Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:46 am

Major League Baseball has released its 2018 postseason schedule.

MLB revealed Thursday that this year’s playoffs will begin Oct. 2 with the National League Wild Card Game on ESPN and continue Oct. 3 with the American League Wild Card Game on TBS. The NL Division Series then will begin Oct. 4, with the AL Division Series beginning Oct. 5. Game 1 of the 2018 World Series is scheduled for Oct. 23.

Game 7 of the Fall Classic, if necessary, is scheduled for Oct. 31, meaning there won’t be any November baseball this season unless changes become necessary due to inclement weather or whatever reason.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/08/mlb-postseason ... -revealed/

Assuming Oakland does not erase a five-game deficit to the AL West-leading Houston Astros with six games to play, the A's will face the Yankees in the AL wild-card game Oct. 3 after earning their first postseason berth since 2014 with a torrid second half of the season that has seen them go 39-20 since the All-Star break.
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:46 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 25th, 2018, 5:02 am

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #236

MNF OVER/UNDER

For our Monday Night Football edition, the Pittsburgh Steelers went to Tampa Bay to play the Buccaneers. To win, we had to make two predictions — who would win the game and whether the total points scored would be OVER or UNDER the target of 52.5

Pittsburgh Steelers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The red-hot Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosted the slumping Pittsburgh Steelers to cap off Week 3 of the 2018 NFL season. The Bucs were undefeated and seeking to move to 3-0 while the Steelers were trying to notch their first victory of 2018 after an 0-1-1 start.
Buccaneers took an early lead thanks to Fitzpatrick but the Steelers made it look easy as they led 30-13 end of the third quarter. A highly difficult pass from Fitzpatrick to Evans in the fourth quarter resulted in an incredible touchdown to cut it to a one possession game! Although it seemed like the Buccaneers might sneak a win, after both teams were scoring at will earlier in the game, neither could put points up on the board in the closing minutes and the Steelers grabbed their first win of the season, 30-27.

Steelers were the winners tonight, and the total points scored was over the 52.5 target.

5 people correctly picked both PITTSBURGH STEELERS and OVER
hija
bookworm28
yousofine
johngriffen
ms772

= 100 WRZ$ each.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS :clap: :clap:

Please note:
JG’s sippin' on some Highland whiskey…
…so payouts will be done later ;)

You have PLENTY of time to pick your ponies…
TRIFECTA - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #237 HERE
CLOSES - TUESDAY 5:30 PM Chicago (UTC -5) TUESDAY 10:30 PM GMT (UTC +0)

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER
Sep 25th, 2018, 5:02 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Sep 25th, 2018, 6:55 am
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Dewyalovemenow
Red Fern Doll
Cause you Can
Sep 25th, 2018, 6:55 am
Sep 25th, 2018, 7:43 am
Thanks for the UPDATE Pj... I hadn't see that yet.
And I'm THRILLED that at least for now, there won't be any NOVEMBER BASEBALL
I've always HATED it when games go into November. Baseball was NEVER MEANT TO BE PLAYED IN NOVEMBER
Sep 25th, 2018, 7:43 am

Sep 25th, 2018, 2:53 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Cause you Can
Dewyalovemenow
Red Fern Doll
Sep 25th, 2018, 2:53 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:05 pm
johngriffen wrote:Thanks for the UPDATE Pj... I hadn't see that yet.
And I'm THRILLED that at least for now, there won't be any NOVEMBER BASEBALL
I've always HATED it when games go into November. Baseball was NEVER MEANT TO BE PLAYED IN NOVEMBER

I agree, John. A seventh World Series game on Halloween would be pushing it, though . . .

Sep 25th, 2018, 3:05 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:09 pm
Still beats November ;)
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Sep 25th, 2018, 3:11 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Dewyalovemenow
Cause you Can
Red Fern Doll
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Message me for re-uploads and other concerns. A click for thanks can go a long way! -Philly
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:50 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Cause you Can
Dewyalovemenow
Red Fern Doll
Sep 25th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Sep 25th, 2018, 4:02 pm

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #238

UNDERDOGS

Baseball is in it's last week of the Regular Season... and this Wednesday brings up some very uneven match ups. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So, it's time for another edition of UNDERDOGS
For those not familiar with the term, Underdogs are the exact opposite of the Favorites. The term is usually shorted to simply "the dog". When you hear the expression, "who is the dog in this match", somebody is asking which team or player is not the favorite. The term is usually only used when somebody or some team is really over matched.

For this edition of UNDERDOGS, we will provide you with two games. Unlike Slaughter Rule where we are asking you to pick which one will lose by the most points, here we are simply asking "Will both of these teams lose?"

Your job will be simple... Say YES, which means you think both will lose, or Say NO, which means you think at least one of these two teams will actually win.
So, it doesn't get any easier than this, just a YES or a NO

INFORMATION
GAME ONE

Baltimore Orioles 45-111 at Boston Red Sox 106-51
Baltimore, the team with the worst record in baseball, goes into Boston to take on the team with the best record in baseball... Talk about getting ugly :lol: :lol: :lol:
HOWEVER, Boston has nothing more to gain in the regular season. They have clinched their Division and Home Field advantage throughout the American League Playoffs... They may decide to rest their players or not try very hard, you never know ;)

GAME TWO
Cleveland Indians 88-68 at Chicago White Sox 61-95
Cleveland is in first place in their division, while the White Sox simply suck :lol: :lol: :lol:
HOWEVER, like Boston, they really have nothing to gain at this point since they have clinched their division and can not increase their seeding in the playoffs... They may also decide to rest their players or not try very hard... 8)
Both of these teams are heavy favorites... but...

The underdogs are in BOLD and RED
AND PLEASE NOTE: These teams play each other on Tuesday as well. This contest is based on the Wednesday results

What is it?
A contest where you predicting whether BOTH of these underdogs will lose. Say YES, which means you think both dogs will lose, or Say NO, which means you think at least one of these two teams will actually win. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you play?
To enter this contest, you will need to post the following:
UNDERDOGS
And post either YES for BOTH dogs losing or NO for at least one of them winning

EXAMPLE POST
UNDERDOGS
YES

Rules:
Predict correctly and you win
Only 1 post per person for this specific contest, any more and all of your posts will be disallowed.

ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
WEDNESDAY 6 PM Chicago (UTC -5)
WEDNESDAY 11 PM PM GMT (UTC +0)
Any picks made after this deadline will simply be ignored.
Any edits after this deadline, and your post will be disallowed.

Reward:
If you guess correctly, you will share the 500 WRZ$ pool

So it's that easy, a correct Yes or No could win you this edition of NFL UNDERDOGS

And don't forget... there is still plenty of time to pick the ponies for today's contest
TRIFECTA - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #237 HERE
CLOSES - TUESDAY 5:30 PM Chicago (UTC -5) TUESDAY 10:30 PM GMT (UTC +0)

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

Sports Center is ON!
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Sep 25th, 2018, 4:03 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Cause you can
Toodaloo
Forgotten
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Free Books KU

https://books2read.com/u/4j1jrv?store=amazon
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:05 pm
UNDERDOGS
NO
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Life has ups and downs, right now I am not up.
Call me inactive and replace my posts as you find them.
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:13 pm
TRIFECTA CONTEST
Dewyalovemenow
JJ Queen
Cause you Can
Sep 25th, 2018, 4:13 pm