Jan 8th, 2021, 5:48 am
Hulkfile seems to be down again, has been for the last several days, tried various browsers and computers. Any suggestions or are we allowed to request re-up if Hulkfile's the only link that's not 100% dead but can't be accessed?
Jan 8th, 2021, 5:48 am
Jan 8th, 2021, 9:29 am
iris318 wrote:Hulkfile seems to be down again, has been for the last several days, tried various browsers and computers. Any suggestions or are we allowed to request re-up if Hulkfile's the only link that's not 100% dead but can't be accessed?

Yes, it is down and yes, you can request. More info here: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=8226819#8226819
Jan 8th, 2021, 9:29 am
Jan 15th, 2021, 10:25 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to search the date, for instance January 1, 2020?
I want to browse books posted on that specific date. Or that month.
Thank yo very much for your help and great site.

FlatFoot.
Jan 15th, 2021, 10:25 pm
Jan 15th, 2021, 11:05 pm
FlatFootNel wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to search the date, for instance January 1, 2020?
I want to browse books posted on that specific date. Or that month.
Thank yo very much for your help and great site.

FlatFoot.

Unfortunately, our search cannot be that specific, very few can. The most you can do is limit your results to a certain time period: https://images.mobilism.org/?dm=GTO4YKSJ
Jan 15th, 2021, 11:05 pm
Jan 21st, 2021, 5:13 am
Hi all,
I've been here a few years, and finally bought a membership, but I am STILL having search problems. It seems that I just can't figure it out. After requesting a book (not recently) I was given a link to a thread in PM, but also told to use advanced search next time. Ok, understood... but I just cannot figure this thing out! I feel really dumb.
I asked for new links for a book (recently) and was kindly given a link (in PM) to go to a post with a new link, which I did. There was the book, even though I could not find it in search. I don't get it. Just now, I went through the "advanced search help" that is posted at the beginning of this thread, and it STILL will not show the book.
Are they being put into hidden folders?
I seem to have the most problem finding books that are listed INSIDE A POST, and not in the title. Like when there are say 30 books in one upload and the OP lists the books in the thread. Also, with my most recent book search, the title of the book was in the title of the post, but the author wasn't, and when I searched by author, that book didn't show up in the search results. However, his name IS inside the post, so why didn't the post show up in the results? (I did find the book by looking up the specific name of the book, but I have the most luck with just looking up authors.)
Wouldn't advanced search look inside posts? I'm assuming it does. I have tried changing the parameters of the advanced search to "Post subjects and message text"?. This is seriously confusing the heck out of me.
Thanks all! And I'm sorry for the trouble!
Jan 21st, 2021, 5:13 am
Jan 21st, 2021, 10:38 am
I understand how frustrating this situation must be for you, m0narch, and I hope this will help:

Our Posting Rules and Guidelines for Uploaders state that, to make it easier for Downloaders, all books of the same series/author must be posted together. It is more convenient to manage one post with 30 books than 30 posts with one book each. Not to mention the work of moderators who'd have to check, approve and categorise each of the 30.

You can rest assured that there are no hidden files, I guarantee you that if a book is posted you will find it with the Advanced Search.

Example: if you need one particular book by Gabriel García Márquez like 'Chronicle of a Death Foretold', and the title does not appear in the Quick Search, go Advanced:

If you are using the Classic version of mobilism, this is what the Advanced search will look like:

I hope this solves your problem, PM me if you have further questions.
Jan 21st, 2021, 10:38 am
Feb 7th, 2021, 5:05 pm
I have a question regarding the rules for ebook requests.
When a release expires because of the links being dead and OP no longer active, the release thread is moved to the expired ebooks section.

Can I then post a request for the book or do I need to wait for a certain amount of time, in case someone wants to do a new release? And if/when I can request it, is it allowed/advisable/expected to mention the expired release in the request post?
Feb 7th, 2021, 5:05 pm
Feb 8th, 2021, 6:03 am
Bookbanshee wrote:I have a question regarding the rules for ebook requests.
When a release expires because of the links being dead and OP no longer active, the release thread is moved to the expired ebooks section.

Can I then post a request for the book or do I need to wait for a certain amount of time, in case someone wants to do a new release? And if/when I can request it, is it allowed/advisable/expected to mention the expired release in the request post?

Yes, you can mention it is in expired (not mandatory) ...but you certainly can make a request once the book is in Expired :)
Feb 8th, 2021, 6:03 am
Feb 9th, 2021, 12:22 am
Thanks!

I didn't want to break any rules there.
Feb 9th, 2021, 12:22 am
Feb 18th, 2021, 7:50 pm
I have been having issues with mega4up and dropapk premium links for the past 3-4 days. Instead of downloading the requested file, I have been getting a 1kb null file. If I download through the related link instead of the premium link there is no problem, the file downloads normally. I have tried switching browsers just in case that may have been the issue with no difference. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Feb 18th, 2021, 7:50 pm
Feb 18th, 2021, 9:00 pm
DGStahler wrote:I have been having issues with mega4up and dropapk premium links for the past 3-4 days. Instead of downloading the requested file, I have been getting a 1kb null file. If I download through the related link instead of the premium link there is no problem, the file downloads normally. I have tried switching browsers just in case that may have been the issue with no difference. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Disk4mat is working on it.
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=284351&start=6180

merry60 wrote:Update, Feb 20: mega4up has been removed from the supported list: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=8368685#8368685
Feb 18th, 2021, 9:00 pm
Feb 20th, 2021, 2:51 pm
Hi
Can I request papers and magazines like books? :D
Feb 20th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Mar 1st, 2021, 1:45 pm
Would it be possible to split out audio books in to sections like ebooks is ? Makes it easier sometimes if we are searching for a random book under for example scifi and fantasy.
Mar 1st, 2021, 1:45 pm
Mar 1st, 2021, 2:18 pm
Kalyissa wrote:Would it be possible to split out audio books in to sections like ebooks is ? Makes it easier sometimes if we are searching for a random book under for example scifi and fantasy.

It is possible but not likely. Please read: Subject: Request for audiobooks categories / forums
Mar 1st, 2021, 2:18 pm