Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:02 pm
i don't see why there can't be a compromise - each contest should offer either an icon reward or a sum of wrz$ and a contestant would have to state in their 1st post of a new game what they would like to get in the end the wrz$ or the icon. this way everyone would be happy.
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:02 pm
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:47 pm
I'll PM more of my thoughts directly to Guy, but I do think he was running these entertaining and fun contests extremely well with the help of Dreamy. That was a lot of effort and time spent on coming up with and executing new ideas. I'd also like Crypto to know that for a first timer, she was running her contest very smoothly. I am unsure as to why things weren't resolved better behind the scenes, without Guy having to leave once again. Things seemed to have gone south rather abruptly so it's only reasonable that folks here are left scratching their heads.

Now, I want to express agreement with some of melanthia's points. I am not as concerned with the icons themselves as much as I think the contests themselves were quite good and, at least, a couple should be allowed to stay (hopefully with Guy's blessings since he was the originator of these).

I am with melanthia in that I'd personally rather receive wrz$ for each icon earned as it is earned rather than having to wait for a collection of 7. Many of the icon games were held late at night/early morning here, so being able to participate in them was a hit/miss several times. I did appreciate the lotto style contests to help users earn these faster. That said, I personally far prefer receiving a wrz$ reward for each game individually rather than having to reach a certain number of icons before receiving any reward at all. I had only been able to convert my icons for rewards once, so I am pretty sure there were others who weren't racking up icons all that fast. In this sense, the system can be tweaked/converted/modified after the contests are adapted.
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:47 pm

Please click thanks if you like the release :)
Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Apr 1st, 2017, 11:50 pm
Huh. So Guy got fired.
Well I for one hope it's not an April fools joke.

Sadly, Guy took delight in using sarcasm, contemptuous remarks and belittling members on the forum, to try and keep them in line. And this with the very people who supported his contests.
Not the type of behavior one would expected from a senior Mod.

So I for one am not sad to see him gone.
More than once have friends and myself been at the receiving end of his ridicule and haughtiness. I refused to further engage in any of his contests because of this. And so, other than my 3 (non Guy) daily games, I haven't posted on here in... I don't even know,...over a year because I didn't feel like having to endure the wrath of Guy any longer.
Looking forward to playing more games again.
Apr 1st, 2017, 11:50 pm
Apr 2nd, 2017, 12:45 am
canmus wrote:Huh. So Guy got fired.
Well I for one hope it's not an April fools joke.

Sadly, Guy took delight in using sarcasm, contemptuous remarks and belittling members on the forum, to try and keep them in line. And this with the very people who supported his contests.
Not the type of behavior one would expected from a senior Mod.

So I for one am not sad to see him gone.
More than once have friends and myself been at the receiving end of his ridicule and haughtiness. I refused to further engage in any of his contests because of this. And so, other than my 3 (non Guy) daily games, I haven't posted on here in... I don't even know,...over a year because I didn't feel like having to endure the wrath of Guy any longer.
Looking forward to playing more games again.

Well said - I for one , in another life, was on the receiving end of guys charm and wit and as many others chose to no longer participate in these forums.

But I still believe that this a a joke ; otherwise the stuckup pink prima donna would have been actively lobbying to fill his shoes.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 12:45 am
Apr 2nd, 2017, 1:12 am
I wasn't planning on posting here since I already said what I needed to say to the people involved. After the last posts however, I do feel the need to. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I'm all for expressing it. That doesn't mean however that you should start insulting people. There are better ways to express your thoughts. Going about it this way honestly says more about you, than about the people you are insulting.
The way all of this went down, understandably has a lot of people confused and looking for some answers. This topic is therefore a good way for people to state their feelings and help give suggestions to how things could move forward from here. We are all on Mobi because we have certain interests in common: reading and having fun playing contests. I think a reminder might thus be in order. Keep your language clean, appreciate the time users put into this site, and above all, enjoy yourself!
Apr 2nd, 2017, 1:12 am
Apr 2nd, 2017, 6:37 am
Cryptologist wrote:I wasn't planning on posting here since I already said what I needed to say to the people involved. After the last posts however, I do feel the need to. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I'm all for expressing it. That doesn't mean however that you should start insulting people. There are better ways to express your thoughts. Going about it this way honestly says more about you, than about the people you are insulting.
The way all of this went down, understandably has a lot of people confused and looking for some answers. This topic is therefore a good way for people to state their feelings and help give suggestions to how things could move forward from here. We are all on Mobi because we have certain interests in common: reading and having fun playing contests. I think a reminder might thus be in order. Keep your language clean, appreciate the time users put into this site, and above all, enjoy yourself!

Well said Crypt... I have been here for a few years now and never seen drama like this!!!
As for Guys wit.... it was all in fun, I am sure there was never an evil intent behind it & if you had said something to him privately he would have made sure to watch what he said to you personally .... there are so many things I would like to say to those comments against him but that wont solve anything!!! I agree with Crypt about us all being here to have fun and share an interest & now I find myself not even wanting to log in.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 6:37 am

Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:13 am
melanthiabast wrote:If I want to make a request, I need WRZ$ - not icons.

I'm sorry that I gave you the impression that you had to play for icons to receive WRZ$ by playing contests. Beside the fact that you are wealthy when speaking of of what you have on your account (I will never be that rich!) I said before that there are many non-icon related contests left (and growing) where you can earn WRZ$. You didn't have to get icons for that. A while ago there was discussion about the inflation of wrz$ earning in contests, and I honestly believe playing for icons was an entertaining solution to that matter.

Meaning I hope for you that - if people still want to play them - most of these contests will be restarted, and the rewards reverted to wrz$ again.

And while I think about it (that's something they can't take from me), maybe I should have left a choice that rewards for winners could have been a player-based choice between icons or wrz$. Haha, ok, that will be in another life then? ;)

Have a great day!
Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:13 am
Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:20 am
Woah, I was really hoping today morning something would pop on my screen saying "PUNKED YA". But reading all the posts here, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't even imagine this forum without icons and I'm really gonna miss collecting them. In my honest opinion, it was a creative idea and Guy did a good job. Mornings are gonna be jaded without them anymore. :( Hoping things get back to how they were.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:20 am
Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:34 am
I guess you will have to live with that idea starting today, yes. It's a pity, but on the other hand it allows people for once and for all to show their real face, just like I always showed mine. It brought this forum where it is now and I don't regret it. Please cherish the moments of fun I brought you, and don't shoot on people who took it away now because they probably know better. In the end, I'm just a simple bicycle repair man...;)

Sorry, I have to use this username (as long as it's possible) because my login was just removed after the last comment above. - Guy1731
Apr 2nd, 2017, 7:34 am
Apr 2nd, 2017, 8:26 am
:o :shock: Is this for real or a joke???? Well whatever it is. :? :? :? I still stand by my following observations & remarks. :D
I think we can all say we have all had our ups and downs with a lot of people on this site. Yes sometimes we have all wanted to wrap our hands around their throats like Homer Simpson choking Bart! when we were unjustly or rudely criticized sometimes & yes even insulted etc :( :(
Yes it was always taken much more seriously when a Moderator did it.(especially when they did it in a manner not befitting their station) however I for one having experienced the good and bad side of Guy1731 have over time gotten to know him better forgiven him and really after all the games he put up for us and dedicated so much of his precious free time to them.
Cant we be reasonable human beings (instead of a lynch-mob ) and ask moderators to please reconsider his firing and allow him to continue his games (even under supervision if need be), but allow him to exit of his own accord. Befitting someone who dedicated so much of his time on here. After all these years of dedicated voluntary service surely some compromise can be made. there is a saying that goes like this.
FRIENDSHIP FLOURISHES AT THE FOUNTAIN OF FORGIVENESS!.
So can we all humble ourselves to say that we are all human and we have all at one time or another made huge mistakes & admit that none of us are perfect, & that we all need to be forgiven at some point.
let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
So in my humble view there is only one question to ask ourselves are we Forgiving Human Beings or an enraged Lynch Mob?
I for one can say you will be missed Guy1731 thank you for all your time and hard work in providing us with games and thank you for your many many years of patient fun providing service.
What i am most thankful for is getting to know you better so much so that whom i once thought was a sworn enemy at one stage, became and evolved into a very tolerable and kind caring Forgiven friend. take care be safe & *God Bless you and your Family always Guy*. goodbye /good-luck from the resident wolf ;-) :wave: :clap: thank you so much for everything :clap: :wave:
Apr 2nd, 2017, 8:26 am

Apr 2nd, 2017, 12:53 pm
Misslexicon wrote:Woah, I was really hoping today morning something would pop on my screen saying "PUNKED YA". But reading all the posts here, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't even imagine this forum without icons and I'm really gonna miss collecting them. In my honest opinion, it was a creative idea and Guy did a good job.Hoping things get back to how they were.

this.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 12:53 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 1:13 pm
Fortune_maker wrote:Sorry, I have to use this username (as long as it's possible) because my login was just removed after the last comment above. - Guy1731

For the avoidance of doubt: I have checked Guy1731's account and his login is intact, nobody has touched this account since his moderator's rights were removed.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 1:13 pm
Apr 2nd, 2017, 4:33 pm
Yes it works now, thank you, merry60. Probably a mistake at my end, no doubt at all.
Apr 2nd, 2017, 4:33 pm
Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:14 am
To All the moderators & competition organizers & owner of this site.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to you all, for dedicating so much of your precious time and energy to making this site a pleasurable one for all of us.
a SPECIAL THANK YOU also to 13ice and br195 bear for all your hard work. that provides us in the southern hemisphere a chance to play games we would otherwise miss out on we all greatly appreciate it!
May we all be grateful! You all work so hard to make sure we are all entertained when we log in here to get away from all our real life problems. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Let us all be thankful for what we do have, rather than focusing on what we don't have ei icons wrz etc etc it is after all the friends and fun we all have and make on this site that makes all the difference!
Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:14 am

Apr 3rd, 2017, 3:23 am
I'd like to second matina's thanks to all of Mobilism's moderators and volunteers . . . with special thanks to br bear, Ice, kat, dreamer, emmilina and Diva . . . You put in so much time and deserve lots of appreciation! Volunteer Alessa has also sent me countless rewards as she goes about her busy life.
Apr 3rd, 2017, 3:23 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle