Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
May 11th, 2014, 1:17 pm
Guy1731 wrote:
iNaina wrote: ...But some times they say they do not want WRZ ..

Well, if that isn't another way of saying 'I have an important function here, I'm not interested in playing with the 'regulars', I'm not interested in playing games' then it's very selfish because there's many 'number of posts' contests where the participation makes it important to others to win and eventually get WRZ$. They can always give back their WRZ$ if they don't want them.

i think the problem is that know knows when the contest starts and when it ends. i seem to miss it everytime by mere minutes. i thinks its the same with others. how about this guy, you can set a speicific time. like from 9pm to 10pm one day and then 8am to 9am the next day and keep changing time everyday but the us know in your last post what the posting time is gonna be next day. this way we will be prepared and will have more time to rally the troops. in return you can increase the number of posters. because we have time to prepare, we can call more abd more.
May 11th, 2014, 1:17 pm
May 11th, 2014, 3:55 pm
@ theduchessa: interesting thought,but... what specific contest are you talking about?
May 11th, 2014, 3:55 pm

May 11th, 2014, 4:19 pm
I tried to pm everyone in my group for the Please Reply and I had to individually pm the other members. Are we not allowed to pm more than one person at once?
May 11th, 2014, 4:19 pm
May 11th, 2014, 4:20 pm
TitansFan wrote:I tried to pm everyone in my group for the Please Reply and I had to individually pm the other members. Are we not allowed to pm more than one person at once?

not unless you're staff or a VIP member. or so someone said in the "Last is First" thread the other day
May 11th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Sorry, I'm no longer re-uploading expired releases.
May 11th, 2014, 4:24 pm
Thanks avoran, did not know that. I guess that is to help stop spam I totally understand.
May 11th, 2014, 4:24 pm
May 11th, 2014, 4:28 pm
Guy1731 wrote:@ theduchessa: interesting thought,but... what specific contest are you talking about?

She is talking about RUSH HOUR.

avoran wrote:
TitansFan wrote:I tried .... not allowed to pm more than one person at once?

not unless you're staff or a VIP member. or so someone said in the "Last is First" thread the other day

Avo I tried too but could not.. I guess you are right.
May 11th, 2014, 4:28 pm
May 11th, 2014, 4:30 pm
TitansFan wrote:I tried to pm everyone in my group for the Please Reply and I had to individually pm the other members. Are we not allowed to pm more than one person at once?

That's only 4 PMs to send. No big deal is it? ;)
May 11th, 2014, 4:30 pm

May 11th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Guy1731 wrote:
iNaina wrote: ...But some times they say they do not want WRZ ..

Well, if that isn't another way of saying 'I have an important function here, I'm not interested in playing with the 'regulars', I'm not interested in playing games' then it's very selfish because there's many 'number of posts' contests where the participation makes it important to others to win and eventually get WRZ$. They can always give back their WRZ$ if they don't want them.

So far I have had luck with the admins and mods I PM-ed, kudos and many thanks to them!
May 11th, 2014, 4:32 pm
May 11th, 2014, 4:39 pm
Guy1731 wrote:

No Guy it is not a big deal. Just something I did not know. As they say you never know until you ask.
May 11th, 2014, 4:39 pm
May 11th, 2014, 4:41 pm
If we're going to make contests depending on a specific time - 'like from 9pm to 10pm one day and then 8am to 9am the next day and keep changing time everyday' - (your words), I know by experience we're going to have time zone troubles and discussions. As you might notice, rush hour last for an hour and is never played at the same time. Meaning in a way, we're already changing the play hour without doing it on purpose. Now if you're talking about 'planning' the rush hour - telling in advance when it will start - then that would kill the charm of the game: starting an hour posting by surprise any time of the day, rushing users who are online to post and PM each other to post, and invite 'visiting' users to login and post.

Meaning, for the contest 'rush hour', I can't change the way we play it now. But I listen. I listen to your comments. So don't be surprised if we start another contest in a while based on your 'announced starting time' as you talked about. Watch and see... ;)
May 11th, 2014, 4:41 pm

May 11th, 2014, 5:07 pm
I prefer the randomness of the contests and see it as part of the fun and the challenge.
May 11th, 2014, 5:07 pm
May 11th, 2014, 5:29 pm
McJalm wrote:I prefer the randomness of the contests and see it as part of the fun and the challenge.

Me too.
May 11th, 2014, 5:29 pm
May 11th, 2014, 5:50 pm
TitansFan wrote:
Guy1731 wrote:

No Guy it is not a big deal. Just something I did not know. As they say you never know until you ask.

when i wasn't a vip i couldn't either. we had this discussion some days ago in the last will be the first... and i tried again, because some theorized that it's a vip thing. and it is.
May 11th, 2014, 5:50 pm
May 11th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Then why isn't there mentioned somewhere what exactly the privileges of being a VIP are?
May 11th, 2014, 5:52 pm

May 11th, 2014, 6:05 pm
mobilitic wrote:when i wasn't a vip i couldn't [do multiple PMs] either. we had this discussion some days ago in the last will be the first... and i tried again, because some theorized that it's a vip thing. and it is.

Hadn't noticed it, but I've been a VIP since before picking up my participation in the Contests.

Regarding sending PMs to Please Reply teammates, 'tis no biggie, regardless of whether you send all four at once or must do them singly. Have been a tad miffed, though, when I've been unable to PM a teammate who's disabled that feature. There's no way, then, to alert that person. Mind you, they might have excellent reasons for doing so - including receiving pestering PMs from over-enthusiastic teammates. One PM is enough, folks, just to advise members the game is afoot! :lol:

Anyway, I love the Contest section, for the camaraderie it builds.
May 11th, 2014, 6:05 pm