Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:31 am
Aww, Katy, your granddaughter is so brave not to cry! I got my ears done when I was 4. Pretty sure I cried. :lol: :lol:
Matina, that's a lot for medication! Being sick is so expensive, isn't it? I hate it. :(
Alessa, I hope you have had a lovely week. :)
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:31 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:39 am

Here's a photo (not taken by me) of the road out to Mount Hay, in North Leura, not very far at all from my house, but on the north side of the Great Western Highway. I've sometimes taken visitors here. The road isn't sealed, but it's possible to drive part of the way up Mount Hay, where you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere . . . even though you're still in Leura!
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:39 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:50 am
Star when I had my ears pierced I fainted :lol: I think I was 10 :lol: Matina they apparently don't use sleepers anymore its supposedly more hygienic for the studs :? you don't have to turn them either just set and forget , that's so expensive for meds but what choice do you have when you need it Feel better soon xo :D hi alessa how are you how's mum doing :D Pj I didn't realise your grandson was 20 goodness, I wish we could stop them growing :D the mountains views are always spectacular :D
Aug 4th, 2018, 3:50 am
Aug 4th, 2018, 5:31 am
Ahhhhh... Ear Piercing Day
A right of passage
I remember that day for both of my daughters... yes, they grow up so fast
Cute picture Katy, brings back memories

Congrats on finding Merlin Pj... and good luck with the rain.
And the Kaepernick story is getting HUGE PLAY here

Hi matina... I hope you feel at least a little better. And that's a lot of money for drugs

Hi Star and Alessa

And could somebody please tell me what the heck "sleepers" are
I've never heard that term before?????????
Aug 4th, 2018, 5:31 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 6:28 am
Imagesleepers so you can sleep with them where as studs have a way of poking the back of the ear while sleeping and hurt these are easy and you can turn them through he pierced whole in the ear so the earring doesn't stick to the wound like a stud would. it was what was the standard in our hey day of earrings till the pierced wound healed after 2 weeks then you could wear what you liked.
Aug 4th, 2018, 6:28 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 7:08 am
John, now Matina has shown what sleepers are - what do you guys call them over there? I wear sleepers because I'm allergic to silver (in piercings) and the studs always made my ears worse. They're thin, gold hoops, mostly. :)

PJ, that is a lovely photo!

Oh, Katy. *hugs* I don't blame you, it's a bit of a shock and painful!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely time. :)
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:08 am

If you're reading this, drink some water :)
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:32 am
Those would just be called "hoops" over here.
While they may be called sleepers, I've never heard that term before... but I'm a guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:32 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 7:36 am
John, I've never heard this term either.

But then, I don't have pierced ears . . .

Photo just received from my brother . . . taken near his house . . .
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:36 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:39 am
pjmpjm wrote:But then, I don't have pierced ears . . .

WHAT... YOU DON'T :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I always figured you for a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really...
Aug 4th, 2018, 7:39 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 8:07 am
Oh john :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Pj but that was funny :lol: Yeah we call them hoops too but they're usually larger than the small sleepers :D morning nonny just made a fresh pot :D coffees on and maybe a little snack :)

I'm off to get dinner sorted :) good night to Matina, star and Pj have a great evening :D Take care all bye for now :D
Aug 4th, 2018, 8:07 am
Aug 4th, 2018, 8:52 am
I'll leave the coffee for Nonny... but the "little snack", LOOKS GREAT
Enjoy dinner Katy
Aug 4th, 2018, 8:52 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 9:05 am
Morning everyone :wave:

Thanks for the coffee Katy and John get your mitts off - thats breakfast!! :lol:
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:05 am
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:10 am
Sigh... in my younger days, that would have been breakfast too
But now, I'm lucky if I could just have a little bit of it...
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:10 am

Aug 4th, 2018, 9:16 am
In moderation I think is the key....so maybe just a little bit?
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:16 am
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:30 am
:o :shock: star i also thought i was allergic to silver too only when i turned 40 did i realize i wasn't allergic to pure .925 sterling silver. After talking to a jeweler they told me to buy a genuine sleeper set and try it out if i was allergic they said they would refund me my money. I was actually allergic to copper zinc and other metal mixed with the silver.(therefore they were not pure silver but because it was 50% silver they could say it was silver) (when in reality it was not)
you may want to try again and check it out yourself, sleepers are not that expensive about $9-$12 a pair but ask for genuine pure .925 sterling silver. i too only had a few 9ct gold earrings growing up i envied everyone being able to wear pretty new ones. needless to say when i found out i was ok with the real pure genuine silver stuff i when a little crazy to make up for lost time ;-) :lol: :lol:
time for me to medicate and say good night all
Aug 4th, 2018, 9:30 am