Discuss Android devices here.
Jan 7th, 2014, 12:21 pm
I'm firmly in the recognized brands are always better camp.. but after speaking to several people I know & listening to posts on various forums, my resolve is wavering.
http://www.merimobiles.com/?setCurrencyId=41 has been recommended as a great place to buy/good prices/customer service (apologies if outside links are not allowed)

I've been considering the: Huawei Ascend P6 Quad Core or perhaps the: OPPO Find 5 X909 (any others worth considering?)

I'd appreciate the thoughts of people here, especially if you have personal experience (good or bad)

Thanks.
Jan 7th, 2014, 12:21 pm
Jan 20th, 2014, 8:35 am
miseryguts wrote:I'm firmly in the recognized brands are always better camp.. but after speaking to several people I know & listening to posts on various forums, my resolve is wavering.
http://www.merimobiles.com/?setCurrencyId=41 has been recommended as a great place to buy/good prices/customer service (apologies if outside links are not allowed)

I've been considering the: Huawei Ascend P6 Quad Core or perhaps the: OPPO Find 5 X909 (any others worth considering?)

I'd appreciate the thoughts of people here, especially if you have personal experience (good or bad)

Thanks.

It's not so cheap !?
I've seen for a 4G chinese one
http://www.merimobiles.com/5-0-inch-34/
Jan 20th, 2014, 8:35 am
Jan 20th, 2014, 3:39 pm
I would only recommend getting one made by a well known brand like Huawei or ZTE as those brands have a higher QC inspection rate than other Chinese smartphone manufacturers.
Jan 20th, 2014, 3:39 pm
Mar 15th, 2014, 3:52 am
Do not trust the bootleg phones from China, but if it a brand phone in the Asian markets then go ahead and buy it .
Mar 15th, 2014, 3:52 am
Dec 16th, 2014, 5:41 am
I should suggest to go for Xiaomi, they have become the third largest phone manufacturers (just behind Samsung and Apple) in the world. And their products are well tested by users all around the world.
Dec 16th, 2014, 5:41 am
Jan 15th, 2015, 8:10 pm
Do your research on the phone you fancy.
I started with a star 500 which lasted about 5 months, then purchased a Iocean x7 elite which was great except for poor gps ( I then smashed when I fell off bicycle). Then I purchased a Inew V3 which I adore. Great gps , fast , easy to use. I purchase from a UK site and have no problems.
Jan 15th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Not a lot here
Jul 20th, 2015, 12:47 pm
never trust their warranty or after sale services. China always deceives
Jul 20th, 2015, 12:47 pm
Jul 20th, 2015, 2:44 pm
arlekin wrote:never trust their warranty or after sale services. China always deceives

That isn't true at all. If you have purchased your device from a trusted retailer and your device is 100% Genuine then they will honor the warranty.
Jul 20th, 2015, 2:44 pm
Dec 9th, 2015, 2:07 pm
Don't trust on Chinese phone, i will recommended a Samsung or Hawaii phones to buy.
Dec 9th, 2015, 2:07 pm
Jan 20th, 2016, 6:44 am
Most of your phones if not all are Chinese phones anyway. On the flip side, my family in China who own factories that build consumer electronics or parts (not phones) seldom if ever actually use their own products, but rather go for prestige brands
Jan 20th, 2016, 6:44 am
Feb 18th, 2016, 3:25 am
I am living and working in China, Shanghai more than 10 years.
And for me answer is only YES!
Because on place support and maintenance is cheap and great!
Feb 18th, 2016, 3:25 am
Jun 29th, 2017, 9:23 am
Only YES! Go for Xiaomi. Awesome phones - for cheap. Best deal.
Jun 29th, 2017, 9:23 am
Jul 5th, 2017, 7:42 am
You should try it, who knows you'll like it. I was having doubts too on chinese phone at first.. when I had the chance to replace my phone, I searched for a good phone (specs wise) with more affordable price (I'm a college student)..

I set my sight on Xiaomi and did a lot of research on the specs vs price vs different brands with same specs.. when I decided to go wiith Xiaomi, my mom was cynical about its quality and even offered me an upgrade to Samsung.. but hey, I took my chances and I didn't regret buying it :) now, I even converted my dad and brother to Xiaomi lol

Just sharing some of my experience, do your research thoroughly and make an informed decision, that way you can't regret buying a chinese phone.. have a good day and good luck!
Jul 5th, 2017, 7:42 am
Mar 26th, 2019, 3:14 am
Oppo devices aren't that bad and have come along way from their early days. Their latest range of devices are pretty good quality. However their colorOS skin is quite annoying a way too iOS like.

tsrivai wrote:You should try it, who knows you'll like it. I was having doubts too on chinese phone at first.. when I had the chance to replace my phone, I searched for a good phone (specs wise) with more affordable price (I'm a college student)..

I set my sight on Xiaomi and did a lot of research on the specs vs price vs different brands with same specs.. when I decided to go wiith Xiaomi, my mom was cynical about its quality and even offered me an upgrade to Samsung.. but hey, I took my chances and I didn't regret buying it :) now, I even converted my dad and brother to Xiaomi lol

Just sharing some of my experience, do your research thoroughly and make an informed decision, that way you can't regret buying a chinese phone.. have a good day and good luck!

Yeah, Xiaomi devices are excellent value for money. Even their flagship devices are pretty good. But their MiUI skin is very annoying but that can be easily remeded by slapping a 3rd party launcher on top of your device.
Mar 26th, 2019, 3:14 am
Apr 23rd, 2019, 5:11 am
Honestly the OnePlus and Ulefone brands got me looking well outside the box and I'm not disappointed from my flagship Samsung when I use them. They don't spy on you like paranoid people try to say. I know networking and I would have found it out by now. I purposely tried to find any indication and it isn't there.
Apr 23rd, 2019, 5:11 am

Meow