The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Jun 15th, 2011, 3:22 pm
And while you're busy doing nothing... Maybe challenge comics releasers to make the longest 'chain' of daily comics releases... Hihi, I'm in! ;)
Jun 15th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Jun 18th, 2011, 7:57 pm
Zacharie wrote:And while you're busy doing nothing...

Errr..sound familiar to me.. Where's did I read it before, ummm....??! ;)
Zacharie wrote:Maybe challenge comics releasers to make the longest 'chain' of daily comics releases... Hihi, I'm in! ;)

I will, but can some one beat you here?? Eh, Zach, What about making a new release contest for limited time, says one or two hour long, with 1000 wrz$ Prize from my wallet. If you agree (please ask Mr. Guy 1731 about this too, 'couse he always has awesome ideas, would you?! ;) ) then I'll prepare the invite and make announce about this.
Here the rules (so far):
    1. for member who want to join, he/she must register in comics lounge (here) first.
    2. time limited between min 1 hour, max 3 hour.
    3. cbr/cbz format.
    4. oneshot minimum file size is 5 MB, max 200 MB per post.
    5. Series minimum file size is 5 MB max 101 MB, max 20 issues per post.
    6. Every +1 mirrors= 0.25 add to point.
    7. every participant's new release must pass mobilism post guide line.
    8. the contest will only start with minimum 3 participant.

Any suggestion, Zach?
Jun 18th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Labor Omnia Vincit Improbus... Hard Work Conquers Everything!
Jun 19th, 2011, 8:52 am
Hmm... don't need anyone's opinion on this one: it's a great idea, Jay! :) I'm in, definitely. You'll just have to find a lap of time that suits all contesters.

For the moment, I just spotted tattle-busy-bee announcing comics writers' list on twitter, meaning I need this list up-to-date asap, because a complete and neat list is the only way to 'grab' new visitors and get them hooked to stay. Got to work on that first.

And while I got your attention, looks 'reviews' topic got some regular readers now, making me think about a 'preview' topic... :lol: Would make users look forward for new comics, releasers competing to be the first to release it knowing that 'previewed' comics will get a double reward when they get released...

See? We also can have great idea, you and me... (!)
Jun 19th, 2011, 8:52 am
Aug 12th, 2011, 11:23 pm

This sign means there's a review available for this comics (here), or just follow the 'review' link inside the release post. I know it's the same sign used for direct download files in software and games sections, but maybe in time some technician can add a specific 'review' sign to the ebook section. We'll do with this in the meantime. ;)
Aug 12th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Aug 13th, 2011, 1:39 pm
What is the Difference Between Graphic Novels and Comic Books?

Learn it now in our Comics Knowledge Base, here ---> Image

Note: Because of the risk of confusion on the distinctions between the formats, Graphic Novels and Comic books are all categorized in a global 'comics' section on this site.
Aug 13th, 2011, 1:39 pm
Sep 9th, 2011, 9:44 pm
Just a quick question can cbr files be changed so that they can be read on nook color, or do I need to break down and buy and Ipad
Sep 9th, 2011, 9:44 pm
Sep 10th, 2011, 6:11 am
lorekeeper wrote:Just a quick question can cbr files be changed so that they can be read on nook color, or do I need to break down and buy and Ipad

.cbr or .cbz files can changed into .zip or .rar file by change their file type, then extract them using any file extractor (winzip, winrar, 7-zip) so you will have any picture files (.png, .jpg, .jpeg or etc) in a folder. Now you can see and read them in using any picture viewer.
Sep 10th, 2011, 6:11 am

Sep 24th, 2011, 3:48 am
urojay wrote:
lorekeeper wrote:Just a quick question can cbr files be changed so that they can be read on nook color, or do I need to break down and buy and Ipad

.cbr or .cbz files can changed into .zip or .rar file by change their file type, then extract them using any file extractor (winzip, winrar, 7-zip) so you will have any picture files (.png, .jpg, .jpeg or etc) in a folder. Now you can see and read them in using any picture viewer.

Just a note, you don't need to change the file type. You can just right click (or Shift+Right click on Windows XP and below) and Open With... Then select your RAR or ZIP program. Or if you have Winrar open (I can't varify it does it for all programs), you can just navigate to it and open it like a normal RAR.
Sep 24th, 2011, 3:48 am

Come watch Iron Manime - the only Iron Man Anime Abridged!
Code: Select allhttp://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfBacZm-VrKPAq83pufD2FTNiEScUQ5JP
Oct 21st, 2011, 2:46 pm
Ever wondered what the role of a writer, artist, penciler, colorist, etc... is about? Find it out in our Comics Knowledge Base

Feel free to PM Image or Image any questions about comics, we'll help you out if we can, while at the same time provide information for other comic peeps.

Crazy about comics? Then visit these topics: Comics news - Comics reviews. - Comics writers - Comics contests - Comics list - Similar Comics - Comics publishers - Webcomics - Motion Comics - Comics Knowledge Base - Comics: Whois?
Oct 21st, 2011, 2:46 pm
Oct 21st, 2011, 3:07 pm
Btw, you don't have to agree with the reviewer's opinions posted in the Comics reviews topic. You find a comics boring, crap, and a waste of download time & cost? Or you think some other comics deserves far better critics? Write it here and let others know. It might make you look a comics 'loner', or on the contrary serve others to discover some beautiful, yet unknown comic treasures...

Crazy about comics? Then visit these topics: Comics news - Comics reviews. - Comics writers - Comics contests - Comics list - Similar Comics - Comics publishers - Webcomics - Motion Comics - Comics Knowledge Base - Comics: Whois?
Oct 21st, 2011, 3:07 pm
Nov 23rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Hey peeps,

a question for Urojay :)
First I thought to send you a pm, but maybe other people will have the same problem so I post it here.

I downloaded a comicbook posted by you, but when I try to open it says it's password protected. I read trough your whole post, but didn't find any reference to a password.
The comicbook is "Cities of the Fantastic by B. Peeters and F. Schuiten (.CBR)"
any change you can help me out?

K.
Nov 23rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Nov 24th, 2011, 12:54 pm
gabrielbaroen wrote:Hey peeps,

a question for Urojay :)
First I thought to send you a pm, but maybe other people will have the same problem so I post it here.

I downloaded a comicbook posted by you, but when I try to open it says it's password protected. I read trough your whole post, but didn't find any reference to a password.
The comicbook is "Cities of the Fantastic by B. Peeters and F. Schuiten (.CBR)"
any change you can help me out?

K.

I didnot put any passwords for the books (or other comics book either), they will open if you use any CBR Reader. But to be sure, can you tell me which issue(s)?!

Update:

I changed the oron's files and refreshed wupload's links.
    Thanks for the notice Gabriel. ;)
Nov 24th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Nov 25th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Any thoughts about making a separated section for complete comics series?

Crazy about comics? Then visit these topics: Comics news - Comics reviews. - Comics writers - Comics contests - Comics list - Similar Comics - Comics publishers - Webcomics - Motion Comics - Comics Knowledge Base - Comics: Whois? - Video reviews
Nov 25th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Nov 25th, 2011, 6:24 pm
Zacharie wrote:Any thoughts about making a separated section for complete comics series?

New Sub section in comics, or Independent Section?! ;)
Nov 25th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Nov 25th, 2011, 6:33 pm
urojay wrote:
Zacharie wrote:Any thoughts about making a separated section for complete comics series?

New Sub section in comics, or Independent Section?! ;)

New sub section in comics. Eventually same way could be made a sub section to put the review, publishers, etc... topics, so would only be comics releases on the front page. Those topics are referred to from within the releases anyway.

Crazy about comics? Then visit these topics: Comics news - Comics reviews. - Comics writers - Comics contests - Comics list - Similar Comics - Comics publishers - Webcomics - Motion Comics - Comics Knowledge Base - Comics: Whois? - Video reviews
Nov 25th, 2011, 6:33 pm