If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Oct 25th, 2013, 1:24 am
We see threads with "Virus warning!" more often, than we like. Often it's only a simply check before downloading, to prevent mistakes. In this thread I'll show you some sites with malicious downloaders & how to prevent getting yourself trapped.
To be honest: It's sometimes not easy to find out what you have to check and what not to. This is what this thread is here to solve. :)

First: Always use a good adblocker. Recommended: Adblock Plus or Adaway (Android only).

KingFiles.net:

HugeFiles.net:

tusfiles.com:

Extabit.com
ATTENTION! This will popup after you entered the captcha!

AnySend.com

UnlimitZone.com
ATTENTION! The option will be right next after you entered the captcha!

HulkLoad.com
ATTENTION! The option will be right next after you entered the captcha!

What I recommend: Each uploader has the choice of using adf.ly. I know, not the best solution for downloaders, but they have to point to a friendly site, like Zippyshare.com, when using adf.ly.

If there is no other option to download for you:
• Nicely ask for a mirror, and
• search for the file somewhere. If you were lucky, please post a mirror.

Please note: If you downloaded the app successfully, you can easily post a mirror. We'd be pleased to see more mirrors to friendly sites (Friendly = No waiting, no hard limits, no scam or 3rd party sites.). Don't wait for a request - just upload it and post the link. Thank you.

Also note, if it's not your topic, you're not allowed to use sites like adf.ly for posting mirrors.

If each 3rd user would be willing to help mirror files, bad filehost sites won't be a problem. It's up to you to make the situation better.
Oct 25th, 2013, 1:24 am

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Oct 30th, 2013, 2:40 am
Automatically uncheck the checkboxes:

Either you need Greasemonkey for Firefox (Mozilla Browsers) or Tampermonkey for Chrome. If you have/installed it, go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8199 and install the script. The checkboxes are then unchecked automatically on each website (Pretty nifty, if you'd ask me).

If you prefer: Set the script to only working on the needed websites. Shouldn't be a problem.
Oct 30th, 2013, 2:40 am
Nov 9th, 2013, 9:43 pm
MickyFoley,

Had to stop by to say ThankU for keeping us
safe and current. :)
Your are always on top of things. :)

Thanks for all your hard work it is much appreciated... :D
Nov 9th, 2013, 9:43 pm

But That's Just My Opinion. I Could Be Wrong
Nov 16th, 2013, 1:45 am
So thoughtful of you to share this great information!

Kindest Regards,
absb
Nov 16th, 2013, 1:45 am
Nov 16th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Thank you for the info here because is very much needed.
Nov 16th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Nov 20th, 2013, 1:03 am
• Added UnlimitZone.com
• Added HulkLoad.com
Nov 20th, 2013, 1:03 am

I retired from moderating Android. Thanks to raindrops, Mr FuFu, XVI, jimking & verdasco. We'll see us :)
Nov 24th, 2013, 9:15 am
Many thanks, this is the thing that catches me on occasion.

top post
Nov 24th, 2013, 9:15 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Nov 26th, 2013, 10:32 am
Thank you very much, I almost installed that rubbish!
Nov 26th, 2013, 10:32 am
Nov 26th, 2013, 11:48 am
Now and then, even in what internet lately became, one or other tree saves
the eavil, greedy forest. Thanks Mickey Foley. you're one of the said elite.
Nov 26th, 2013, 11:48 am
Nov 29th, 2013, 7:12 am
The most irritating and spammy android app of all time has gotta be mobimarket. Try browsing any android related site and it starts downloading itself automatically.
Nov 29th, 2013, 7:12 am

I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.
Dec 2nd, 2013, 4:51 pm
I just want to add my thanks to all the others.

I was already aware of these tricks but it didn't occur to me that not everybody who uses those services is as savvy and needed someone to guide them through this particular minefield.

I forget that I was a newbie once. Thanks for helping me remember.
Dec 2nd, 2013, 4:51 pm
Dec 4th, 2013, 7:00 pm
never knew about greasemonkey and uncheckboxes addons. thank you so much for this.
Dec 4th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Dec 24th, 2013, 1:55 am
thx for this info...
Dec 24th, 2013, 1:55 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Dec 28th, 2013, 7:53 pm
where's the THANK YOU button for OP...I too was one who missed to uncheck a box and it fuggled up my PC...AMAZING script and nifty little extension for google chrome..keep up the AMAZING work...somehow someway put a thanks button so you can have credit given where its deserved!!! thanks mickyfoley

EDIT...WOW-OVER 10,000 views and only 13 replies...c'mon members, give credit where credit is due!
Dec 28th, 2013, 7:53 pm
Jan 19th, 2014, 1:34 pm
Thanks so much for the informative post Micky, as well as the help with using the Greasemonkey script to fix the issue...you're awesome! :)
Jan 19th, 2014, 1:34 pm