The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:16 pm
Thank you, Paula, for your testify, and welcome. I moved your post to the Comics Lounge, as this is the place we share our enthusiasm. I hope you continue to have a lot of joy reading comics posted here.

Crazy about comics? Then visit these topics: Comics news - Comics reviews. - Comics writers - Comics contests - Comics list - Similar Comics - Comics publishers - Webcomics - Motion Comics - Comics Knowledge Base - Comics: Whois? - Video reviews - Comics Art gallery - Comic book easter eggs
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:16 pm
Jun 25th, 2012, 6:13 pm
It come to my attention that nowadays we have some comics packed in Mobi file type, like in this post: Pokemon Adventures Vol 1-39 by Hidenori Kusaka (.MOBI), quiet strange but Amazon sells some titles in mobi format to read it with Kindle.

And in case you want to try to read comics in mobi, you can use any mobi reader like Micr*soft Mobi Reader, or you can try Kindle for PC software for free (but you have to registered using your email) from here: Amazon.com or here if Amazon doesn't support your country: Kindle for PC.

Note:
    Thanks to Zackdog for Kindle for PC software's link.
Jun 25th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Labor Omnia Vincit Improbus... Hard Work Conquers Everything!
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:51 am
There is another program that lets you read .Mobi files on your PC or mobile devices.

BTW, it can read .Mobi, .PRC, or .AZW files -they are all versions of .Mobi files. Mobipocket's brand name for a .PRC file is .Mobi, Amazon's brand name for a .PRC file is .AZW.

Mobipocket Reader - FREE program (This is what I use to read my .Mobi books. :D )

Left side.

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/downloadso ... anguage=EN

If you want to make them, go to the right side and get the Mobipocket Creator Publisher Edition.

Right side, SECOND download. (You get more choices with the Publisher Edition than you do with the Home Edition)

Mobipocket Creator 4.2 Publisher Edition -FREE- allows publishers to create their ebooks with an easy-to-use content authoring tool, and target customers who read on their PDA, smartphone or PC. This software also includes Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word & Text File Import wizards.

IF you get the Publisher version.

It can handle .PDF, Word, HTML and TXT files as the source and turn any of them into .Mobi files.

Jun 26th, 2012, 11:51 am

Post rewarded by Ojay on Jun 26th, 2012, 12:23 pm.
Great, Thanks Bo!

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Jul 8th, 2012, 1:02 pm
Hi, I am trying to find out if there are any English versions of Thomas Mosdi's work - Succubes. I think it has 3 chapters:
1. Camilla
2. Roxelane
and
3. Eanna

Can anyone help?
Jul 8th, 2012, 1:02 pm
Jul 30th, 2012, 11:18 pm
How much money you will spend if you want to be Batman??

Ehm... see it below. :o

Jul 30th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Sep 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm
masrah wrote:Hi, I am trying to find out if there are any English versions of Thomas Mosdi's work - Succubes. I think it has 3 chapters:
1. Camilla
2. Roxelane
and
3. Eanna

Can anyone help?

Yes, Succubes it's three issues by Thomas Mosdi (Check this: http://www.bedetheque.com/serie-20335-BD-Succubes.html)
I only have issue #1 but in French, so far.
I don't know whether its scanlated (into English) or not, sorry. :(

Image Image Image
Sep 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Nov 9th, 2012, 10:43 pm
Has anyone read the "Who is Jake Ellis" comics? Are they any good?
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:43 pm
Nov 11th, 2012, 7:43 pm
xxjoshxx1225 wrote:Has anyone read the "Who is Jake Ellis" comics? Are they any good?

"Who is Jake Ellis"
      Jon Moore is the most demanded spy-for-hire in Europe's criminal under- world. This is due in large part because of Jake Ellis, a psychic man who is invisible to everyone except Moore. When a deal goes bad, the only one who can protect Moore from Europe's most dangerous criminals is Jake Ellis. No one but Moore can see Jake Ellis, but Jake Ellis is aware of everything.

The graphics is good, the story is typical but there's spies elements and also Sci fi... Eh wait, there's another suprise too, and it's many!
Better you should see this post: Who is Jake Ellis? by Nathan Edmondson and Tonci Zonjic
Sorry for such a late.
Nov 11th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Dec 10th, 2012, 9:19 am
As many of my mirrors are uploaded on uplly.com, and this server doesn't make part of our mobilism Downloader, I thought this information might be welcome:

From uplly.com: 'We are giving out free premium memberships to anyone that sends us a support ticket asking for one.'

Meaning you should head over here: http://uplly.com/support/ and simply ask for a premium account.

Download those comics! ;)
Dec 10th, 2012, 9:19 am
Dec 27th, 2012, 6:52 pm
Announcements

Hi Folks, today I receive a pm from tanim1, he need us to support his works in scanlation (scan and translation) some European Comics by helping him in. So maybe you can help him. If you want to participate or having some question about the works, don't hesistate to post your question here.

tanim1 wrote:I have a huge number of comics that need to be re-texted or some that need to be simply edited. But all my regular people are really busy. Do you know anyone who can help me? I've translated at least a dozen comics, but haven't been able to find many people to help me for the last 2/3 months.

If you're familiar with European Comics, such as Aquablue, Golden City, Navis/Wake, etc, that mostly in French, then you must be known that some of it NOT printed/published in English, by so the group/person that make a way to translate it to English called Scanlator (from scanner, translater and editor).
The works itself are (please correct me if I'm wrong):
    1. Provided Raw materials, books with original language to be scanned
    2. Translating and cleaning, translate (the image from scan) and clean all the original text/language and make a/some adjust.
    3. Proofing, checking and correcting words and sentences the translated text from mistyped and misrepresented
    4. Retexting/typesetting/editing, put the translated text and places it into the 'cleaned' raw, and make a/some adjust before release the book.

So, anyone?!
Dec 27th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Dec 28th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Ojay wrote:
Announcements

Hi Folks, today I receive a pm from tanim1, he need us to support his works in scanlation (scan and translation) some European Comics by helping him in. So maybe you can help him. If you want to participate or having some question about the works, don't hesistate to post your question here.

tanim1 wrote:I have a huge number of comics that need to be re-texted or some that need to be simply edited. But all my regular people are really busy. Do you know anyone who can help me? I've translated at least a dozen comics, but haven't been able to find many people to help me for the last 2/3 months.

If you're familiar with European Comics, such as Aquablue, Golden City, Navis/Wake, etc, that mostly in French, then you must be known that some of it NOT printed/published in English, by so the group/person that make a way to translate it to English called Scanlator (from scanner, translater and editor).
The works itself are (please correct me if I'm wrong):
    1. Provided Raw materials, books with original language to be scanned
    2. Translating and cleaning, translate (the image from scan) and clean all the original text/language and make a/some adjust.
    3. Proofing, checking and correcting words and sentences the translated text from mistyped and misrepresented
    4. Retexting/typesetting/editing, put the translated text and places it into the 'cleaned' raw, and make a/some adjust before release the book.

So, anyone?!

I have the following that need to be re-texted: 1 Alex (Alix), 4 Wayne Sheltons, 2 Tex Willers, 2 Dylan Dogs, 1 Dampyr and 2 Lady S comics. If you can help me re-text, please contact me
Dec 28th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Jan 7th, 2013, 8:42 pm
Greetings, "Ojay," and other Mobilism members,

My name is Nathan Edmondson, writer of THE ACTIVITY, WHO IS JAKE ELLIS? and a number of other books. I see that you've offered--at least--the ones I've mentioned for free download on your forum here.

I'm not going to waste my time telling you how "wrong" and "obnoxious" and "illegal" this practice is. But I'll say: I was up at 4:30 a.m. this morning to get as much writing done as possible before I had to take care of my 9 week old daughter while my wife left for work.

I'm not interested in trying to find you out or turn you over or plug the leak or any of that nonsense. I'm not interested in any of you, at all, period, really.

...though you'd best not identify yourself to me in person, because you're likely to find out what "Warfare Without Warning" really means, because the theft of my work comes out of my pocket, my collaborator's pocket, my family's pocket.

Cheers.
Jan 7th, 2013, 8:42 pm
Jan 7th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Friendly fellow, Jay. Remove his books.
Jan 7th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Jan 8th, 2013, 12:48 am
nedmondson wrote:Greetings, "Ojay," and other Mobilism members,

My name is Nathan Edmondson, writer of THE ACTIVITY, WHO IS JAKE ELLIS? and a number of other books. I see that you've offered--at least--the ones I've mentioned for free download on your forum here.

I'm not going to waste my time telling you how "wrong" and "obnoxious" and "illegal" this practice is. But I'll say: I was up at 4:30 a.m. this morning to get as much writing done as possible before I had to take care of my 9 week old daughter while my wife left for work.

I'm not interested in trying to find you out or turn you over or plug the leak or any of that nonsense. I'm not interested in any of you, at all, period, really.

...though you'd best not identify yourself to me in person, because you're likely to find out what "Warfare Without Warning" really means, because the theft of my work comes out of my pocket, my collaborator's pocket, my family's pocket.

Cheers.

Dear nedmondson, I assume that you are The Mr. Nathan Edmondson himself. Greetings and wellcome to Mobilism, Sir.
I also assume that by writing your words here you want me to remove your books from this site too. Well, you can check by now that all the links are removed and the posts locked as you wish. The posts doesn't removed but stay to prevent others members from making posts for the same books in the future.

Guy1731 wrote:Friendly fellow, Jay. Remove his books.

Done! thanks Guy.
Jan 8th, 2013, 12:48 am

Jan 30th, 2013, 2:42 am
Short and to the point reviews.

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 and The Superior Spider-Man #01 are just plain awful. Why did Marvel create this "death of Spider-Man" nonsense and have Octavuis become Peter Parker/Spider-Man (complete with his memories and conscience) which causes him to undergo a sudden change of heart. Talk about cheapening 50 years of one of the icons of Marvel Comics. I can wait without bated breath for the return of the original Peter Parker/Spider-Man in twelve months or so.
Jan 30th, 2013, 2:42 am