Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Mar 25th, 2022, 2:01 am
Has anyone else not been getting notification emails over the last few days?. Just checking to see if it is a problem on my end. I have no intention bothering anyone about such a small matter, just curious.
Mar 25th, 2022, 2:01 am
Mar 25th, 2022, 2:14 am
no I haven't been getting anything
Mar 25th, 2022, 2:14 am
Mar 25th, 2022, 4:51 am
Oh well, just me than. Strange.
Mar 25th, 2022, 4:51 am
May 4th, 2022, 4:41 am
I just want to say that I feel really down when my post on Find the Difference got 'Disallowed' because of the time zones... For the record, I checked my first before posting... And the others as well. My first post had this 'Yesterday' note as well as the others. Then I checked the recent post and they all indicated 'Today'. I just assumed that was 24 hours already. :(

I'll just wallow in misery while I wait for the next game. *ever-dramatic sigh*

Guess I should have an alarm set.
May 4th, 2022, 4:41 am
May 4th, 2022, 7:38 am
I totes feel ya Sol!Image Different contests have different rules so I had to PM H.E. for clarification and was really surprised at the result. :o I should set an alarm too since I keep posting later and later and later Image
May 4th, 2022, 7:38 am

May 4th, 2022, 2:04 pm
I'm now thinking ... If I post at 12am here in my country, I wonder if my post will finally be allowed in the game, if I posted at 1AM the next day. Pretty sure there'll be more than enough post since mine (3 posts before posting again rule).

Even my head spun from that explanation.

Gah. Sorry. English is not my first language.

@Lush Btw, Thank you for that PM!
May 4th, 2022, 2:04 pm
May 5th, 2022, 2:43 am
to clarify the 24 hour rule... in this contest it has nothing to do with one post saying "yesterday" and one saying "today", that is just telling you that you made one post yesterday and one post today based on the mobi clock. However you did not have 24 hours separating you posts. If I made a post at 11:59 pm based on the mobi clock, it would show as yesterday, but then if I posted again at 12:01 am, it would show as a post for today, but there would only be 2 minutes between my posts. What you need to pay attention to is the time you made your first post, and then you can make your next post 24 hours after that post. So if you post at 12am your time, you can then post again at 12am the next day your time.

I hope that clarifies a bit more for you :)

If you need assistance to see a time on your posts please let us know and we will be happy to help you.
May 5th, 2022, 2:43 am
May 5th, 2022, 3:38 pm
Thank you for the information, Admin 13Ice <3
May 5th, 2022, 3:38 pm
May 6th, 2022, 3:15 pm
13Ice wrote:to clarify the 24 hour rule... in this contest it has nothing to do with one post saying "yesterday" and one saying "today", that is just telling you that you made one post yesterday and one post today based on the mobi clock. However you did not have 24 hours separating you posts. If I made a post at 11:59 pm based on the mobi clock, it would show as yesterday, but then if I posted again at 12:01 am, it would show as a post for today, but there would only be 2 minutes between my posts. What you need to pay attention to is the time you made your first post, and then you can make your next post 24 hours after that post. So if you post at 12am your time, you can then post again at 12am the next day your time.

I hope that clarifies a bit more for you :)

If you need assistance to see a time on your posts please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks for the clarification! It definitely helps, though I sometimes confused the posting time when there are two or more "one post per 24 hours" contests running simultaneously. Lol.

On a curious note, does the mobi clock reflect daylight saving?
May 6th, 2022, 3:15 pm

May 6th, 2022, 5:10 pm
The mobi clock reflects what you tell it to show ;-)
If you click on "User Control Panel", then "Board Preferences", the three bottom parameters tell it what you want shown:
Image (I use classic board style, Mobilism2.0 or Mobile may look slightly different but have the same three parameters)
My parameters are set for Metropolitan France (my timezone) and summer time is now set to Yes. Last sunday of october I'll put it back to No :)
My date format is how you want the date to be shown. With my parameters, here is how hayeonj's post shows for me :

To know what "one post per 24 hours" means, read the rules of each contest carefully and don't feel shy sending a PM or a discord to the contest mod running that contest if you want to be sure ;-)
May 6th, 2022, 5:10 pm

May 7th, 2022, 2:13 am
and for me, this is what my custom settings are:

so this is what I see for hayeonj's time stamp:

and as hija said, read the rules for each contest, as the 24 hour rules can vary for each one. For example, Find the difference, is 24 hours between YOUR posts, however contest like Daily coins and Less or More, each round is open for at least 24 hours and you can only post once per round, but the 24 hours if based on when WE update.

and FYI.. as you can see we both show the hour, minute and seconds...all contests mods show seconds as we measure things in seconds and it helps to see them when deciding who posted first if more than one posts looks like they posted at the same time (for example, in Need for Speed, this is very beneficial to see who was first). Same for Chain Gang, it helps to see if someone has posted using the 5 minute rule. :wink:
May 7th, 2022, 2:13 am
May 24th, 2022, 8:09 am
I miss the epic long contests like the Atlantis search... any chance anything like that is being organized again?
May 24th, 2022, 8:09 am
Sep 1st, 2022, 10:14 am
This has definitely happened to me at times. I’ve missed a release because of it! Oops!

Misstee wrote:Has anyone else not been getting notification emails over the last few days?. Just checking to see if it is a problem on my end. I have no intention bothering anyone about such a small matter, just curious.
Sep 1st, 2022, 10:14 am
Sep 9th, 2022, 2:56 pm
Is the animal vegetable mineral game still every half an hour? The last one ended almost an hour ago, but none have started yet
Sep 9th, 2022, 2:56 pm
Sep 9th, 2022, 10:35 pm
craftyhr wrote:Is the animal vegetable mineral game still every half an hour? The last one ended almost an hour ago, but none have started yet

Rush Hour is played every day (sometimes with the Rush Hour - Word or Pic version).

The other timed contests (5 to 60 minutes depending on the contests) are run by the contest moderators when they've got time to (we all have got busy lives apart from mobilism ;-) ).
For the 15 to 30 minutes timed contests, it's usually on a rotating schedule, so they're played again 4 or 5 days later.

Notifications are sent on discord (https://discord.gg/As9DZkGXUM) and on the twitter account of the contest mod running the timed contest at the beginning of any timed contest longer than 5 minutes.
Sep 9th, 2022, 10:35 pm