. Simply visit the link, and select you iDevice configuration. Hit "Download" and a download box will appear asking you if you want to save the .ipsw file.
Has the files for iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Apple TV, and just about every version of firmware.
Jul 21st, 2012, 6:00 am

!~! Retired !~!
MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT. ◄
Jul 21st, 2012, 6:08 am
How to update your iDevice's firmware
Note* iTunes does check with apple to see if the firmware is valid. I can confirm that the site above will give you valid .ipsw files.

When wanting to update the firmware follow these steps:
  • Connect your iDevice device to your computer and make sure that iTunes is running ;)
  • Select the device in iTunes
  • On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update." Or on a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”
  • Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
  • Let the iOS device update like normal

If you have questions do post here or send me a pm.
Jul 21st, 2012, 6:08 am

!~! Retired !~!
MOBILISM.ORG
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT. ◄
Oct 18th, 2012, 2:30 am
I just keep getting an error message when I try to restore my iPod touch 4g
Oct 18th, 2012, 2:30 am
Nov 21st, 2013, 1:24 pm
So as per you there is a proven way to downgrade your iOS version. Checked downloading iOS 6.1.2 for my iPhone5 and it started. If the .ipsw file will work as you said then it will be great for those you wish to downgrade their firmware version.

-----------------------------
Work on my ship for 100 years or Die..!!
Nov 21st, 2013, 1:24 pm
Nov 26th, 2015, 5:04 pm
I think you could find it on some developers site, search it on Google, you will find it there.
Nov 26th, 2015, 5:04 pm
Apr 16th, 2018, 10:25 am
Thank you for sharing it's great
Apr 16th, 2018, 10:25 am