Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 1st, 2017, 5:42 pm
Will you also consider bringing back the icons?

sherlockx wrote:The Contests Team will be reviewing all of those contests to see what is worth reviving or adapting
Apr 1st, 2017, 5:42 pm

Apr 1st, 2017, 5:48 pm
pspstacy wrote:Will you also consider bringing back the icons?

sherlockx wrote:The Contests Team will be reviewing all of those contests to see what is worth reviving or adapting

I think it is improbable that Icons will be returning
Apr 1st, 2017, 5:48 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 5:55 pm
I just want to express my thanks to Guy for having given up so much of his time and effort to organise really great contests here. I really appreciate all that you've done.

I'm sorry you're now retired and the great icon contests are gone.

Thank you to Dreamy and the other contest mods who were involved with the icon contests also! I looked forward to playing those games and collecting icons every day.

Xxx
Bookie
Apr 1st, 2017, 5:55 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 6:21 pm
bookworm28 wrote:I'm sorry you're now retired and the great icon contests are gone.

I did not retire. I was fired. ;)
Apr 1st, 2017, 6:21 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm
Y'all seem ssoo serious - I can't honestly tell if you are just playing along with the April Fool's Prank or if you honestly believe it's real.
But I will put aside my skepticism and go along with it for now ...

sherlockx wrote:I think it is improbable that Icons will be returning

Honestly, I didn't like contests prizes being changed to icons.
You can't pay for requests with icons (unless you collect 7 *different* icons to turn in for WRZ$), so I would be glad if the icons were gone for good and the contests went back to awarding WRZ$. I suppose that I might like icons more if you weren't required to collect 7 different ones before being able to convert them into WRZ$.
To me, icons are a needlessly annoying step in gaining the necessary WRZ$ to pay for requests.

Sadly I believe this is just another AFD prank and the icons will be back.

TigerToLily wrote:WRZ$ are a simple necessity for requesting books

TigerToLily wrote:And let's not even speak about gifting icons. They were such a unique way to show our appreciation. Or would it really make you happy if someone just donated a bunch of WRZ$ to say "Hey. You're a great friend. I like you." Maybe it depends. I don't know....

I agree that WRZ$ is a necessity for gaining attention to your requests and a higher likelihood of your requests getting filled. However, in a artificial economy like we have with the WRZ$ system here, WRZ$ is what allows you to request and/or purchase what you want - not icons.

If I want to gift a friend a PM Increase or something else, I need WRZ$ - not icons.
If I want to make a request, I need WRZ$ - not icons.

Having a friend come bump your book request and add their WRZ$ to the reward for filling the request is a super kind way to show they care. Even if the book request doesn't get filled, it's really touching that someone showed they wanted you to have something you desired.
How about the good feeling you get when someone fills your book request and they don't want the WRZ$ for doing it - that's a real sunbeam of joy into your day. Getting a gift of a book you want is a joy!
I've been lucky enough to fill a few book requests and waive the WRZ$ rewards for the book, and the posts and PM's are really touching. Personally, I cherish a heartfelt "wow, thank you so much for the book" PM way more then I would an icon.
Through all the book requests I have made and had filled, I will always remember the kind member who filled my book request and waived the WRZ$ for it. I cherish the book more because of kindness of the special pal that brought it to me.

For me, I prefer WRZ$ over icons for the simple reason that WRZ$ is what's required to make requests and buy services here.
Again, if you could just straight up convert icons to WRZ$ without the requirement of collecting 7 different ones, I would probably not dislike the icons so much.
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:24 pm
Thank you for all the Games Guy...

You have ran and created loads of games in the Contest Section but my Fave was the Friend's Lottery ... not because of the cute little Heart ❤️ Icons but because of the idea behind it, those sweet little lines which people wrote when nominating you were so touching sometimes as you didn't even realise you had touched so many people in your own little way...

May God be with you xx
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:24 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:39 pm
wait a minute,

surely you can't be fired for being creative?
I mean, if the whole thing is just about reverting to wrz, okay fine, a return it is.
I don't understand why firing a contest manager is necessary, and a wonderful one at that :? :( :?: :?: :!:
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:39 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:57 pm
I have to tell you ..... I am still holding onto the hope that this is an April Fools Joke !!!!
I just cant understand any of this !!! There was never any drama (that i could see) everyone loved the icons..., I loved that time of the day when i was able to report i won a ........ just cant fathom that such a GREAT forum wouldn't take it's members feelings into consideration before making such a rash decision!!!!! Miss my little icon collection so much !!! Again TY Guy for all you've done here even if you weren't appreciated !!!
Apr 1st, 2017, 7:57 pm

Apr 1st, 2017, 8:00 pm
Thank you very much Guy. Your contests were wonderful and I miss playing them.
Good luck in all your future projects and I hope to see you around.
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:00 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:16 pm
Guy1731 wrote:
bookworm28 wrote:I'm sorry you're now retired and the great icon contests are gone.

I did not retire. I was fired. ;)

Oh well - win some , loose some. As they say , everyone eventually gets whats they deserve.

Time will tell if this is all a prank or real life...... me , I think that this is a case of belgian humour.
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:16 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:23 pm
pspstacy wrote:I have to tell you ..... I am still holding onto the hope that this is an April Fools Joke !!!!

I'm just wondering - has anyone actually had all their collected icons cashed out for WRZ$ ?

If all members have their icons cashed out for WRZ$ then I may consider this change to be more permanent.
If it's just a short term prank, I'm sure the contest team would not want to spend the time cashing out everyone's icons for WRZ$, only to have to deal with many member requests to "re-buy" the icons when the prank is over in a day or two.

Also, note that the icon contest threads are able to be reinstated to active with a simple unlock and move back to the main contests forum. They're not deleted.
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:23 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:30 pm
I hope it's a joke but it's not really funny. Or maybe I'll get a Fools icon tomorrow... :lol:
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:30 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:58 pm
I vote for a fools icon for all of us contestants :lol:
Apr 1st, 2017, 8:58 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm
Oh, the irony of a AFD icon for all who posted about the icons in the discussion thread :lol: that's actually pretty funny! :D

Great idea, TigerToLily :thumbup:
Apr 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm