Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 3rd, 2023, 4:19 pm
I downloaded this SIP app: viewtopic.php?f=434&t=5219614&hilit=groundwire

I installed it on my phone and it has been working perfectly. Today, I log into my SIP provider account and I see an unknown IP using my service. I immediately changed the password and the device was removed, but now I don't know how I feel about downloading anymore apps from this site. Is there any way to scan these apks to see if they have any code that suggests there's outbound traffic going on?
Sep 3rd, 2023, 4:19 pm
Sep 3rd, 2023, 8:42 pm
I installed two apps from this site and now I'm getting random ads pop up on my device while not on those apps an they were closed an I even uninstalled them an I'm still getting pop up ads. The name of the two are Toca World and Talking Angela 2. If I need a link of the two let me know otherwise they were the latest updates when searching them up. Not very sure how to get rid of this malware or whatever it's called I'm still a bit of a noob when installing apps out of the play store. If anyone knows of a good free app to clean the mess I'd be thankful. I just did a factory reset day before yesterday because it's been a long time to get a good clean I really hope I don't have to do it again to fix this. I did read the post above an will bookmark the virus scan site for future downloads.
Sep 3rd, 2023, 8:42 pm
Sep 4th, 2023, 1:23 am
Cyephire wrote:I installed two apps from this site and now I'm getting random ads pop up on my device while not on those apps an they were closed an I even uninstalled them an I'm still getting pop up ads. The name of the two are Toca World and Talking Angela 2. If I need a link of the two let me know otherwise they were the latest updates when searching them up. Not very sure how to get rid of this malware or whatever it's called I'm still a bit of a noob when installing apps out of the play store. If anyone knows of a good free app to clean the mess I'd be thankful. I just did a factory reset day before yesterday because it's been a long time to get a good clean I really hope I don't have to do it again to fix this. I did read the post above an will bookmark the virus scan site for future downloads.

Was it from Nocna Furia? It's extremely unlikely that you will get malicious content from apps of a Major Releaser (the same goes for DEXUNPACKER's release mentioned above). Sometimes Major Releasers repost content found elsewhere which is where problems could happen, but a Major Releaser found to be adding malicious content would immediately lose his status and be banned, and being a Major Releaser offers numerous advantageous. I don't think we've had a single case of a Major Releaser adding malicious content in my 15+ years on Mobilism.
Sep 4th, 2023, 1:23 am
Sep 4th, 2023, 4:17 am
Disk4mat wrote:You can scan APKs for malicious code with https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload . I'll message DEXUNPACKER and inquire about this particular app.

I found the source of the IP. It belongs to the company that made the app. The SIP registration was created when I activated push notifications in the app, which requires my SIP credentials to be used by their servers.

DEXUNPACKER's Groundwire app is legit.
Sep 4th, 2023, 4:17 am
Sep 4th, 2023, 5:16 am
Ahmneo wrote:I downloaded this SIP app: viewtopic.php?f=434&t=5219614&hilit=groundwire

I installed it on my phone and it has been working perfectly. Today, I log into my SIP provider account and I see an unknown IP using my service. I immediately changed the password and the device was removed, but now I don't know how I feel about downloading anymore apps from this site. Is there any way to scan these apks to see if they have any code that suggests there's outbound traffic going on?

It's a paid apk nothing changed into the apk everything original check signature.

Sep 4th, 2023, 5:16 am
Sep 5th, 2023, 7:02 am
It was a false alarm. I pinged the IP address that registered my SIP credentials and it belongs to the company that made this app. They do that when you activate push notifications. I've never used push notifications before so I must have accidentally activated it in the app.
Sep 5th, 2023, 7:02 am