All game releases are available in this section. New releases have to be posted here.
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Here is a step by step guide on installing apps from Mobilism:

You can use Mobilism Market or if you want to download on your computer and transfer:

1. Download the app.
2. Transfer the app to your phone and place in a folder you will remember placing it in on your SD Card (Skip this step if using you Android to download).
3. Go to the Market (on your Android) and search for Astro.
4. Download Astro File Manager (its free).
5. Once installed open Astro.
6. Go to the folder you put the application in (if you downloaded from you Android it will be the folder call "download" or "downloads").
7. Click the app once (a Pop Up should appear) and choose open app manager (or words to that effect).
8. Click install once (you may get a Pop Up saying its blocked from installing just go to the settings and check the "Unknown Applications").

If you get a file with the app name and a extension that's like app name here.txt just use Astro and rename it to app name here.apk and do steps 7 and 8.

Posted by sunjoyk.

Here is a nicely done video tutorial - created by our member NightmareMan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UpugJkgH8o
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:58 pm

One of my links dead? PM me!
Nov 22nd, 2009, 8:46 pm
How do you uninstall the app with Astro?
Nov 22nd, 2009, 8:46 pm
Nov 22nd, 2009, 8:55 pm
I don't think Astro will uninstall programs. I use Quickuninstall that you can get from the Market site. :D
Nov 22nd, 2009, 8:55 pm
Mar 19th, 2010, 3:00 pm
1) Astro isn't installing it, Android is. Astro is simply launching the .apk file for Android to install
2) You don't need a 3rd party app to uninstall things
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
From there you can uninstall any apps you have installed.
Mar 19th, 2010, 3:00 pm
Apr 13th, 2010, 9:03 pm
./adb install ./Download/MyPPCWAREZapp.apk

is way faster, doesn't require any interaction with the phone and don't ask stupid confirmation about permission

adb is present for Win, Mac and of course Linux. use -r option to replace (if app is already installer) or uninstall to remove an application

If anybody interested in a adb tutorial i can write something ;)
Apr 13th, 2010, 9:03 pm
May 11th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Why don't you have the market anyways?
May 11th, 2010, 1:47 pm
May 15th, 2010, 6:22 pm
Or download straight from phone...
May 15th, 2010, 6:22 pm
Jul 5th, 2010, 3:15 pm
I just put the apk file onto the SD card (doesnt matter where) and install App Installer (or appinstaller) and install them through there. It searches for the files.

Works fine on a HTC Desire and a Motorola Backflip
Jul 5th, 2010, 3:15 pm
Jul 24th, 2010, 10:48 am
I use a cool trick to install downloaded apks.

Just install DropBox in computer and in android, and you are ready to go. No more cables.
Jul 24th, 2010, 10:48 am

Using Galaxy Note .My last devices: Htc Desire,Htc Magic,HTc Diamond, s200,s100..para Aplicaciones Android ir a http://4ndroid4pps.blogspot.com/
Aug 19th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Awesome game. Thanks!
Aug 19th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:19 am
Guys, i must ask several questions, because i just cant find on the net answers for this:

1. What is the difference between apk and sd files?
2. Is there any difference in the game if you install it from apk or sd files...?
3. I have HTC Desire. What of these two choices is recomended for me?
4. When in transfer sd files on sd card, how to install it? Do i need some program? Because i cant see any apk file or something like that to start installation

I know that those are probably silly questions, but if anybody wants to separate 2 minutes of their time to answer on it, it will mean whole lot to me. Thanks in advance.
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:19 am
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:41 am
Ok... Waht are "sd files" for you? For me sd files are...files that have been transfered onto SD card, nothing more

APK are Android package, in a certain way they are similar to instaler.exe on MS Windows, or .cab on WindowsMobile. In fact APKs are nothing more that modified zip archive with extention changed to apk (you can convice yourself by opening some apk with winrar or other archive manager) But apk have to be signed if you want to install them, that pretty much the only difference.

If you were not as lazy as you are you would have read this topic and know about apk installation on Android devices.

But: easiest way is you install from market Astro, then with Astro browse to your SD card and lauche the apk, the internal package manager from Astrop will let you install your app (firste you have to accept installation from unknow source in your device Settings

Another way (I prefer this) is installing apk with adb (Android debug bride), you can find it on Android SDK (there is Windows, Mac & Linux version)

with adb:

Code: Select all ./adb install ./Download/MyApp.apk

use -r option to force reinstall if needed
If you get an error try:
Code: Select all ./adb kill-server
./adb start-server
./adb remount
(as root if you're runing linux

ADB can do a LOT more but that another topic ;)
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:41 am
Sep 15th, 2010, 12:50 pm
First, thanks for your answer. Believe me i spent hours trying to find out some info about this.

carbonyle wrote:Ok... Waht are "sd files" for you? For me sd files are...files that have been transfered onto SD card, nothing more

I`m newbie, but this is what confuses me:

there is link for. apk file (which i menaged to install with ASTRO), but there is link for SD Files. What is difference between this two files? If i understand you well, there are no diffence, except for other extension.
But when i download sd files, there are bunch of files but none of them is .apk so i cant run installation on android. Is solution to that, just to change extension from zip file to apk? I dont know if you understand what i`m talking about...

And is there any difference in the actuall game, depending from which of these two files game is installed?
Sep 15th, 2010, 12:50 pm
Sep 15th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Ok I think now I understand. You've downloaded a game that require "a lot" of files. Since people genereally install app from market this would require a lot of data to download (maybe there is a market app size limitation, honnestrly I don't know). To avoid this they made a separate archive with those file on it.
So you have to put thoses sd file on your sd card (take care to respect folders)
So: the apk is the real app, sd file seems to be "data" needed by the app.
I already see this for certain game.
Hope this was an usefull answer
PS: thanks a lot for your donation!
Cheers
Sep 15th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Sep 15th, 2010, 6:56 pm
Yes, you shurely helped me to understand some things...
The main question is what to do with those files? Maybe to install apk file, and then to copy that to sd card... Because you eitherway have to download additional files when you first enter tha game...
Sep 15th, 2010, 6:56 pm