If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Dec 15th, 2021, 7:48 am
The streaming market is already saturated, besides Amazon and Apple has way more money.
Amazon has prime membership, which means any prime member can have access to Amazon music. Apple music has Dolby atmos and great playlists.
Spotify has a great algorithm, they have the best playlists. It is a very useful app, and has a lot of variety. Spotify likes to champion itself as the underdog, but they pay artists basically nothing.
Spotify is adding audiobooks to its features which is fine, but Amazon has Audible, and it will never be able to compete with that.
Long story short, Spotify was the first streaming app, due to the fact that the app is easily hacked means it will never really make a profit.
Spotify used to send a notification to those that it suspects of using cracked apps. They have stopped doing this because it is frankly quite pointless.
Dec 15th, 2021, 7:48 am
Dec 15th, 2021, 10:27 am
Agree
Dec 15th, 2021, 10:27 am

Without paid apk updates, I am nothing! Update your apps android releasers!
Dec 22nd, 2021, 7:35 pm
Correction: They do make profits, frankly University students and families are quite lured by deals on their plans. Plus only the android version is hacked, all the other versions still have ads. It's easier to just buy the subscription and use it across all devices easily. I am broke so I still use the mod xD
Dec 22nd, 2021, 7:35 pm
Dec 24th, 2021, 4:15 am
DSCreations wrote:Correction: They do make profits, frankly University students and families are quite lured by deals on their plans. Plus only the android version is hacked, all the other versions still have ads. It's easier to just buy the subscription and use it across all devices easily. I am broke so I still use the mod xD

https://9to5mac.com/2021/02/03/spotify-paid-subscribers-hit-155m/
https://www.androidcentral.com/spotify- ... lose-money

They are still losing money.
Dec 24th, 2021, 4:15 am
Dec 26th, 2021, 10:33 am
Why should we care about the profit of corporations?
They pay artists very little and it makes no difference if some users use modified apks.
Dec 26th, 2021, 10:33 am
Dec 27th, 2021, 7:36 am
You'll be surprised if I tell you that 90% of people don't even know what's a modded APK. They probably don't even know it's possible to install something outside Google Play. If they really wanted to make everything server sided like the download option it's pretty easy for them but nope, they're deliberately leaving people use the cracked version to have as much users as possible like Microsoft is doing with Windows. A user who doesn't generate profit is still a potential free walking ad, he can always suggest the app to his friends / family.
Dec 27th, 2021, 7:36 am
Dec 27th, 2021, 4:07 pm
I graduated from uni sometime ago but still can buy the Student Plan at a cheaper rate thanks to their shitty checking system. The issue with modded apps are the frequent crashing, unable to update the app, etc
Dec 27th, 2021, 4:07 pm
Jun 29th, 2022, 11:58 pm
Blablack wrote:I graduated from uni sometime ago but still can buy the Student Plan at a cheaper rate thanks to their shitty checking system. The issue with modded apps are the frequent crashing, unable to update the app, etc
You are getting frequent crashs? Weird ...
Jun 29th, 2022, 11:58 pm