May 3rd, 2018, 8:37 pm
RosePirate wrote:Hi, I hope this is the right place. I used to be able to direct download from cdn and now no direct download links show. It's just this one site. Can anyone help, please? I'd be very grateful. Or am I out of luck?
We just received confirmation from Filescdn that the problem has been solved. If you still experience problems please PM me.

May 3rd, 2018, 8:37 pm
May 7th, 2018, 6:08 pm
Once in awhile, I download an .epub and a notice comes up that it is an octet-stream file. I save it. I cannot figure out what to do to get these files into Calibre in epub format. I've Googled this topic in many variations and come up with nothing.

Do you know what I should do to be able to read these books? Help would be much appreciated. I run Windows 10, btw, in case that makes a difference.

Thank you!

merry60 wrote:Please pm me with the download link where this happens, sometimes it is as simple as a file missing the extension. Probably the same case as this: viewtopic.php?p=5464399#5464399

*Edited to confirm that it was indeed a corrupted download caused by a parenthesis in the filename.
May 7th, 2018, 6:08 pm
May 9th, 2018, 3:15 pm
sorry i've looked everywhere but can't find an answer. Is there some standard as to how much wrz$ should be offered in exchange for an eBook? how much for an audiobook?
thanks

Fizban wrote:All that the rules require for requesting a book is a 10 WRZ reward. You are certainly welcome to offer more, especially if a book is highly desired, but you only have to offer 10 per book, regardless of the type of book being requested.
May 9th, 2018, 3:15 pm
May 9th, 2018, 7:05 pm
i always using search feature
but recently when i seaching for MM book
i got FF book too...
it seems that poster
adding to their genre book like this format
Fiction > Romance (FF/MM)
i don't know if this violate the genre rule
but it's kinda confusing beacuse i think they are 2 different genre...
can you do something about it??
thanks
May 9th, 2018, 7:05 pm
May 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm
espeon88 wrote:i always using search feature
but recently when i seaching for MM book
i got FF book too...
it seems that poster
adding to their genre book like this format
Fiction > Romance (FF/MM)
i don't know if this violate the genre rule
but it's kinda confusing beacuse i think they are 2 different genre...
can you do something about it??
thanks

I noticed the same thing but Im searching by ff and keep coming up with mm now and its driving me nuts, wtf?

Fizban wrote:This is the result of the new version of the template that we introduced to try and cut down on the number of genre errors. The decision was made to put in a Fiction > Romance (FF/MM) genre to separate out the LGBT books from the others but adding in all of the variations would allow for too many options and possibly cause more confusion. There is, however, nothing to stop the posters from going in and manually editing their posts after submitting to clarify the genres or using the Standard format to create their posts instead of the Template with the dropdowns.
May 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm
May 10th, 2018, 2:51 am
So basically gotta wade through thread after thread because keeping two tags separate wast too complicated... got it. Sigh that is annoying as all heck but meh its a free site I guess but why not leave it as it was?

merry60 wrote:Please read again what Fizban wrote: "This is the result of the new version of the template that we introduced to try and cut down on the number of genre errors.". We all have our priorities, sorry to hear that this one annoyed you.
May 10th, 2018, 2:51 am
May 12th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Hi hope its ok to post an advice request here....

I'm having problems downloading from filescdn.com. Don't know why but they all come back as "http404 Not Found"
There is no Direct Link showing just the Green link

So, for example
(Closed Filehost) http://filescdn.com/0r0wuif7lbm9
goes to
https://wwwdl4.filescdn.net/d/wylrzgx3t ... 0Lewis.azw
and comes back as HTTP404 Not Found

I've tried removing the "s" from "https://"
and I've also removed various bits of the address
https://wwwdl4.filescdn.net/d/wylrzgx3t ... 0Lewis.azw

All to no avail. Could anybody advise me on how to access filescdn links, please?

RESULT
Aah Got it instead of using internet explorer I used firefox & went through AnonymoX & was able to download the book
I'll leave this up incase it helps somebody else
May 12th, 2018, 2:57 pm
May 12th, 2018, 3:59 pm
stuartreed . . . and it could also have been a temporary problem with filescdn, and nothing to do with you. Over the past few days, I've had trouble, on and off, uploading files to filescdn.
May 12th, 2018, 3:59 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
May 13th, 2018, 9:55 am
hello I use eset NOD32 antivirus and I may have blocked Filescdn.com or an element on that page once, but I see the blocked sites list now and it says nothing is blocked , I tried adding it to the allowed websites list but it is still blocked .

it is the most site we use here for upload and download , ebooks especially, [easiest to use as well] and so I have no idea how to fix this. I usually turn off the 'web protection feature' a bit so I could download from it and it gets annoying having to do that every time I download something.

idk where else to ask this.

merry60 wrote:We have reported this problem to Filescdn, we'll post here as soon as they get back to us.
May 13th, 2018, 9:55 am
May 14th, 2018, 11:19 am
nameless1 wrote:So basically gotta wade through thread after thread because keeping two tags separate wast too complicated... got it. Sigh that is annoying as all heck but meh its a free site I guess but why not leave it as it was?

merry60 wrote:Please read again what Fizban wrote: "This is the result of the new version of the template that we introduced to try and cut down on the number of genre errors.". We all have our priorities, sorry to hear that this one annoyed you.

I did read it, its just counter intuitive searching for one thing and getting results for the exact opposite of what you are searching for... but alas its not for me to say how searches should work.
May 14th, 2018, 11:19 am
May 14th, 2018, 12:03 pm
nameless1 wrote:
nameless1 wrote:So basically gotta wade through thread after thread because keeping two tags separate wast too complicated... got it. Sigh that is annoying as all heck but meh its a free site I guess but why not leave it as it was?

I did read it, its just counter intuitive searching for one thing and getting results for the exact opposite of what you are searching for... but alas its not for me to say how searches should work.

Personally, I thank the posters for spending their time & effort and giving us these books. If I have to spend a couple of extra minutes, who really cares. The posters spend much more of their own time (& possibly $$$) for us. Please just thank them, not criticize them.

Thanks
May 14th, 2018, 12:03 pm

May 15th, 2018, 12:06 am
Have you tried clicking the search button at the very top of the page? I rarely use it, but I tried entering "FF" for the search term, and limiting the search to ebooks (all subdirectories) and got 5 pages of results as long as "FF" was in the topic title. "MM" gave me 7 pages with very few FFs. Typing the following into the search box:

MM -FF

and limiting it to Romance gave me 4 pages with no FF at all. You can also search the body of the post using a toggle box.

Is this not enough?
May 15th, 2018, 12:06 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
May 24th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Hello, I'm new here, so, please, excuse the possibly daft question, but is it all right to post separate novels if currently they are only available on here in omnibus?
May 24th, 2018, 8:23 pm

May 25th, 2018, 12:29 am
foxrampant wrote:Hello, I'm new here, so, please, excuse the possibly daft question, but is it all right to post separate novels if currently they are only available on here in omnibus?

Yes perfectly fine as long as they are not already posted you may post separately

please remember all standalone books by the same author go into the one post :)
and all series books by same author go into another post
( sometimes various authors can go into the series post ...but only if a "true" series)
May 25th, 2018, 12:29 am
May 25th, 2018, 12:54 am
Weelee wrote:
foxrampant wrote:Hello, I'm new here, so, please, excuse the possibly daft question, but is it all right to post separate novels if currently they are only available on here in omnibus?

Yes perfectly fine as long as they are not already posted you may post separately

please remember all standalone books by the same author go into the one post :)
and all series books by same author go into another post
( sometimes various authors can go into the series post ...but only if a "true" series)

Great, thank you very much for clarifying things for me!
May 25th, 2018, 12:54 am