All app releases are available in this section. New releases have to be posted here.
Feb 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm
A question. Am I just not understanding the point of the Watchlist feature?

I went through apps and found ones that I care about. I added them to the watchlist

https://imgur.com/nlbCa4r

It now looks like this. That to me at least looks like I'm watching threads. What I want is to be able to see when those 10 applications have been updated as the full installed list is way too long.

Is that the purpose of the watchlist feature?
Will it actually track the application and let me know when newer versions are released?
What's the point of those checkboxes?

Thank you
Feb 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm
Feb 15th, 2018, 12:37 pm
unipinguin wrote:A question. Am I just not understanding the point of the Watchlist feature?

I went through apps and found ones that I care about. I added them to the watchlist

https://imgur.com/nlbCa4r

It now looks like this. That to me at least looks like I'm watching threads. What I want is to be able to see when those 10 applications have been updated as the full installed list is way too long.

Is that the purpose of the watchlist feature?
Will it actually track the application and let me know when newer versions are released?
What's the point of those checkboxes?

Thank you

The watch-list is indeed meant to "watch" for updates of the releases you add to this list.
You will get notified through a dialog if an update has been found, through this dialog you can directly "visit" this new release to download it etc.
The check-boxes are there to select the individual items in this list, which you then can delete.
The watch-list will be copied to the backup folder in the mobilism dir after you close the app, purpose of this that you always have a up to date copy for yourself (which you can put in a safe place) so you will not need to re-add all the items again.
Should you uninstall mobilism and reinstall it, the watch-list will automatically be restored.
Trust this clarifies.
Feb 15th, 2018, 12:37 pm
Feb 16th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Hey, quick question

On the previous version when I was downloading an ebook with premium it would automatically extract that ebook and offer me directly to upload to play books. Now instead it says it extracts but then I am only offered to open the archive instead of having access to the book directly. Do I need to change a setting or something?
Feb 16th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Feb 16th, 2018, 11:18 pm
diddykong5 wrote:Hey, quick question

On the previous version when I was downloading an ebook with premium it would automatically extract that ebook and offer me directly to upload to play books. Now instead it says it extracts but then I am only offered to open the archive instead of having access to the book directly. Do I need to change a setting or something?


Extraction is now by default disabled, you can enable it again in settings if you want.
If extraction is complete and the archive contains multiple files (pdf, epub) your default file explorer should open and you can choose which file to open. Single items stay the same as you described.
Feb 16th, 2018, 11:18 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:35 pm
lost my watchlist -- i believe i had the app running the in background and when i resumed, added a new app to watchlist and it overwrote what i had previously and the new app was the only app on the watchlist. (got corrupted due to stale session i guess)

How to we backup watchlist? - noticed a new data.ser file. <-- is that it?
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Feb 18th, 2018, 2:00 am
w1690034 wrote:lost my watchlist -- i believe i had the app running the in background and when i resumed, added a new app to watchlist and it overwrote what i had previously and the new app was the only app on the watchlist. (got corrupted due to stale session i guess)

How to we backup watchlist? - noticed a new data.ser file. <-- is that it?

3/4 post above this one, I explained how the watchlist works, just have a look.
I will have a look how we can avoid such a situation as yours.
Feb 18th, 2018, 2:00 am
Feb 18th, 2018, 3:17 am
w1690034 wrote:lost my watchlist -- i believe i had the app running the in background and when i resumed, added a new app to watchlist and it overwrote what i had previously and the new app was the only app on the watchlist. (got corrupted due to stale session i guess)

How to we backup watchlist? - noticed a new data.ser file. <-- is that it?


Exactly this is the problem am having till now, If you add any new App to the Watchlist it will replace all other Watchlisted Apps.!
and as mentioned by @Lucius1972 I have already taken the backup of data.ser but when i replace nothing happens,Still am having the newly added Watchlist App.!

Now i have added 32 Apps to Watchlist and save it but i don't have anything in Mobilism-->WatchlistBackup-->Bin-->an empty folder

Hope this will be fixed.!!
Feb 18th, 2018, 3:17 am

Tamil G
Feb 23rd, 2018, 9:57 pm
Will there be a version of the app for iOS?
Feb 23rd, 2018, 9:57 pm
Feb 24th, 2018, 4:05 am
I was trying to respond to a post in the forums, and the text entry wouldn't allow me to type more than a very limited number of characters. I shortened the entry, then hit the post button, and got an error saying "Failed to post comment." I tried a few more times, getting the same message. Checking from my desktop machine, I found that it *did* post those replies (which I have since deleted.) If you need any extra data, please let me know.

http://www.dexterityunlimited.com/b3ta/Screenshot_20180223-203841.jpg

Mobilism v2.1.0.1
Android v7.1.1
Device: Samsung J700P
Virtual Keyboard: Swype + Dragon v3.2.4
Feb 24th, 2018, 4:05 am
Feb 24th, 2018, 6:27 am
Narasinha wrote:I was trying to respond to a post in the forums, and the text entry wouldn't allow me to type more than a very limited number of characters. I shortened the entry, then hit the post button, and got an error saying "Failed to post comment." I tried a few more times, getting the same message. Checking from my desktop machine, I found that it *did* post those replies (which I have since deleted.) If you need any extra data, please let me know.

Mobilism v2.1.0.1
Android v7.1.1
Device: Samsung J700P
Virtual Keyboard: Swype + Dragon v3.2.4


Thx for the feedback, should be fixed in 2.1.0.2
Furthermore I will increase the size of the characters you can type, so you have some more possibilities.
Feb 24th, 2018, 6:27 am
Feb 25th, 2018, 4:31 am
Thanks much, Lucius. Looking forward to the continued progress. Excellent work!
Feb 25th, 2018, 4:31 am
Feb 25th, 2018, 2:02 pm
When you use the app, see a release and then click downloads it shows a few links. If you click on them they automatically open in the application rather than my default browser (Chrome). This would be fine, except the sites are full of ads and popups which don't play well with the application version. This means instead I have to click read more, scroll down and click the link myself which opens it in Chrome.

Can we have an option to open the link in Downloads with my default browser please?
Feb 25th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Feb 25th, 2018, 2:28 pm
unipinguin wrote:When you use the app, see a release and then click downloads it shows a few links. If you click on them they automatically open in the application rather than my default browser (Chrome). This would be fine, except the sites are full of ads and popups which don't play well with the application version. This means instead I have to click read more, scroll down and click the link myself which opens it in Chrome.

Can we have an option to open the link in Downloads with my default browser please?

Thx for the headsup. Will be added as option.
Feb 25th, 2018, 2:28 pm
Feb 26th, 2018, 2:52 am
Just installed that new version, quickly browse on it.

Very good job!

Compare to the other one, we now live outside the cave.

Thanks for the hard work.
Feb 26th, 2018, 2:52 am
Feb 26th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Do we need to re-register to use the app or will our username and password from the site work?
Feb 26th, 2018, 10:07 pm