Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Aug 7th, 2018, 7:13 pm
4 Books by VG Lee
Requirements: ePUB / MOBI Reader, 2,6 MB
Overview: VG Lee is an author and a stand-up comedian. She was born in Birmingham but has gradually worked her way southwards and now lives and writes in Hastings, East Sussex. She has published three novels; The Comedienne, The Woman in Beige, Diary of a Provincial Lesbian, and a collection of short stories, As You Step Outside.
Genre: Fiction, FF, Lesbian, LGBT

Image Image Image Image

Always You, Edina: At the beginning of VG Lee’s fourth novel, Always You, Edina, Bonnie Benson is visiting her grandmother in the Three Elms Nursing Home. ‘Your dad was very different,’ her grandmother tells her, ‘not so easy to fathom but he had... well I suppose you’d call it sex appeal. Not only did he have it, but he knew he had it'.
Suddenly a childhood memory is triggered taking Bonnie back over four decades to her ten-year-old self living with her family in Birmingham. It is 1964 and Prince Philip is about to open the newly constructed Bull Ring. Bonnie has three idols in her life; Joanna Bayliss, the most popular girl at her school; glamorous, charismatic Aunt Ed, who ‘could light up a room – if there was a man in that room’; and Bonnie’s father, Ken. Bonnie observes the close relationship between Ed and Ken without comprehending the tragic repercussions it will have on both families.

As You Step Outside: Collected together for the first time, VG Lee's short stories show the trademark humour and pathos that have attracted a cult following for her novels. Here are inconsiderate aunties, cheerfully selfish friends and a man with a pimple fixation. But the short form also brings out the author's darker side, as she captures the mother who destroys her own daughter and the downtrodden lover who seeks a deathly revenge. If you like your sapphic scandal with a slice of Battenburg, this is the book for you.
"I thought I barged in noisily. If I did, they didn't hear me. How foolish they were in any case - in front of the kitchen window in broad daylight - but then perhaps I'm the fool to imagine that would matter to them. I didn't understand at first. I thought Jean was comforting Whiz, or Whiz was comforting Jean, and then I saw that Whiz's blouse was undone, her white brassiere pulled down on one side, so that her breast was exposed and Jean's hand was cupping it, as if holding something precious."

Diary of a Provincial Lesbian: Diary of a Provincial Lesbian is a book that can be enjoyed by women and men, by anybody who has ever asked themselves the question: 'What is love?'
The heroine, Margaret, thinks she has found love, until her partner Georgie gives her the classic book Diary of a Provincial Lady, and an empty diary where she can record her own life. The following year will bring changes she doesn't expect, to her life and to herself.
In this novel, filled with the comedy and sadness so typical of all our lives, VG Lee shows what love really is, if it's expected to last beyond the first thrill of meeting. She also shows the importance of other types of love - the love of pets and of friends, and the importance of accepting those close to us with all their faults.

The Comedienne: When Joanie Littler moves back home to look after her mother, she quickly falls for their stylish neighbour Susan, who has an admirable lounge but never invites Joanie to her patio parties. Finding herself with just her cat Edith Piaf for company, our heroine invents a new lover. 'Freddy' will provide hilarious material for Joanie's proposed comedy act and her passport back into the world of couples.
This is the 10th anniversary edition of VG Lee's first novel. In the special Afterword the author reveals how life imitated art when she embarked on a stand-up comedy career of her own.
VG Lee is the UK's answer to Fannie Flagg.

Download Instructions:
https://www103.zippyshare.com/v/4UoDCDXT/file.html

Mirror:
https://userscloud.com/jnlvj7c8g80y
Aug 7th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Please Image through my posts if both links are dead.