If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Feb 28th, 2019, 7:50 pm
Recently I've rooted my phone and have been using Lucky Patcher to patch a few apps, while also using other stuff like ACMarket and modded paid apps I usually get from here.

So today I realized that my Twitch account was hacked. I was logged out on the website and my password wasn't matching, after I changed it and got in I noticed that my Bits I had were gone.

I noticed today that these two apps called "Z Camera" and "Z Gallery" appeared out of nowhere for the second time in my installed apps list, even though I have never heard about those apps.

The only root permissions on my phone are set to allow Lucky Patcher, AdAway, BusyBox and Greenify only.

Is there anyway I can find out if I'm being hacked or "caught" a malware? I'll admit that I might have installed a fishy version of JasiPatcher at some point (it took forever to install and gave me a blackscreen when I tried to launch it, so I uninstalled it).

Any ideas? Thank you.
Feb 28th, 2019, 7:50 pm
Mar 4th, 2019, 8:15 am
I have no idea but I do know that things can happen when you Root your phone as a lot of inbuilt apps need to have permissions and when you Root
your phone you take them off, you can get some very good apps for Rooted Phone but you can get hack. Thats why I will never Root my Phone..
Mar 4th, 2019, 8:15 am

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Mar 12th, 2019, 5:00 am
That doesn`t sound too good. If you still haven`t solved the issue I would first install an antivirus like bitedefender free from the official play store, it`s free and quite good. If it doesn`t work how you want it restore from your pre-root backup, boot up in safe mode, and start uninstalling stuf
Mar 12th, 2019, 5:00 am
Mar 15th, 2019, 1:39 pm
ktx-nz wrote:I have no idea but I do know that things can happen when you Root your phone as a lot of inbuilt apps need to have permissions and when you Root
your phone you take them off, you can get some very good apps for Rooted Phone but you can get hack. Thats why I will never Root my Phone..

Yes, me too... especially when you see that some 60% of Google playstore apps have viruses or trojan or "data uploaders" in them.

And, with respect to the posters here... we are playing with cracked apps - who knows WTF has been added to them, we just have to trust...
Mar 15th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Mar 16th, 2019, 4:35 am
I have never been hack and I only use the apps I get from here, on all 4 Cellphones, 2 Android Tv Boxes, 1 Tablet.
Mar 16th, 2019, 4:35 am

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Apr 2nd, 2019, 2:28 pm
Err... actually it's the complete opposite with rooting. Unrooted you have zero control of what any app does or who it connects to or what information it sends. For example completely mapping your network and knowing all passwords for any wifi you've ever been connected to is a permission every app has by default. Anything you install can send that back home at any point. The Facebook app was making complete copies of all drives connected to phones and uploading them overnight.

Rooting doesn't make you vulnerable, it makes *you* the one with final authority over your device. Someone always has control and final say. Without root it's never you.
Apr 2nd, 2019, 2:28 pm