Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Oct 28th, 2015, 11:36 pm
New rule added in "Daily posting guess..."

Starting from the next reward post there will be slight change in rules of "Daily posting guess..." contest:

"The last guesser before rewarding cannot win and is out for the next day."

Kat has spoken Image
Oct 28th, 2015, 11:36 pm
Jan 24th, 2016, 11:00 am
Announcement coming soon

Fire burn and water bubble
    Last & first ,now there's the rubble
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win
    For the times they are a-changin'
    https://youtu.be/0xerE0pbJKQ
    edit it is proposed to make changes in the reward system for TLWBTF starting 1st February 2016. Please shoot the messenger he would enjoy the peace & quiet
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jan 24th, 2016, 11:00 am
Jan 31st, 2016, 10:25 pm
Contest Manager Daily Bonus

The Last Will be the First
    After a lot of thought and schadenfreude we have decided to make some changes to its purpose and the rewards.
    From the 1st February 2016 TLWBTF will no longer be a contest and there will be no further daily rewards for posters in this thread nor will there be any ranking.

Contest Manager Daily Bonus
    To replace this reward we are introducing a Contest Manager Daily Bonus. Each of the Contest Managers will have A Daily Bonus Reward, which may be given away on a daily basis when they are active on the forum to the last poster, at that point in time in any active thread, including TLWBTF.

A contest manager will edit a poster's post to indicate the reward and also post the appropriate image below.

Image Image Image
    Image Image
    Image Image Image

We will not be closing TLWBTF; instead it will remain purely as a chat thread - somewhere to hang out, have a chat or just say Hi!

The first post of TLWBTF has been rewritten to reflect the above changes. As to how and when my colleagues will decide to pounce, I have no idea but personally I will be using kaos theory (the old soak).

Please have no hesitation in shooting the messenger.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jan 31st, 2016, 10:25 pm
Jun 5th, 2016, 8:25 pm
United colors of MOBILISM - STAFF members rules update

Two major changes in this contest:
      There will be 5 valid posts between your valid previous post and your actual post.
    Instead of 2 valid posts in between like it used to be, we need 5 of them now.
    The new rule will give a chance for new players to join the game.

NO editing allowed
    That's self-explanatory. All edited posts will be disallowed.

Finally, please pay attention to the rules! Some of you were conveniently forgetting about one of them "If you delete a post you cannot, under any circumstance, replace your post by another one"
      DO NOT do it.

Have fun! :)
Jun 5th, 2016, 8:25 pm
Aug 25th, 2016, 12:45 pm
Update to Site Rules (link)

There has been an extensive update to the Site Rules. These updates include but are not limited to changes to the rules regarding your participation in the Contest Section.

We want you to have fun and enjoy your time in the contest section but we also want fairness and respect for all our members.

Remember it is your responsibility to read and comply with these rules.
Aug 25th, 2016, 12:45 pm
Sep 29th, 2016, 6:24 pm
May I ask you to welcome the 4 nags of the apocalypse, oops new contest assistants

13Ice
br195
melanthiabast
tennisfan

All these lovely ladies are from the Americas so they will be helping with the night shift
Sep 29th, 2016, 6:24 pm
Oct 23rd, 2016, 10:19 am
Moderation of Contests

It has come to our attention that small minority of the regulars in contests have decided that it is appropriate for them to advise other members via private message what they can and cannot post in contests. Let us be clear, nobody has our authority or permission to do this. It is against the site rules.

The only people who have any authority for this type of private message are the Contest Moderators and if we are advised that anyone else has taken it upon themselves to moderate peoples posts by telling them what or when they can post, we will take appropriate disciplinary action.

We like that this is a friendly section where people help each other out, but there is a fine line between offering friendly assistance and telling someone what they can and cannot do. Please do not overstep the mark.
Oct 23rd, 2016, 10:19 am
Nov 20th, 2016, 10:52 am
sherlockx wrote:Multiple Identities

Whilst we continue to consider the issue of multiple identities, anyone found using multiple identities to defraud or manipulate contests will receive an immediate ban on all identities & have all their WRZ$ confiscated.

I have warned you.

Just to remind you: 3 accounts got hammered yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nov 20th, 2016, 10:52 am
Dec 2nd, 2016, 6:02 pm
For those who missed the whole drama in 'Discussion Topic', our conclusion:

raindrops wrote:
thebomb wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

quick unrelated question: how do contests die?

By moderators getting fed up with the whining of contestants with too much WRZ$ for amassing an even bigger pile...
If this goes on we might all take an extended holiday, and close the contest section while we do.
We decide how much we believe a post in a certain contest is worth, as we organize them.
It was discussed, it was decided, our decision stays!

And let me be clear on this, sending PM's falsly accusing members to further ignite this case, as we know quite a lot of members received today, won't help in the least.

Contests are meant to be fun, not a source of misery, lies and other trouble.
We do this job voluntarily, there are other ways we could spend our free time that might give more gratitude...
Think about that before you take actions.
Dec 2nd, 2016, 6:02 pm
Dec 12th, 2016, 3:26 pm
Despite my somewhat cavalier responses all of us do read your opinions and discuss them amongst ourselves.
Dec 12th, 2016, 3:26 pm

sherlockx The Eternal Trickster
Dec 31st, 2016, 5:47 pm

Dec 31st, 2016, 5:47 pm
Feb 27th, 2017, 3:51 pm
Thank you for playing the Icons contests games. For those who find it difficult to track the topics about Contest Icons, we created a summary post here:

Contest Icons topics summary

In time we shall complete that topic with replies to most asked questions, and practical hints. Bookmark it, and you will always find your way around.
Feb 27th, 2017, 3:51 pm
Mar 31st, 2017, 5:58 pm
Dear members. I did not ask for permission to start Icon games. My apologies. By this, all icon games are terminated. It was fun as long as it lasted. Do not ask me to explain, because I do not understand myself. I'm sure there are more clever people on this forum who see the logic in this.

Have fun.
Mar 31st, 2017, 5:58 pm
Mar 31st, 2017, 7:30 pm
For the avoidance of doubt

I did not ask Guy to cancel his icon contests nor have I ever implied that he needed permission to run them
I asked him not to authorise any member run contests without first canvassing the rest of the contest team whether it conflicted with any ideas in development and without asking whether any of them had any objection.
Mar 31st, 2017, 7:30 pm