Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:44 am

Turnabout is fair play - Gov
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:44 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:59 am

That reminds me of something I cannot/will not share - Gov
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:59 am

Apr 20th, 2024, 8:07 am

Wow, you went - there - Gov
Apr 20th, 2024, 8:07 am

Apr 20th, 2024, 9:07 am

I'm not even sure what's going on here - but it seems frothy - have a bonus - Gov
Apr 20th, 2024, 9:07 am

Apr 20th, 2024, 7:51 pm
Snowball Fight Round 1 Recap and Results

A Frightful Fete with the Distrait Eight

It was bound to happen. Too much time, not enough to do. Ozswede's disco igloo not yet open for business and Moochers closed for a private party (Muffy Shapiro's getting married and having her bachelorette bash).

Ozswede and Fatima, chafing from not being invited and each blaming the other for some "alleged" impropriety with Muffy's intended,
eyed each other with enmity, then with surprising swiftness, nailed each other with snowballs and the fight was on!

After the initial clash, things happened rapidly. Lush beelined and took command of Fort Defiance. Fatima dived and made it to Fort Weasel, only to find she couldn't throw as many snowballs as she'd like. Snowballs were made and thrown, some seemed to contain a little something extra (dirty cheatin' sneakin' mother-lovers!). Duskyduvessa downed the last few ounces from a flask of bourbon and zigzagged through back and forth across the field between the two forts.

After a quick flurry of exchanges, here's where things stand:
Fatima - 1 hit point left, holding down Fort Weasel
JohnGriffen - 1 hit points left, looking a little tired and out in the open
Ozswede - 2 hit points left and standing a Valkyrie on holiday out in the open
Mumzies 3 hit points left and looking rather pleased out in the open
Lush - 1 hit point left and cowering bravely in Fort Defiance
rFlash8 2 hit points left and thinking things escalated quickly, defiantly out in open
Accountant1usa - 2 hit points left and smiling evilly out in open
Duskyduvessa - 2 hit points left and liquored up out in the open

Round two starts now!
Send me a private message with your next move before 9:30pm Alaska Standard time (UTC -9) on Sunday April 21st. If I get all the responses back before then I'll move things along quicker.
No new players permitted at this time.

Who will be the last Mobi-ite standing?!?
Apr 20th, 2024, 7:51 pm

Looking to keep current with Mobi Contests?
Tune in, turn on, on Discord!
https://discord.gg/As9DZkGXUM
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:27 pm
Not sure how many rounds of hard packed snowballs it will take before our intrepid group is reduced to just one wild eyed combatant standing alone -
but I'm pleased to say we've all been invited to partake in a kinder, gentler Nenana tradition...

The Nenana Pot Luck Supper Club

Hosted by the charming and welcoming folk who run the Monderosa Roadhouse, everyone is invited and asked to bring a dish to share. I think our Mobi-clan, coming from around the world can really wow our local hosts. Those of you who played along last in last year's classic may remember how we sampled the local cuisine, tasting and learning about various ways to prepare and enjoy Moose meat, Akutaq (Eskimo Ice Cream) and other delicacies. This year - I'm going to suggest we each bring something we personally love that represents a bit of own culture to share. The potluck will start with cocktails and light beverages, a bevy of relishes and appetizers, a host of main dishes and sides, and what I imagine to be a staggering selection of desserts and small savories.

Dress is casual, and there will be live music and dancing for the brave.
(I wouldn't be surprised if there might be an open microphone for the tipsy and foolhardy).

I don't doubt that many will want to know more about the dish/drink you bring - so along with a photo, feel free to share a bit about it, perhaps even the recipe you use.

Supper Club/Pot Luck will be held this Monday evening, 7pm Alaska Standard time, so post those contributions before the start of the gathering!
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:27 pm

Apr 21st, 2024, 12:02 am
I will be attending the Potluck dinner.

Since Monday night is the start of Passover, I think the proper thing to due is bring a seder plate to grace the table. Also, we will need some wine for the prayers!

Chag Sameach, accountant1usa! - Gov
Apr 21st, 2024, 12:02 am

Apr 21st, 2024, 1:06 am
I'm ready for dinner...

My contributions 8)

Frog legs

And something to wash them down with

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might be making a couple of passes through JG's offerings - looks great! - Gov
Apr 21st, 2024, 1:06 am

Apr 21st, 2024, 4:21 am
I think I'll leave the frog legs for JG :mrgreen: and go with something more palatable.
I'm in a coconut & fried seafood kinda mood:
creole fried shrimp
calamari
i'll never shut up about this drink
served in these for the ~*atmosphere*~

this is turning out to be a feast - creole fried shrimp is a personal favorite - Gov
Apr 21st, 2024, 4:21 am

Apr 21st, 2024, 4:53 am
This is a hard one. Shall I go for something reflecting my Australian heritage, or my new Swedish home?

Decisions, decisions...

Okay, I think I'll contribute a traditional Swedish crowd pleaser for the buffet table.

It's spring!!!

*looks out the window*

*firmly closes the curtains and cranks up the central heating*

What better way to be in total denial celebrate the arrival of spring than with this smörgåstårta (that's Swedish sandwich cake to the non-Swedes)

Shall we try to make it into Guinness Book of World Records?

In 1985, a the world’s longest smörgåstårta was made. The record-winning cake was 510 meters and 69 centimetres, or 1675 feet and 5 inches long.

And yes, the record still stands.

So, I'll be super busy today getting it ready. Hmm... checks shopping list:
ryebread, white bread, mayo, crème fraîche, cream cheese, horseradish, hard-boiled eggs, smoked salmon, shrimps, crabmeat, lettuce, cucumber, red caviar, dill, chives, red onion, pea shoots... Yep, think I'm set!

(Note to Guv - ... we may need a bigger venue)

And to wash it down (and guard against food poisoning :lol: )

VODKA!

So you all better brush up on your Swedish drinking songs snapsvisor.
It's not a proper party without the communal singing after downing a few vodkas!

♫♪♫♪ Helan går,
sjung hopp falleri faderallan lej,
helan går,
sjung hopp faderallan lej
Och den som inte helan tar
han inte heller halvan får
Helan går
♫♪♫♪

Be there or be square!

It's cake. It's a sandwich. It's massive. It's sheetcakesandwich! Sign me up and pass the vodka - Gov
Apr 21st, 2024, 4:53 am

Apr 21st, 2024, 8:22 pm
Snowball Fight Round 2 Recap and Results

Oh the Snow-Insanity - A Massive Slaughter on the Field - Only Three Players Left!

With the initial flurry finished, a second frosty fling ensued. With only brief moments to catch a breath, scoop and pack fresh snow (and in some cases, it seems, a little something extra),
then dash and dive and either select a target or simply strike at the nearest live body,
our hardy but battered survivors of the first round attempt to remain
THE LAST PERSON STANDING!

Mumzies, the only person who escaped the first round without a scratch surveyed her remaining adversaries with suspicious, piercing eyes before delivering three snowballs in quick succession with surprising accuracy, then yelled out "Who was the Dirty Dog Snow Ball thrower?"
Lush narrowly escaped the onslaught, but John Griffen and Fatima were both felled from the field.

Lush's close escape from Mumzies proved shortlived. She popped up, intending to send out three quick snowballs into the field, but fell from a bang-up whizzer shooting from the hand of Ozswede,
who then staked out an audaciously bold but vulnerable position out in the middle of the field.

A slightly swozzled Duskyduvessa was startled by the seeming sight of a Moose slamming snowballs into the fray, but was still able to send an icy ball straight and true toward the antlered antagonist, ending rflash8's inning.
His daring but potentially unwise fashion sense may have made the difference.
Still, full points for style.

Accountant1usa sent a wild throw throw into the field, nearly hitting several combatants -
but the heavy ball splattered into the walls of Fort Weasel instead, revealing a chunk of rock -
and Accountant1usa has been sent to the sidelines, out.

So, after the second round of exchanges, here's where things stand:
Fatima - Knocked out by Mumzies
JohnGriffen - Knocked out by Mumzies
Ozswede - 2 hit points left and standing defiantly in the middle of the field
Mumzies 3 hit points left (unscathed!) and nearly inside Fort Weasel
Lush - Knocked out by Ozswede
rFlash8 Knocked out by Duskyduvessa while dressed as a Moose. No judgements, please.
Accountant1usa - Out, caught putting rocks in snowballs. Naughty, naughty!
Duskyduvessa - 1 hit point left, but blurry on bourbon near Fort Defiance

Our eliminated players have had their bumps tended and have been provided with warm blankets and some cocoa lightly laced with brandy as we wait to begin our likely culminating round and we crown
OUR LAST PERSON STANDING!

Round three starts now!
Send me a private message with your next move before 9:30pm Alaska Standard time (UTC -9) on Monday April 22nd. If I get all the responses back before then I'll move things along quicker.
No new players permitted at this time.

Who will be the last Mobi-ite standing?!?
Apr 21st, 2024, 8:22 pm

Apr 22nd, 2024, 6:33 am
Our chef for today is

and he has prepared for our delight

and, of course, dessert

bon appetit!

Apr 22nd, 2024, 6:33 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Apr 22nd, 2024, 1:08 pm
Cheesy Bacon Moose Burgers

and Bourbon of course