For anything that not belong anywhere else and has to do with Symbian
Apr 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Hello,
I am pretty new here, I want to ask you, if i can install Windows Mobile 6.1 on my Nokia 5230?
I read that the 434 MHz is enough for it, but I don't know, how to (if possible) install it over my Symbian OS, so not as a theme.
A Dual-boot possibility would be great, but not required.
Have someone succeed doing it?
Thanks, rolaca11
Apr 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Apr 5th, 2011, 8:24 pm
I don't think it's possible, maybe Android on Linux based N900
Apr 5th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:05 am
as far as I know its impossible to intall wm on your nokia. also as far as know, no one was able to boot android on any symbian nokia.
but im still waiting for that miracle to happen :/
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:05 am
Apr 29th, 2011, 1:32 pm
Before posting such absurd questions, you should know a little more about your devices. Nokia is a contender against Windows Mobile and you expect to install Windows Mobile on a Symbian based handset? Be proud of Symbian guys. There isn't any better smartphone out there which isn't running Symbian.

Nokia has encrypted 5800's kernel so as to make it impossible to install any other OS. I'm not telling that it isn't possible. People who have the resources can try it. But a single mistake in the code, mind you, a single mistake, that is all it needs t brick your S60 phone. Maemo based devices can't install Windows either, only Android. It is because Maemo is a variant of Linux 2.6 and Android is also a variant of Linux 2.6. That is the only reason Android can be installed on N900. Windows is coded in C++, something which is completely different from Unix, both in meaning and structure.

All I have to say is that love Symbian and forget about the other OS' out there, 'cause they're good for nothin'.
Apr 29th, 2011, 1:32 pm