Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Oct 29th, 2017, 6:53 pm
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy the "Show Me Yours" contest thread. It is so enjoyable and interesting to see pictures from all over the world and little bits and pieces from everyones lives! It's my absolute favorite! :)
Oct 29th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Oct 29th, 2017, 8:55 pm
thank you Lizzieb :) I agree with all you said too!
Oct 29th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Oct 31st, 2017, 1:57 pm
Since people are throwing accolades around, I would like to do the same.
The Create a Image contests are outstanding. First, they are a TON OF FUN to participate in. They take some time and thought, and that's half the fun. The other half is looking at the creativity of the members. There are many very talented people here, and these contests help put it on display for all to view.

I just want to thank the staff for including them. And I hope there are many more.
Oct 31st, 2017, 1:57 pm

Oct 31st, 2017, 11:55 pm
Thanks John we've run a number of those type of contests and I also love seeing how creative everyone is, some put a lot of effort into their creations. I particularly like it when members who've never tried anything like that before have a go
There will definitely be more and I've already got a couple in the planning stage for later in the year.
Oct 31st, 2017, 11:55 pm
Nov 1st, 2017, 3:10 am
nonny, I'll also add my thanks to those of John, to you and kat and others who run such great contests here at Mobilism. My favourite continues to be 'Show Me Yours' and I never tire of seeing new pictures daily.
Nov 1st, 2017, 3:10 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Nov 14th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Help needed: after some miss posts I thought I had posting worked out. A few minutes ago I had cat and mouse open at the end of the the last round and I refreshed the page in firefox and I could see a round just started with a couple of posts, so I posted to the new round. When i viewed my post, it was actually several minutes after a round had finished. This has happened before and I put it down to not paying attention, but this time I am pretty sure of what I did.

Are there any suggestions about what I should be doing differently? Are there issues with refreshing vs going back to the contests page.

I am also curious that my post number is lower than the post following it but its received time is a minute after the post following it.
Nov 14th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Nov 15th, 2017, 12:47 am
doh2 wrote:Are there any suggestions about what I should be doing differently? Are there issues with refreshing vs going back to the contests page.

I am also curious that my post number is lower than the post following it but its received time is a minute after the post following it.

Hi doh2
Very strange indeed, Cat or Mouse started at 21:09 UTC and finished at 21:39, you posted at 21:58 so it was a while after the contest ended. Are you sure it wasn't my end post you saw?

Your post number was #42207 and the post after it #42208 was definitely timed after yours.
Maybe you could send me a screenshot by PM of whats showing on your screen so that I can look into it for you?

My suggestion would be instead of having the contest thread open, keep an eye on the contest index page, as when a contest starts and people start posting the activity will bump it to the top of the list ;)

Additionally if you have a Twitter account its worth following the Contest Staff members as we normally tweet the start of timed contests ;)
Contest Staff Twitter account details are listed here
Nov 15th, 2017, 12:47 am
Nov 15th, 2017, 5:32 am
Thank you, all good information, especially the twitter one as a lot of games start or finish very early or very late in my time zone.

After some thought and a test, I know what is happening and it is embarrassingly obvious. If you leave the page open on the post that says a' new game will start shortly' and that was say page 1111, when you refresh the page it refreshes page 1111 where it looks like a game is starting. But on subsequent pages the game may have played through and finished. Not noticing that there are more pages in the thread and going to the last one was the mistake.
Nov 15th, 2017, 5:32 am
Nov 28th, 2017, 9:49 am
Just wanted to thank you all for the recent Meme Marathon.
It can only be summed up in one word. BRILLIANT!

It seems people were really excited about it, and the forum was jumping during the entire 24 hours.
I can't believe that many members managed to meet your goal of posting every hour.

Contests like this are just another reason why this place is so special.

Thank you for the 52 pages of laughs.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nov 28th, 2017, 9:49 am

Nov 28th, 2017, 7:01 pm
johngriffen wrote:Just wanted to thank you all for the recent Meme Marathon.

It seems people were really excited about it, and the forum was jumping during the entire 24 hours.
I can't believe that many members managed to meet your goal of posting every hour.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wanted to participate in it but I didn't think I had any good ideas :lol: :lol: I've been so lazy in mobilism lately
Nov 28th, 2017, 7:01 pm
Nov 29th, 2017, 10:59 pm
johngriffen wrote:Just wanted to thank you all for the recent Meme Marathon.

Thank you for your kind comments John :D

Its a lot to ask members to post in 24 consecutive hourly rounds and I too was very impressed by the amount that managed to do it :crazy:
It was a good fun and I certainly had a few laughs along the way but that said, it was also hard work and a lot of commitment for everyone who went without sleep participating.

With the seasonal festivities and holiday period fast approaching I'm sure you won't have to wait too long before we do another one...watch out for further info ;)
Nov 29th, 2017, 10:59 pm
Dec 5th, 2017, 3:21 am
ImageImage to all the moderators and admin staff for making this site just such an awesome SANCTUARY for EVERYONE to find friends games books and anything one needs to be distracted for as little or long as one wants from their real life :lol: :lol: :lol: Imagefor donating so much of your free time and all the hard work you guys do to make it one of the BEST SITES ONLINE.
Image thank you all :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :angel: :angel: :angel:
i would however like to see some more emojis kissing and hugging ones please :lol: :lol: 8)
Dec 5th, 2017, 3:21 am

Dec 9th, 2017, 1:42 am
So I'm hyped to hear that Nonny might be doing another meme marathon...could we get more contest like that for the season...like a big payoff on Christmas day or Christmas eve something with 12 days of Christmas perhaps? I know that 12 days is suppose to be between 25th December and 5th January (something so?) but it will be cool to have something leading up to Christmas, pppppleaseeee :cry:

Disclaimer: please do not hold it against the poster(? :think: ) if this is not the forum for contest suggestions :D
Dec 9th, 2017, 1:42 am
Dec 12th, 2017, 11:10 pm
:wave: Hi everyone...me again

The contest "The Hunt is On" by Contests Team...anyone can join in at anytime. Or have to wait until the game is over? Although it's kinda late to be asking that question now isn't it? :think: :roll:
Dec 12th, 2017, 11:10 pm
Dec 12th, 2017, 11:20 pm
Hi FoxAcid, yes kinda late to be asking that question. You're right though players were welcome to join in anytime while it was running ;)
Dec 12th, 2017, 11:20 pm