Discuss Android apps here.
Feb 2nd, 2017, 3:50 pm
The last version of Tinder that I was able to spoof my (without Tinder Plus) was v5.1. I was able to use the Fake GPS app (by Lexa) v2.0.6. The steps were as follows:

1) make Fake GPS it a system app using the directions in the app description on the Play Store (root required)
2) go into developer settings and uncheck 'Allow Mock Locations' setting (the Lexa app doesn't need it, since it's a system app apparently.)
3) go into the phone settings and change location from High Accuracy to Device Only
4) go into the Fake GPS app settings and check the box for Spoof WiFi Provider
5) force close Tinder, and wipe its app data & cache
6) open Fake GPS and set desired location
7) open Tinder, sign in, and that's it

This process no longer works on newer versions of Tinder. Does anyone have success using any apps, Xposed modules, or maybe a combination? If so, please share!

Thanks!
Feb 2nd, 2017, 3:50 pm
Mar 26th, 2017, 7:38 am
Thanks for your effort. Well, so if the last version of Tinder which your steps work on is v5.1 then one might just as well downgrade to v5.1, right? I mean what do we lose from downgrading to v5.1?

If you downgrade to v5.1 do you lose your current likes and ppl who liked you as well as your conversations with liked ppl?
Mar 26th, 2017, 7:38 am
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Look up the Fake My GPS Xposed module
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:27 pm
lowfive wrote:Look up the Fake My GPS Xposed module

So if the last version of Tinder which your steps work on is v5.1 then one might just as well downgrade freely to v5.1, right? Do you lose your current likes and ppl who liked you as well as your conversations with liked ppl if you downgrade to v5.1? Currently I'm on the latest play store version.
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:27 pm
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:32 pm
The Xposed module I mentioned actually works with the most recent versions of Tinder. No downgrading needed.
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:32 pm
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:41 pm
lowfive wrote:The Xposed module I mentioned actually works with the most recent versions of Tinder. No downgrading needed.

C00l, 10x! So in the OP you are referring to 'Fake GPS app (by Lexa)' and now you're mentioning 'Fake My GPS Xposed module'. Those are 2 different methods so if 'Fake My GPS Xposed module' is the latest and successful method then what are the needed steps with it? Could they be the same as in the OP, although the OP addresses the app and not the exposed module?
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:41 pm
Mar 26th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Once you have Xposed framework installed, the module downloaded installed and enabled, just put GPS on high accuracy mode, force close Tinder, spoof your location with the module, and then open Tinder. That's all it takes.

If you do not already have Xposed framework, I will caution you that it's not necessarily simple to get it up and running, and it can issues with some ROMs/setups. You will have to identify the proper version of Xposed for your phone, and that can be a little bit difficult. As with most things android, XDA Developers forum will be your homebase for everything Xposed.
Mar 26th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Mar 27th, 2017, 7:11 am
Great! 10x man, I'll take if from here :)
Mar 27th, 2017, 7:11 am
Jun 11th, 2018, 8:10 am
If your phone does not have Xposed , or no Root at all, then you can try VirtualXposed
Jun 11th, 2018, 8:10 am
Jul 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm
I'll check out virtualxposed, thanks.

I've always used Travel Apps fake gps location with no problem and it works with the newest tinder as of this comment, 9.1.0. Travel Apps fake gps location is no longer in the app store, you'll find it listed incorrectly as "pokemon go gps faker". by the way, does anyone have a new version? I have the free unpaid version, v4.7.
Jul 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm
Jul 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm
nintendo1889 wrote:I'll check out virtualxposed, thanks.

I've always used Travel Apps fake gps location with no problem and it works with the newest tinder as of this comment, 9.1.0. Travel Apps fake gps location is no longer in the app store, you'll find it listed incorrectly as "pokemon go gps faker". by the way, does anyone have a new version? I have the free unpaid version, v4.7.

Which app is Travel Apps fake gps location?
Jul 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm
Jul 28th, 2018, 8:05 am
Looking for the same thing
Jul 28th, 2018, 8:05 am

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=330848

Make the uploaders of this site change to another upload site with more mirrors.
Aug 2nd, 2018, 4:23 pm
@nintendo1889 I believe you're referring to this app, correct?:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incorporateapps.fakegps.fre

It appears that either the developer has changed or it's just a name change. Additionally, I do not believe that this currently works properly because Tinder still forces you to enable High Accuracy mode, which uses other sources than the GPS radio to determine your location. MOST apps cannot spoof anything other than the GPS radio reported location, which is insufficient to trick Tinder. Generally what's required is a more deeply integrated solution, whether it be an Xposed module or a System app that can hijack or spoof more than just the GPS location.

Since I've switched phones and upgraded to Android 8.1, I've also stopped using Xposed and currently am without a solution. The one thing I've found that may work with Magisk while still passing Safety Net is the Small Patcher that can be found over at XDA. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't say whether or not it would actually work, but it seems like the best chance at this point.
Aug 2nd, 2018, 4:23 pm
Aug 23rd, 2018, 1:12 am
lowfive wrote:@nintendo1889 The one thing I've found that may work with Magisk while still passing Safety Net is the Small Patcher that can be found over at XDA. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't say whether or not it would actually work, but it seems like the best chance at this point.

Link or name?
Aug 23rd, 2018, 1:12 am
Jul 17th, 2020, 2:28 am
does anyone have any method for this that works in 2020?
Jul 17th, 2020, 2:28 am