Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jan 1st, 2015, 8:17 pm

Contests - Announcements

News and Announcements from the Contests Team
Jan 1st, 2015, 8:17 pm
Jan 1st, 2015, 9:24 pm
Ranking Regulation 2015

First of all: We, the C-Team, wish you a wonderful year ahead! May 2015 fill your hearts with new hopes and bring you promises of a brighter tomorrow. That, and lots of winnings. :D

Now, about the rankings: Many of you might have seen this coming; to others it may come as a complete surprise. The fact of the matter is that the rankings in several contests cannot be eternal. Some contests need a fresh start to update the opening posts with updated rules and, especially for the newcomers, a realistic challenge to become a ranking leader if this is involved. So, instead of resetting them completely, we agreed on a system as fair and just as possible to regulate these rankings. Starting today all ranks will be halved bi-annually (twice a year--January 1 and July 1). The reduced ranking will be rounded up; e.g., 101 will be 51; 51 will be 26; 25 will be 13; etc., ... and 1 stays 1. Also, there will be some changes in rewards and rules. All changes are listed below.

Affected contests are:

The first posts of these contests have been rewritten completely to include the aforementioned changes.

Thanks for your attention and enjoy! :)
Jan 1st, 2015, 9:24 pm
Last edited by Anonnymouse on Jul 1st, 2017, 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jan 19th, 2015, 11:14 pm
Rule change for Rush Hour

Pollution of the Rush Hour topic is getting worse and worse; users keep posting when Rush Hours have ended, so that's why, starting today ..

Future Rush Hours will be shortened one minute for every post made more than 10 minutes after the volunteer post*.

The topic will no longer be locked between Rush Hours, no posts edited by us and no more warnings will be sent.

If there are 7 posts after the last volunteer post* (+10 minutes) the next Rush Hour will only be 53 minutes long instead of the usual whole hour. A clear warning will be added to the volunteer post*. Also, the volunteer will be asked to PM the contest staff member who closed that Rush Hour once he/she is finished donatewarding, instead of posting in the topic.

(*or closing post in case we didn't reach the goal for that Rush Hour)

That's all, thank you. ;)
Jan 19th, 2015, 11:14 pm
Mar 2nd, 2015, 11:50 pm
Eternal Trickster takes a break

Our beloved friend and colleague sherlockx will be away for a while.

He'll reappear when you least expect it (but likely haunt you in your sleep in the meantime :twisted: :twisted:).
Mar 2nd, 2015, 11:50 pm
Mar 2nd, 2015, 11:51 pm
Image  Image

The Post Order Issue

You may or may not have noticed that some contests are affected by this issue ...

From time to time almost-simultaneously-made posts show up in the wrong order.

Occasionally this happens in UcoM - STAFF members, The last will be the first..., So, you like to race? and others. Basically in any contest that involves posting at high speed or precise timing. Posts that are made seconds from each other show in the wrong order for some and in the right for others, and sometimes they'll switch to the right order only after some time. This seems to be a technical flaw of the forum software. Mobilism's technicians are aware of it and looking for a way to fix it. Now; the post order issue causes certain problems in contests. We came up with a (temporary) solution.

Ever in doubt which of a couple or more almost-simultaneously-made posts was first and which was last ?

Check the numbers in the direct links!

The direct links will show you a (site) post number (these are different from the thread post numbers). Every single post on mobilism gets a number; the first post ever made was #1, second one #2, .. and today we're somewhere around #2500000.

You can check what number each post has by clicking on the clock icon Image in the new Mobilism2.0 template -or- by clicking on the post# in the old Classic template. See arrows above this announcement for their location(s). Clicking it will give you a JavaScript pop-up with the direct link to a post.

Direct links look like this:
      Code: Select allhttp://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=11842#11842
      Code: Select allhttp://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=206037#206037
      Code: Select allhttp://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=2501992#2501992

The numbers in these direct links are always in chronological order, no matter in what order the posts show for you (or for us).

So these are the post numbers that we consider "sacred" while rewarding.

We hope this clears things up, carry on. ;)
Mar 2nd, 2015, 11:51 pm
Mar 12th, 2015, 6:38 pm
United colors of MOBILISM - STAFF members rules & rewards update

Most of you probably noticed that the number of Contest Managers increased, :D and because there is a special reward for "catching" contest staff showing online in the STAFF members contest, the rules and rewards needed to be updated accordingly.

Starting from today:
      An extra contest staff reward for every 4 or more contest managers* showing online in your screenshot.

* Anonnymouse, Guy1731, katkatj, m0o5, raindrops, sherlockx and xdat

• Catching 4 contest managers (in the same screenshot) will now produce a supplementary reward of 10 WRZ$.
    • Catching 5 contest managers will now produce a supplementary reward of 50 WRZ$.
    • Catching 6 contest managers will now produce a supplementary reward of 100 WRZ$.
    • Catching andree will also produce a supplementary reward of 100 WRZ$!

There is also one more change in the rules: you can use Mobilism Image Host for hosting your screenshots again.

For complete updated rules of the United colors of MOBILISM - STAFF members contest check out updated first post.

That would be all, have fun! :)
Mar 12th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Mar 20th, 2015, 3:56 pm
Multiple Identities

Whilst we continue to consider the issue of multiple identities, anyone found using multiple identities to defraud or manipulate contests will receive an immediate ban on all identities & have all their WRZ$ confiscated.

I have warned you.
Mar 20th, 2015, 3:56 pm
Mar 30th, 2015, 1:20 pm
Recent Issues

It has been decided that I will be the sole spokesperson for the issues that have recently arisen on behalf of all the contest mods & assistants.
    All communications on the subject should be sent by pm to me alone.
    Firstly an update: We are still awaiting information about flood control & posting restrictions from the Admins who know about those. So I would ask you to please bear with me until I have that information.

Two other issues have also come up:
    1) Mods posting themselves in contests. I see no reason why Mods should not continue to do so provided it is not to the detriment of other members. Sometimes it is done to prod a contest back to life or give it an alternative direction. But apart from anything else is there a good reason Mods cannot have fun as well?
    2) Censorship, I think we give you a lot of leeway and we all enjoy banter and light hearted teasing. I am a Moderator and that derives from the verb Moderate.
    keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense:

I would also refer you to the site rules which can be found here
    viewtopic.php?p=614958#614958
    #1.1 Flaming is not allowed. Racism, as well as flaming and insulting members will not be tolerated. Treat others positively and with respect

I will enforce that rule strictly. Be Warned.

Finally I am not a happy bunny. I wanted a few weeks sabbatical to catch up with other things and I appear to be called back to deal with miscreants. Should I change my name to be "The Grim Reaper"?

This is being posted in both announcements and discussion topic , the latter to give you the opportunity to comment.
Mar 30th, 2015, 1:20 pm
Mar 31st, 2015, 11:09 am
The Judgment of sherlockx

I have now completed my investigations into the issues & allegations arising over the weekend and I thank you all for your forbearance.

My Findings:
    I find as fact the following:
    PinkWorld was made a Contest Assistant
    PinkWorld asked Guy1731 if it was ok to continue to play contests as before and he answered yes.
    At this point in time neither Guy nor PinkWorld realised that the posting delay limit (currently 30 secs) had been lifted from PinkWorld (indeed that has only just been confirmed by lifehacker).
    No one told PinkWorld that there was a posssibility that she might no longer be subject to the post control limit.
    PinkWorld continued to post in contests from her phone and due to the limitations of the device & her network it was not apparent to her that there was no longer a post control limit.

On the basis of the above I completely exonerate PinkWorld from all allegations of cheating and unsporting behaviour.

The Future:
    1) Moderators & contest Assistants playing in contests: For the reasons set out in the previous announcement I see no reason to call a halt to this with the exception of race type contests. From now on no Moderator or Contest Assistant will play in race type contests. I am aware that in the past many of us have helped contestants struggling to finish by posting in race contests at the specific request of other members and I am included in those who have helped. Do not ask again it will not happen.

2) New Moderators & Contest Assistants: I will ensure that all new ones receive a complete briefing.

3) Free Speech: I have been criticised for censorship. I am proud of what I did. I enjoy banter, innuendo, jokes, risque comments and light hearted teasing (think of what I put up with for that month I had that awful sig).
    I will not tolerate flaming, baiting or insults. My direction is that all Mods will adopt a zero tolerance attitude to this unacceptable behaviour starting with locking down TLWBTF. You have been warned.

4) If you have a concern or problem with another member contact a Moderator first.

Please let us keep this a happy friendly board.
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Now can I continue with my sabbatical?
Mar 31st, 2015, 11:09 am
Jun 5th, 2015, 12:58 pm
Expired contests

Hello. Expired, ended and contests on hold will now be moved to a new section here: Expired contests. These contest will still be viewable, but closed, meaning you can't post on them any more.

This will help to keep the contests section clean.

@mods: Please don't forget to remove (un-check) the shadow links when you move a topic there.
Jun 5th, 2015, 12:58 pm
Sep 15th, 2015, 8:31 am
The boss is away !! :lol:

In English: I won't be here tomorrow 16/09 between 8am and 4:30pm (no internet).

Make sure you behave while I'm away... ;)
Sep 15th, 2015, 8:31 am
Sep 20th, 2015, 1:55 am
Eternal Trickster takes another break

I shall be away for a while but my bots will keep me informed as to what is going on!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sep 20th, 2015, 1:55 am
Sep 25th, 2015, 8:27 pm
Adverts

To preserve the nature of The last will be the first...
    From now on no one above the level of vip may post any adverts for any other contest or forum in The last will be the first... thread.
    For those affected you have Discussion topic or Free Talk in which to relieve your frustrations.
    Advert definition The activity of attracting public attention to an item.

For those of you who are exempt from this rule remember do not spam the thread with adverts I will be watching.
Sep 25th, 2015, 8:27 pm
Oct 22nd, 2015, 10:06 pm
Spam

We are aware of the fact that since last week spambots or spammers became significantly more active than usual. Not only in our section, but everywhere on Mobilism.

Now, whenever you encounter spamposts or topics -anywhere- please don't send us or other staff members PM's about it but hit the report button instead.

The report button looks like this in Mobilism2.0 board style : Image or like this in Classic board style : Image

Hit that button, select Spam in the drop-down menu as reason and press submit. Any moderator will then see that report and the spam will be removed as soon as possible.

Thank you ! :)
Oct 22nd, 2015, 10:06 pm