Discuss internal Android hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jun 9th, 2011, 8:44 am
I wanted to buy a Sandisk microSD card for my tablet and happened to find an 8GB one on PickEgg which only needs 10.9 bucks with shipping on a promotion. But it's not from Sandisk, actually I can't find a brand name on the page. So does the brand matter? Thanks in advance.
Jun 9th, 2011, 8:44 am
Jun 13th, 2011, 5:13 pm
Although i wouldn't say brand mattered, it would be better to get a branded one you can trust. Depending what your putting on the SD card will mean more, if your running movies from it then you maybe want a higher class SD card (Class 6-8 aren't normally that expensive) and will give you overall better performance.
Jun 13th, 2011, 5:13 pm
Jun 14th, 2011, 7:54 am
Well, almost any brand name will be better than a blank branded one!

If they don't want to be associated with the card, you have to wonder how good it is!
Jun 14th, 2011, 7:54 am
Jun 15th, 2011, 6:41 am
Thanks Razorback and Fluffbutt!

The website promised 45 days refund so I placed an order anyway and just got it yesterday. It seems very durable and works fine right now. But thank you for your opinions, I mean it. :) :)
Jun 15th, 2011, 6:41 am
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:03 am
I would say no, microSD cards are all the same really. A brand name wouldn't neccessary be any better than a non-brand name. The only difference would be the production quality, a non-brand name would have a better chance of failing down the line than a brand name.
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:03 am
Aug 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm
DarkGuyver wrote:I would say no, microSD cards are all the same really. A brand name wouldn't neccessary be any better than a non-brand name. The only difference would be the production quality, a non-brand name would have a better chance of failing down the line than a brand name.

I take large exception to the statement that all cards are the same, REALLY?, No they aren't. Take a look at some of the problems people are having with cards bought from online sellers that are branded knock offs. I bought a marked Kingston 32 gbyte class 4 card to upgrade my Samsung Focus. I had problems getting it to work. I tried to contact the seller; gone. I sent the card to Kingston for replacement only to find out it was a counterfeit; probably from China. I'm out $65.

So no, all cards aren't the same but just as important is where you buy the card. Amazon, NewEgg, places like that will stand behind the product. Lastly, San Disk is known for the best and most reliable card in the industry. Take this for what it's worth: $65.
Aug 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm
Aug 18th, 2011, 8:15 pm
Buy cards ONLY from reputable sources, and reputable brands. sure, going to staples or newegg might cost you more in the short term. BUT, then if something goes wrong, you have the means to get serviced. some no name seller often will have bootleg or cheap knock offs. While generic frosted mini wheats or generic canned veggies are about the same as name brand, the same is NOT the same for computers and electronic equipment.

Given that, keep your eyes open. I picked up a 16GB mSD card from staples on sale, about 25 bucks. You can often find these sales at different stores, and get a decent price.
Aug 18th, 2011, 8:15 pm
Sep 27th, 2011, 6:19 am
Sellers like Amazon also offer brand-name products for less if they're in bulk (e.g. no packaging). Which seems like a good deal to me :p

Most of the time, being in a legit store and seeing a generic brand for less can be a good thing, although in the case of Radioshack, their Gigaware cards are only Class 2, where SanDisk cards may be Class 4 (e.g. faster). Neither is better, but Sandisk has the bigger name and thus the higher price... and a slightly faster card to boot.
Sep 27th, 2011, 6:19 am

More mirrors = more happy users
flashmirrors | interupload | mirrorcreator.com
Oct 22nd, 2011, 8:58 am
Aximtreo wrote:I take large exception to the statement that all cards are the same, REALLY?, No they aren't. Take a look at some of the problems people are having with cards bought from online sellers that are branded knock offs. I bought a marked Kingston 32 gbyte class 4 card to upgrade my Samsung Focus. I had problems getting it to work. I tried to contact the seller; gone. I sent the card to Kingston for replacement only to find out it was a counterfeit; probably from China. I'm out $65.

So no, all cards aren't the same but just as important is where you buy the card. Amazon, NewEgg, places like that will stand behind the product. Lastly, San Disk is known for the best and most reliable card in the industry. Take this for what it's worth: $65.

I didn't take into consideration of buying counterfeit SD/microSD Cards. I only buy SC/microSD cards from reputable retailers, which is what I recommend everyone to do. Counterfeit cards can actually damage your cellphone.
Oct 22nd, 2011, 8:58 am
Dec 23rd, 2011, 5:30 am
amy822 wrote:Thanks Razorback and Fluffbutt!

The website promised 45 days refund so I placed an order anyway and just got it yesterday. It seems very durable and works fine right now. But thank you for your opinions, I mean it. :) :)

wow!!! it's awesome.....
Dec 23rd, 2011, 5:30 am

buy Desktop Computer online in Australia & Get a Special Christmas Discount.....:p