Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 5th, 2018, 8:40 am
Sorry for the delayed reply, I got caught up in my book! :lol:
Ice, that sounds awesome! I'm so happy you have a friend who can do that for you! :D I love purple hair, it's just gorgeous!

Don't worry John and Matina, I went grey at about 26. I decided to go blonde because it hid the greys. I wasn't (and still am not) ready to embrace the fact that I have more grey hair than not. :lol:

Matina, I can't believe that pop up! Encouraging cheating is gross. I can recommend some ad-blocking software if you need it?

PS - I need help, if anyone can? I can't seem to be able to convert an epub file to PDF using my usual means (including the calibre software). One of my book requests was filled and the file was 80MBs, but all of the online converters, as well as the two programs I use don't seem to want to convert the file. They get to about 34% and then just sit there, doing nothing. I've had one going for about 5 hours now.
This hasn't ever happened to me before. Is anyone able to help? *looks hopeful*
Aug 5th, 2018, 8:40 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:06 am
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:06 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:16 am
sr55 wrote:PS - I need help, if anyone can? I can't seem to be able to convert an epub file to PDF using my usual means (including the calibre software). One of my book requests was filled and the file was 80MBs, but all of the online converters, as well as the two programs I use don't seem to want to convert the file. They get to about 34% and then just sit there, doing nothing. I've had one going for about 5 hours now.

I will assume you are talking about The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher, Shane Devries (Illustrator)
(based on your posting history, your request meet's the 80MB's file size you mentioned ;) )
If not, let me know...
I don't have time right at the moment, but I will give it a shot in the near future and see if I can convert it to a PDF.
Maybe the file got corrupted or some of the software I use is different than what you are using.
I'll keep you updated...

And Happy Friendship Day WD and everybody else here :D
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:16 am

Aug 5th, 2018, 9:19 am
johngriffen wrote:
sr55 wrote:PS - I need help, if anyone can? I can't seem to be able to convert an epub file to PDF using my usual means (including the calibre software). One of my book requests was filled and the file was 80MBs, but all of the online converters, as well as the two programs I use don't seem to want to convert the file. They get to about 34% and then just sit there, doing nothing. I've had one going for about 5 hours now.

I will assume you are talking about The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher, Shane Devries (Illustrator)
(based on your posting history, your request meet's the 80MB's file size you mentioned ;) )
If not, let me know...
I don't have time right at the moment, but I will give it a shot in the near future and see if I can convert it to a PDF.
Maybe the file got corrupted or some of the software I use is different than what you are using.
I'll keep you updated...

And Happy Friendship Day WD and everybody else here :D

That's the one, John! Thank you! You're a gem if you can get it converted. I'm trying yet another site. I shall keep you updated if I have any success. But it's evening here, now, so there won't be much more brain activity from my end :lol: :lol:
Thank you again! :)
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:19 am

Aug 5th, 2018, 9:25 am
Happy Friendship Day all. I just got home from visiting family time to pass out on the lounge :D Good night Matina Pj, star, have a good day john :D take care all bye for now :D
Aug 5th, 2018, 9:25 am
Aug 5th, 2018, 10:26 am
JG yes it should read make life shorter!!!have an affair!
star i have adblocker but sometimes some still get through it happens as redirects when torrenting;-) yes your book may have been corrupted i suggest re-download it from another source and try again sometimes the illustrations can be a bit of a problem.
katy goodnight look after you hugs
diva happy friendship day to everyone.
morning nonny honey how are you?
pj hope all is well with you expecting a pm or email with updates.
im wishing you all goodnight here too
Aug 5th, 2018, 10:26 am

Aug 5th, 2018, 11:38 am
Ooh, that's not good, Matina. :( I hate when ad-blockers don't work properly.

And Happy Friendship Day, everyone! :D
Aug 5th, 2018, 11:38 am

Aug 5th, 2018, 4:04 pm
My first few attempts weren't very successful Star...
I keep getting an error message about 5 minutes in on the conversion.
But I still have a few tricks up my sleeve and will try again a little later ;)
Aug 5th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Aug 5th, 2018, 10:58 pm
Thank you, John! I appreciate this a lot. :D
Aug 5th, 2018, 10:58 pm

Aug 6th, 2018, 2:17 am
Morning all. :wave: Hello bear and John,
Ice so did you eat the candies your sister gave you care to share hmm :lol: :lol:
Matina make sure you get that head massage enjoy your new do :lol: Star aren't people here wonderful Im a tech dummy and they're always willing to help :D good luck with the book I'm sure john will figure it out :D Good morning Pj it's finally raining and cold again are you getting any up in the mountains :D How are you feeling with your meds now :? Hi diva, alessa, stretton :D
Aug 6th, 2018, 2:17 am
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:13 am
of course I ate them... and they were very tasty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:13 am
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:33 am
ice wrote
of course I ate them... and they were very tasty :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Greedy, poor little things got their heads bit off or did you eat them whole it's what I would do :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:33 am
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:54 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: one bite and gone...no foreplay at all :wink:
Aug 6th, 2018, 3:54 am
Aug 6th, 2018, 4:31 am
ice wrote
one bite and gone...no foreplay at all

:lol: :lol: Your no fun :lol: :lol:
Aug 6th, 2018, 4:31 am
Aug 6th, 2018, 4:48 am
Happy 'Friendship Day' to everyone . . . especially matina, Katy, Alessa and Star here in the eastern hemisphere.

Had a long Skype call with my brother this morning. He's continuing with his chemo at a low level, but feels nearly 100% normal. He's still having acupuncture regularly for his toes.

matina, hope you continue to feel better. Keep us posted.

Katy, we had some rain overnight, and it finally stopped about 10 this morning. I saw some 'white stuff' mixed in with it at one point, maybe sleet or hail if not snow!

Star, PM me if you still need help with converting that book.

Hi to br bear, Ice, Stretton, Diva and John too . . . my other TLWBF friends who live far, far away!

Photo is from yesterday's walk around Sublime Point.
Aug 6th, 2018, 4:48 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle