Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Apr 2nd, 2024, 11:47 am
As of this morning, I can't download and am getting a red circle with a line in it with the message "Dl.Mobilism.Org refused to connect." I don't have a VPN and can't figure out why else this would be happening. I'm on a laptop using Windows 10 and using MS Edge browser. I tried clearing my cache and disabling my AV software, without success. I also tried using Chrome and ended up getting a bunch of spam MacAfee popups - not sure if that's connected or not.

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this. I think the last time I downloaded from Mobilism was last week. I haven't made any changes to my computer since then. Thanks very much.
Apr 2nd, 2024, 11:47 am
Apr 2nd, 2024, 12:09 pm
Hey there. I'm of no help unfortunately but I have the same issue Nothing different about my setup and I was downloading using the blue arrow with no problems earlier today.
Apr 2nd, 2024, 12:09 pm
Apr 2nd, 2024, 4:14 pm
I'm not sure what the problem is but for me at least it seems like Edge is blocking something. I downloaded another browser, Mozilla, and was able to download without any problem. Maybe give that a try.
Apr 2nd, 2024, 4:14 pm
Apr 2nd, 2024, 9:03 pm
What version of Edge are using? Does it have any security plugins?

I just tested Version 123.0.2420.65 (Official build) (64-bit) without any changes or plugins and everything worked normally.
Apr 2nd, 2024, 9:03 pm