Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jul 3rd, 2016, 9:00 am
I just need to vent something - Is it just me? I don't think so, but it might just be me. There seems to be a huge lack of using the "thanks" button on mobilism.

The few releases I posted get a few thanks. First I thought not many people are interested in the subjects I release, but today wanting to release another book I noticed the number of downloads ... 2117 in zippyshare private, triggering me to check 430 userscloud and 295 Tusfiles. 2842 downloads versus roughly 130 thanks. Less then 5% says thanks. I guess only 5% of the people who download a book consider the book they downloaded to be useful or something they actually wanted?

I only just arrived on mobilism and can't imagine the numbers on users with releases every day over many years. I now much better understand the few users with huge WRZ who used to release but do not release any more, people are just not thankful around here?

Even more thanks to those who help my book searches through the PM system !
Jul 3rd, 2016, 9:00 am

Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:51 pm
For me it is less than 5% who hit the thanks button.

Sadly, it is a hit and run mentality.
Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:51 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:58 pm
I know when I first started using Mobilism, I wasn't sure what that thank you button did. I didn't know about WRZ$ or anything. It wasn't until I saw a post that had a note to explain that I started thanking people I downloaded from.
Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:58 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:59 pm
lookingfor wrote:For me it is less than 5% who hit the thanks button.

Sadly, it is a hit and run mentality.

5%? You are lucky!
Jul 3rd, 2016, 4:59 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:02 pm
Mobilism is an open forum. Even if you had your links on private, any people who search a book, even not registered can download the links. So maybe out of a few who downloaded yours were outsiders :)

But, it is really sad.
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:02 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:05 pm
StygianIron wrote:Mobilism is an open forum. Even if you had your links on private, any people who search a book, even not registered can download the links. So maybe out of a few who downloaded yours were outsiders :)

But, it is really sad.

In lookingfor's case that few is 95% :lol:
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:05 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:48 pm
PinkWorld wrote:5%? You are lucky!

I'd wish!

PinkWorld wrote:In lookingfor's case that few is 95% :lol:

You meant for zinneken who said
zinneken wrote:...I guess only 5% of the people who download a book consider the book they downloaded to be useful or something they actually wanted?....

Like I said, for me it is less than 5%.
Probably 0.5% :cry:
Jul 3rd, 2016, 5:48 pm
Jul 3rd, 2016, 9:53 pm
The principle of the WRZ currency is great I think.
The thing with the WRZ currency is that it should allow to generate interest in requests by putting more WRZ for getting a request fulfilled.
The more books one shares, the more WRZ one should generate, the easier it should be to grab people's attention and help in sourcing books.
So, sharing books to get Thanks and WRZ should be the way, no?

Instead of that, I have to spend time playing games to earn enough WRZ so I may post a request that's interesting to fulfill ...

Hit and run ... At least it looks like I get a higher "Thanks" rate then many others 8)
Thanks for the supporting words!
Jul 3rd, 2016, 9:53 pm

Jul 3rd, 2016, 10:04 pm
zinneken wrote:The principle of the WRZ currency is great I think.
The thing with the WRZ currency is that it should allow to generate interest in requests by putting more WRZ for getting a request fulfilled.
The more books one shares, the more WRZ one should generate, the easier it should be to grab people's attention and help in sourcing books.
So, sharing books to get Thanks and WRZ should be the way, no?

Instead of that, I have to spend time playing games to earn enough WRZ so I may post a request that's interesting to fulfill ...

Hit and run ... At least it looks like I get a higher "Thanks" rate then many others 8)
Thanks for the supporting words!

I don't think requests get fulfilled only for the WRZ. You can't convert them into anything of value :lol:
Jul 3rd, 2016, 10:04 pm
Jul 4th, 2016, 8:22 am
PinkWorld wrote:I don't think requests get fulfilled only for the WRZ. You can't convert them into anything of value :lol:

That's where I guess I'm wrong ... I see it as a currency for getting books I can't find :wink:
Jul 4th, 2016, 8:22 am

Jul 4th, 2016, 8:28 am
zinneken wrote:
PinkWorld wrote:I don't think requests get fulfilled only for the WRZ. You can't convert them into anything of value :lol:

That's where I guess I'm wrong ... I see it as a currency for getting books I can't find :wink:

I don't think the amount of WRZs offered can affect the willingness of the provider to upload the requested book.
Personally, I decline the WRZs for the fulfilled requests.
Jul 4th, 2016, 8:28 am
Jul 21st, 2016, 10:01 am
I am very new here. I have been clicking on thanks for various things that caught my eye but did not download... and those I did download too. Perhaps I will see it differently later, but wrz$ is not any sort of motive for me. But good manners are usually appropriate, yes? zinneken, I do not recall if I have looked at your posts before, but *thanks*.
Jul 21st, 2016, 10:01 am
Jul 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm
Keep in mind 3/5ths of those downloads are from guests, meaning they cant thank you for the post. But yes, either way the percentage is low. Not much one can do about it, some people press the thank you button, others dont.
Jul 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm
Jul 23rd, 2016, 7:32 am
Disk4mat wrote:Keep in mind 3/5ths of those downloads are from guests, meaning they cant thank you for the post. But yes, either way the percentage is low. Not much one can do about it, some people press the thank you button, others dont.

I wasn't aware guests have access to the releases section of the forum. I thought Mobilism was a closed ecosystem for members by members only. Maybe it would help if it would be a closed ecosystem?
Jul 23rd, 2016, 7:32 am