Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 17th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Did you know that Alaska has at least 20 hot springs?
That's where I'll be hanging out with live footage on some device.
p.s. Yes, I moonlight as a capybara, and what of it?
Apr 17th, 2024, 2:58 pm

Apr 17th, 2024, 3:32 pm
Hey Guv, I saw you out checking the ice earlier

Any news? The first guess was for today. I hope it's still standing - I've stocked the bar for the long haul.

I'm out here on the ice trying to get a measurement, there has been no official word on the ice conditions for four days now - looking to get someone with a hat or a whistle to give up the goods - Gov
Apr 17th, 2024, 3:32 pm

Apr 17th, 2024, 11:01 pm
April 17th, 2024 Official Update

The ice on the Tanana river where the Tripod stands is still intact and the anchor ice is still in place. However, during the last ice measurement on 4/12 the ice measured 43 inches, but 1ft down from the top of the ice, the remaining depth of the ice was soft and slushy all the rest of way thru and there was river water flowing. They will not be taking any additional ice measurements for the remainder of the season for safety reasons.

There is a small open channel of flowing water on the bank of the upper Tanana river this is approx. 1 mile up river from the Tripod.

There is also a very wide open channel of flowing water on the upper Nenana river.

The Tanana (where the Tripod is) and the Nenana rivers meet downriver from the Tripod. It is important that the Nenana river is open and flowing for the ice on the Tanana river to begin moving the Tripod, so this is a may indicate an early year!

Apr 17th, 2024, 11:01 pm

Looking to keep current with Mobi Contests?
Tune in, turn on, on Discord!
https://discord.gg/As9DZkGXUM
Apr 17th, 2024, 11:08 pm
Okay - those who want in on the 2024 poster contest might want to start moving.

Our first guess, by 22rain has come and gone (but is not yet out) - Mistaya, Mobilitic and (hey!) me have the next three entries coming up

Also - if you want to compete in the "last person standing" snowball fight - post here saying you are "in" - along with some photos/boasts of your snowball making/throwing skills!

Apr 17th, 2024, 11:08 pm

Apr 18th, 2024, 4:47 am
I'm in!

Luckily it's a late spring here - still snow on the ground in the shaded areas of the woods, so I'm practicing my accuracy and have got it down to bullseye every time

Bring on the snow brawl! :lol:

Failing that, if there's a crowd, I'll go for brute force - size really does matter

May ozswede the best person win! *slips a bundle of bills to Guv*

And so it begins - Gov
Apr 18th, 2024, 4:47 am

Apr 18th, 2024, 6:52 am
cats love a snowball fight too

howzat!!

Impressive! - Gov

Apr 18th, 2024, 6:52 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Apr 18th, 2024, 12:23 pm
"in" and just warming up whilst we wait for the first few updates!

spotted some of the fellas after a few beers :D

This...
This is going to get - messy - Gov

Apr 18th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Apr 18th, 2024, 12:39 pm
Rare glimpses on what happens on Tanana river by nights.

Yep. Pretty sure this is what goes into the burgers at Moocher's Bar - Gov
Apr 18th, 2024, 12:39 pm
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:01 pm
I'm in...
Come and take me if you can :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I appreciate the defiance and inflated sense of ability - now that is the American spirit! - Way to represent Chicago, JG!

Who else wants "in"?- Gov
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:01 pm

Apr 19th, 2024, 4:59 am

And we have our first entry for the 2024 Mobi Ice Classic Poster contest - and JG is coming in both hot and seemingly armed. Good, muscular stuff here - who thinks they can top it? - Gov
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:59 am

Apr 19th, 2024, 6:41 am
I'm in.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :lol:

That's the spirit - put 'em down, keep 'em down - Gov
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:41 am

Apr 19th, 2024, 8:47 pm
Last person standing snowball fight
Rules and Round 1

You start with 3 "hit points" worth of snowball damage you can absorb. Once you lose all your "hit points" you are out of the fight.

Each time you are hit with a regular snowball, you lose one "hit point". Players can also play "dirty" and put a small rock in their snowball which will cause 2 "hit points" of damage - but if you caught playing dirty - you are are out of the game.

Round 1

Please select among the following options. Will you?

1) Throw 1, 2, or 3 snowballs? Each round you choose to to throw up to 3 snowballs - but throwing more does reduce the accuracy and chance to hit for each additional ball thrown.

2) For each snowball thrown will you play dirty or fair? Playing dirty means you put a small rock in your snowball. Using a rock increases the odds of hitting a target and will cause 2 points of damage. Getting caught playing dirty (and the dirtier you play, the more likely it is you will get caught) will mean you are out of the game.

3) Will you dive behind one of two small snow forts (choose either Fort Defiance or Fort Weasel). Diving behind a snow fort makes it less likely to be hit, but you can only throw one snowball - and if two people choose the same fort both will be out of the game because the fort will collapse!) [Rule clarification - if you choose to select the security of a snow fort, while you are less likely to be hit, you are limited to throwing just one snowball (clean or dirty) for the round]

(Optional) - you can choose a person to target. It won't change the odds - but it might earn you an enemy for life!

Players - please send me a private message with your selections for Round 1 by 4pm Alaska Standard Time on Saturday April 20th.
[color=#0000BF]
If you haven't said you are in yet, you can still enter by sending me an entry before the deadline. If all players who have said they are in get their entries in before the deadline, I'll move things along quicker.

(I'll be resolving the outcome using a big bag of polyhedral dice I found in the basement and my half remembered rules of combat resolution from Dungeons and Dragons. It's entirely possible my cats may play a role in the outcomes but the rolls will otherwise be straight and sacred)
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:47 pm

Apr 19th, 2024, 9:02 pm
For the pacifists among you remember that our 2024 poster contest is still open for entries

Also - new!

Post some footage of your best Moose calling techniques along with the happy(?) outcomes!
Bonuses for those who can make me laugh! - Gov
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Apr 19th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Works every time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Works for me - grrr grrr - Gov
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Apr 20th, 2024, 12:23 am

Did you say Moose calling? Well answer the call of the wild!

I know you will, Mumzies, I know you will! - Gov
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:23 am