Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:11 am

Good morning (a bit late again) for eastern hemisphere TLWBF regulars matina and Katy and Alessa and Star.

Can't believe daffodils are already thriving in my neighbour's yard . . . this photo from a week ago. Today is supposed to be the last 'warm' day for a while, with Antarctic blasts arriving in the Sydney area this evening. Winds are back . . . really howling outside, although it's bright and sunny. Up to 15 degrees now.

Star, we're lucky to have a nice old-fashioned bookshop here in Leura . . . Megalong Books . . . and there's even one in Wentworth Falls. Katoomba has two . . . one a used bookshop downstairs in a kind of antique mall, which is one of my favourites. They alway have a 'bargain books for $2' stall right at the entrance, on the street. Yesterday I also noticed that one of the Katoomba Street churches was having a sale . . . with used books displayed all along the footpath. Nice to see. But I didn't know it was Love Your Bookshop Day!

matina, stay well. Write send a PM later today. Have been a bit disorganised and over-worried about Rishi and making plans for her trip on Tuesday . . . cancelled my tutoring for that day. Drove over to Katoomba late yesterday afternoon for a quick cappuccino with Roger, but was distracted and had other errands to do.

Katy, as I say, I know I'm worrying too much about Rishi, but don't like the idea of a general anesthetic. But she's still young, hardly more than two years old, so should be fit enough to take it all in stride. Trust that you're enjoying a nice sunny day in your part of Sydney.

John, just got my daily Yankees e-mail and see that they got beat by the Rangers 'overnight' (in my time).

Hi to br bear and Ice and Stretton.

Diva, thanks again for the notifications, as always.

Aug 11th, 2018, 4:11 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:04 am
yes please Ice bear stretton all my canuck buddies coming out to help me deal with Satan :lol: :lol: 8) more wine and whiskey will be provided and my Chicago Buddie JG is also welcome to come i am sure he knows what else besser blocks are for :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)Image :lol: :lol: 8) cheers ice!! :lol: :lol:
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:04 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 5:22 am
Hi ice I bet your feeling all kinds of warm and fuzzy oh heck have another one :lol: No no purple makes the greys go pink :lol: night night ice time to pass out :D sweet dreams :lol:

John feel free to add to our afternoon drinks or late night :D Matina between us and the cannucks Satan better watch out :lol: I just hope the bail fund has enough in it :lol:
Nap time :D
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:22 am
Aug 11th, 2018, 6:38 am

My brother lives right near 'WoodenBoat' . . . a locally famous business that not only builds wooden boats of all types, but runs classes in teaching boat-building and other traditional skills.

matina, have a good nap! Am just back from a short walk in the reserve in front of my house.

Katy, it would be like spring up here now, if it weren't for the winds.

Star, trust you're bouncing back to normal.

Might have a nap soon, myself . . .
Aug 11th, 2018, 6:38 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 6:45 am
Yeah... Ice having a "wee bit of wine"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for anybody that want's the stronger stuff

Pj... not only did the Yankees lose, but the Red Sox were down 8 to 3 after 3 innings, and then won 19 to 12...

Glad are you feeling better Star...

Hello matina and Katy... I hope you both have a great day
Aug 11th, 2018, 6:45 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 7:14 am
yeap and now the sun is shinning SPRING has arrived!!!!
Aug 11th, 2018, 7:14 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 7:21 am
Nothing better than the sun coming out ;)

Aug 11th, 2018, 7:21 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 8:11 am
John you can eep that sun and it's heat don't want it :? You have a good day too :D
Pj the wind is rattling the doors and windows here at the moment we're supposed to get a last blast of winter tomorrow here's hoping ,cuddles to your furry babies :) Matina time to get dinner started :D I'll say goodnight to you all ,bless bye for now :D hi diva thank you for your notifications big hugs take care :D
Aug 11th, 2018, 8:11 am
Aug 11th, 2018, 8:23 am
PJ, I'm impressed with your friends' daffodils! They're looking lovely. I only know that it's Love Your Bookshop day because I'm involved in a lot of online book-loving sites/pages on various social media platforms. If I hadn't already made an order with Booktopia earlier in the week, I would've made an order with them today just to celebrate. :) And, as always, lovely photo of Rishi. How are Sunnya and Cosmo fairing in the cold this week?

Thanks, John, I'm getting there slowly. Just taking one day at a time. :)

Hi to both Matina and Katy - I hope you've both had a lovely Saturday so far. :D
Aug 11th, 2018, 8:23 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Aug 11th, 2018, 9:23 am

View towards Katoomba from the end of my street . . .

Getting firewood ready for the expected very cold and windy night . . . fuzzies all safe inside . . .

Star, I couldn't believe those daffodils . . .

matina, glad you had sunshine in SA . . .

Katy, am looking forward to a quiet Sunday without visitors.

Bye for now, everyone . . .
Aug 11th, 2018, 9:23 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 9:31 am
goodnight all! I'm retiring for the night pain killers panadol and tramal and a whiskey shot for a very sore shoulder hasn't even taken the edge off. the pain is best described as bitching!!! heat makes it throb like hell the cold just makes me want to scream numbing it slightly but then spasms start oh MY LORD! the pain is middle of the shoulder blade referring pain to the right side into the ribs and down the right side excruciating.
night night all be safe and god bless you all.
PJ i will await you email or pm later on cuddles to rishi and Cosmo.
Aug 11th, 2018, 9:31 am

Aug 11th, 2018, 9:32 am
PinkWorld wrote:Image

Mee too ... :o :shock:

Coffee for everyone :D

Aug 11th, 2018, 9:32 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Aug 11th, 2018, 10:44 am
Thanks, Diva!

matina, will write again soon. Hope those pain-killers work soon.

Fuzzies all safe and well tonight . . . have just started the fire . . .

These were growing in the yard of another neighbour a few weeks ago . . .
Aug 11th, 2018, 10:44 am

Aug 12th, 2018, 12:36 am
goodmorning everyone how are we all?
star i hope your improving;-)
JG hope your enjoying the weekend.
PJ how is rishi? looking forward to an update.
kat how are you?? be well enjoy your Sunday
hello to bear ice and stretton.
diva god bless you for all the notifications you are awesome!!! and my rock.
had a restless pain filled night may try to get a physio apt. Monday i wont hold my breath ;-(
our normal Sunday outing for lunch looking forward to it ;-)
Aug 12th, 2018, 12:36 am

Aug 12th, 2018, 1:31 am
Good morning/evening! :wave:

matina, hope the physio tomorrow helps with your back pain.
pjm, Rishi is looking adorable as ever :)

Spent all day yesterday watching Altered Carbon. It’s sooo good!

Hope you’re all having nice weekend.
Aug 12th, 2018, 1:31 am